Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Interesting. I'm gunna need confirmation this is actually a repress and not hold overs. Because that's pretty quick for a repress with how backlogged everything is.

Interesting. I'm gunna need confirmation this is actually a repress and not hold overs. Because that's pretty quick for a repress with how backlogged everything is.
They've been sold out of PE for a while with some folks reporting they were told there were no more copies left for replacement. I'm guessing it's a full repress. They might've planned on doing one all along which is why they got it in after only about 6 months instead of something closer to 9 months.

I still would like to hear confirmation from Pauly or someone at VMP that the problems reported with the initial pressing were addressed, even if they didn't bother with free replacements like they did with OutKast.

I'm a big enough fan of this album I'm willing to swap for another copy, assuming they actually addressed whatever it was that fucked up the first pressing.

They've been sold out of PE for a while with some folks reporting they were told there were no more copies left for replacement. I'm guessing it's a full repress. They might've planned on doing one all along which is why they got it in after only about 6 months instead of something closer to 9 months.

I still would like to hear confirmation from Pauly or someone at VMP that the problems reported with the initial pressing were addressed, even if they didn't bother with free replacements like they did with OutKast.

I'm a big enough fan of this album I'm willing to swap for another copy, assuming they actually addressed whatever it was that fucked up the first pressing.
C'MOOOON Wu repress...

Okay, I verified the Public Enemy restock is NOT a repress. It's from the original run. So, order at your own peril. CS claims that the entire run wasn't affected by the pressing issues. But I think it's safe to say that it likely was, or at least a very large proportion was. So I will not be re ordering.

Okay, I verified the Public Enemy restock is NOT a repress. It's from the original run. So, order at your own peril. CS claims that the entire run wasn't affected by the pressing issues. But I think it's safe to say that it likely was, or at least a very large proportion was. So I will not be re ordering.
But.....I was told it sounds fine!

I wonder if their Mama's gun is the same run, which I was also told sounds great but to me sounds like staticky shit.

Did anybody ever get a copy to their satisfaction here? I don't trust what anyone says on Reddit.
I know some people did say they got clean copies. But man, like I had 6 Wu's, 2 Public Enemy's, and about 4 ATliens and all of them had noise at the beginning of every single side. And the first two Meters I got also have the same noise. And before anyone says "maybe your system is misaligned" no it's not. I don't have this issue with any other releases, from any other labels, anywhere in my 670 album collection. So it's GZ doing their thing.

I know some people did say they got clean copies. But man, like I had 6 Wu's, 2 Public Enemy's, and about 4 ATliens and all of them had noise at the beginning of every single side. And the first two Meters I got also have the same noise. And before anyone says "maybe your system is misaligned" no it's not. I don't have this issue with any other releases, from any other labels, anywhere in my 670 album collection. So it's GZ doing their thing.
I have been having some noise issues with The Meters but so far have only been asking replacements because the packaging keeps getting damaged. Copy #3 is on the way as I type this.

I gave up after my second noisy Public Enemy because I was so tired of issues between that, Wu, OutKast, and Mars Volta all at the same time and was ready to just move on from everything. Now that I've had a few months of relatively stress-free vinyl collecting, maybe I'll aggravate myself once again if PE shows up in swaps next week.

I have been having some noise issues with The Meters but so far have only been asking replacements because the packaging keeps getting damaged. Copy #3 is on the way as I type this.

I gave up after my second noisy Public Enemy because I was so tired of issues between that, Wu, OutKast, and Mars Volta all at the same time and was ready to just move on from everything. Now that I've had a few months of relatively stress-free vinyl collecting, maybe I'll aggravate myself once again if PE shows up in swaps next week.
I too had a bit of noise on the Meters, it's not much but enough that it's jarring. Same with Grizzly Bear. GZ was on a nice little run for awhile there.

I just want a few months on no hassle. They fixed my Volta so that's great. ATliens isn't perfect but it's much better so okay fine. PE I took the best copy I could Frankenstein together and again, it's fine after the first 20 seconds or so on each side. Wu is the one though. That one burns me because they're all exactly the same, distortion on the bass right channel and top of side noise. I'm not even sure if a repress would fix this one. I suspect the distorting is a master thing.

I must be one of the chosen few, got a clean copy of PE...it was a little quiet and there was a big old pop right before the music hit but that was it! I have 3 bad copies of the Wu album, never got a clean Mars Volta and am waiting on more replacements for my Outkast replacements so it's not like I'm super lucky!

I must be one of the chosen few, got a clean copy of PE...it was a little quiet and there was a big old pop right before the music hit but that was it! I have 3 bad copies of the Wu album, never got a clean Mars Volta and am waiting on more replacements for my Outkast replacements so it's not like I'm super lucky!
I really want a clean PE but I'm really scared. Mine were noisy all the way through. Really noticed it during the 66.6fm skit.

My PE & Meters are clean. Both my copies of OutKast had the noise, second copy was better, both copies worst on side D - haven’t tested the repress replacements they sent yet. My Wu had minimal noise at the beginning of side A, but had bass distortion throughout. The bass distortion disappeared after I changed my stylus though so I’m not really sure.

Back