Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I mean I just heard about the dude today and sharing what Iā€™m learning. Iā€™m not clutching my pearls about a stray word. Iā€™m seeing lyrics like this:

ā€œShoulda know seh Capleton bun battyman
You should know that Capleton burns queers
ā€œDem same fire apply to di lesbian
The same fire applies to lesbians
ā€œSeh mi bun everything from mi know seh dem gay
Say, I burn everything as long as I know that theyā€™re gay
ā€œAll boogaman and sodemites fi get killed
All queers and sodomites should be killedā€

Thatā€™s not the same as Mobb Deep or Eminem, to me. but whatever. If you all knew about this and are like ā€œthatā€™s what the dude singsā€ or donā€™t want to judge him or his culture or whatever, thatā€™s fine with me. Iā€™m not trying to organize a boycott. I just donā€™t like it so this album is a pass for me.

I mean I just heard about the dude today and sharing what Iā€™m learning. Iā€™m not clutching my pearls about a stray word. Iā€™m seeing lyrics like this:

Thatā€™s not the same as Mobb Deep or Eminem, to me. but whatever. If you all knew about this and are like ā€œthatā€™s what the dude singsā€ or donā€™t want to judge him or his culture or whatever, thatā€™s fine with me. Iā€™m not trying to organize a boycott. I just donā€™t like it so this album is a pass for me.
It's not going to be him. It seems a large leap to give this a pass and to put a ban on Nas lol

Having a hard time imagining them justifying why Play is worth having. So hope that either they redo The Infamous, which would be silly, or that Storf missed Lord Finesse maybe?

Maybe I should go back to hoping it's the wrong year and they somehow got Organized Konfusion and it will be their best pick yet? Haha.

Edit: oh yeah I think someone guessed that on reddit too, nevermind.

I donā€™t really follow the clues that closely on a monthly basis but Iā€™m hoping that maybe the number clues mean different things for the different tracks. Not sure how often that happens but hoping the 1 means first album

I donā€™t really follow the clues that closely on a monthly basis but Iā€™m hoping that maybe the number clues mean different things for the different tracks. Not sure how often that happens but hoping the 1 means first album

It's possible that could be the case, but typically when Storf gives out clues for multiple tracks, they tend to be the same type of clue. So when he gave RHH the number "1" he gave Classics "7." We've since determined the "7" is the number of members in the band at the time of the album's release, therefore that would mean RHH is a solo artist.

Thatā€™s out and out hate speech, and should be boycotted.

It's possible that could be the case, but typically when Storf gives out clues for multiple tracks, they tend to be the same type of clue. So when he gave RHH the number "1" he gave Classics "7." We've since determined the "7" is the number of members in the band at the time of the album's release, therefore that would mean RHH is a solo artist.
Someone pointed out on reddit that the 7 clue doesn't really fit with members in the band. It fits how many are pictured, but 8 members were in the band then, weren't they? At least according to the back of the jacket.

Larry Dodson - Vocals
Charles Allen - Trumpet
Harvey Henderson - Tenor
Winston Stewart - Keys/Synth
Lloyd Smith - Guitar
James Alexander - Bass
Michael Beard - Drums
Ralph MacDonald - Percussion

So maybe it has more to do with people pictured on the jacket?

Or maybe they are just not counting MacDonald since I don't see much mention of him with regard to the band, but he seems to have a full band credit on the sleeve.

Back