Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

It's a step down from the top line plants but I have a lot of records pressed there that don't sound bad at all.
I agree, IF they don't have massive warps, or no fill, or that weird sparkly shit that causes crackle; they usually sound quite good. BUT, I find in general they have one of those issues about 40% of the time. Once you get a clean one they generally sound quite nice... it's the amount of copies you have to go through to get one that's the issue.

The only VMP release I've ever had to send back was my copy of The Soul of a Bell which was warped so badly. The rest have been super flat with no defects at all (except a couple ripped edges on a few, but that's another story). And I know people complain and complain a quality control of this company and their pressings. It's hit or miss any time you buy vinyl, especially online where it has to get shipped to you instead of buying it in store.

The only VMP release I've ever had to send back was my copy of The Soul of a Bell which was warped so badly. The rest have been super flat with no defects at all (except a couple ripped edges on a few, but that's another story). And I know people complain and complain a quality control of this company and their pressings. It's hit or miss any time you buy vinyl, especially online where it has to get shipped to you instead of buying it in store.
Well my friend, then you have been very lucky and I applaud your luck.

Well my friend, then you have been very lucky and I applaud your luck.

Apparently so. I read the boards here and on the old forum and on reddit and I'm afraid every month I'm about to get some of these crappy pressings or warped records but so far so good for the most part, and I have about 25-30 records from VMP so far.

The best sounding VMP releases I've gotten besides the AAA ones were pressed at GZ. Left My Blues in San Fransisco and Knock on Wood especially really are as good as you can want these things to sound for being hi-res.
I agree that the classics are almost always a cut above every other track, the lower pressing numbers likely help with that.

I decided i can live without run DMc for now and removed another track.
I'm actually really looking forward to getting raising hell it looks really nice & I've needed some Run Dmc in my collection for too long now but conversely I cant help but feel it's another weak pick for the R&HH sub, I know it seems hypocritical what I'm saying but those are my mixed feelings on it 🤔

I'm actually really looking forward to getting raising hell it looks really nice & I've needed some Run Dmc in my collection for too long now but conversely I cant help but feel it's another weak pick for the R&HH sub, I know it seems hypocritical what I'm saying but those are my mixed feelings on it 🤔
To me it seems more like a good pick for a historical document than an album I actually want to play all the way through. Most rap pre-87/88 feels dated to me, especially full album length.

To me it seems more like a good pick for a historical document than an album I actually want to play all the way through. Most rap pre-87/88 feels dated to me, especially full album length.
Yeah It's a very tick the box sort of choice I'd expect for a filler month throughout the year not December to finish off a year. It's been a long time since I've been wowed by a R&HH pick, I've liked and loved some picks but the last time I was properly psyched was maybe HBMS or Juvenile 🤔

That Saba exclusive was available from his site for a few months after the VMP one sold. Which is wild, cause the Saba ROTM is, I think, the most expensive ROTM in terms of resale. Mint one just sold for $200 a couple days ago...
Noname used to have some vinyl of Telefone on her website a few months ago too, but it looks like she took down her merch store.

Guess it really is time to get rid of mine, huh?

Back