Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I mean if you are purely talking about VMP, then yes this place can be negative. There’s probably a reason for that.
I understand there is some history but if it rubs everyone so wrong, there are other places to spend $/time. The Reddit has become unbearable as it's filled with people who I just keep wondering, "do you just need to find another hobby" since it and VMP seems to make them so miserable. There's enough negativity out there, why look for more to be pissed about.

I understand there is some history but if it rubs everyone so wrong, there are other places to spend $/time. The Reddit has become unbearable as it's filled with people who I just keep wondering, "do you just need to find another hobby" since it and VMP seems to make them so miserable. There's enough negativity out there, why look for more to be pissed about.
I’m just saying this might not be the feel happy place for VMP, there is plenty of positive in these forums.

I think this place has become pretty objective toward them over the past couple years. I see nothing wrong with calling them out or being skeptical of a lot of the things they do while also still recognizing that when they get things right, they provide a pretty great product.

I think this place has become pretty objective toward them over the past couple years. I see nothing wrong with calling them out or being skeptical of a lot of the things they do while also still recognizing that when they get things right, they provide a pretty great product.

One of my favourite things in the VMP talk here IS recognition and even praise when VMP does knock something out of the park! They definitely do great stuff from time to time, but also dona ton of stuff that warrants taking a bit of a piss too!

I think N&G have evolved beyond a VMP message board so I don’t fault folks that came here primarily to discuss VMP to have found greener pastures. While the N&G VMP boards are fairly active, they are a far cry from what you’ll find in other places.

For most of the regulars on here, N&G is a community for record collectors and music
enthusiasts where VMP is just a small part of the overall conversation. There are days that can go by where VMP isn’t even discussed at all. I think that it’s a more rewarding experience to have a community as the central focus rather than a company.

If all you wanna do is talk about VMP then you’re gonna be happier on Discord and that is completely fine. If you wanna talk about just about anything else with people who are also vinyl collectors/music fanatics then N&G’s is gonna be a more more enjoyable place to visit.

Last edited:
I think N&G have evolved beyond a VMP message board so I don’t fault folks that came here primarily to discuss VMP to have found greener pastures. While the N&G VMP boards are fairly active, they are a far cry from what you’ll find in other places.

For most of the regulars on here, N&G is a community for record collectors and music
enthusiasts where VMP is just a small part of the overall conversation. There are days that can go by where VMP isn’t even discussed at all. I think that it’s a more rewarding experience to have a community as the central focus rather than a company.

If all you wanna do is talk about VMP then you’re gonna be happier on Discord and that is completely fine. If you wanna talk about just about anything else with people who are also vinyl collectors/music fanatics then N&G’s is gonna be a more more enjoyable place to visit.

Amen

Full disclosure: I’m a mod on the discord.

That being said, I like being here and the discussions that come about VMP and nonVMP releases. There are great perspectives being shared and really helpful people. Plus, I wouldn’t have a pocket full of Bandbux without N&G.

I like the VMP discord because there is a little more dialog due to it being discord and not a message board, there is access and information that is shared, and I do feel like the employees there listen to criticism (I went in pretty hard when they raised prices overnight and without warning).

Overall, I think there’s room for both places and anyone who wants to be a part of either. As a great philosopher of our generation once said…
IMG_3095.gif

I mean if you are purely talking about VMP, then yes this place can be negative. There’s probably a reason for that.

I’m just saying this might not be the feel happy place for VMP, there is plenty of positive in these forums.

I love the people on here. That is all.

Back