Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Someone probably asked this before but i renewed for a year membership and received my 8 “free” albums. Now that I am looking at these next three months and how I haven’t really been enjoying the selections I might bounce. Can I still do that and get my remaining balance back (remaining months)? Or is that not allowed after you got your free albums
Glad to see you back and I hope you stick around because I discovered a bunch of good music through you! I don’t know the answer, sorry.

Someone probably asked this before but i renewed for a year membership and received my 8 “free” albums. Now that I am looking at these next three months and how I haven’t really been enjoying the selections I might bounce. Can I still do that and get my remaining balance back (remaining months)? Or is that not allowed after you got your free albums
I don't know VMP's exact terms, but if I had to take a guess you probably cannot. The 8 free albums were predicated on them getting that full 12-month payment out of you. I'd just reach out to them and try. Maybe don't mention that you got the deal and just want a partial refund (do they normally do those under normal circumstances?) - make it their responsibility to figure that out. They may tell you just to swap for credit for any months that do not interest you.

I don't know VMP's exact terms, but if I had to take a guess you probably cannot. The 8 free albums were predicated on them getting that full 12-month payment out of you. I'd just reach out to them and try. Maybe don't mention that you got the deal and just want a partial refund (do they normally do those under normal circumstances?) - make it their responsibility to figure that out. They may tell you just to swap for credit for any months that do not interest you.
I would imagine the answer would be no. Otherwise, why would anyone sub to anything less than a year. Even without the bonus record you would get a per unit discount so could just sign up for annual to get lower price and then just cancel after a month.

I think they normally do give you the difference if you quit before your membership ends but I’ve never done it before. Just thinking about options

Don't have an answer, but do have a question! When did you renew and how did it go? Mine is scheduled at the end of this month, and there's no 'Choose Bonus Records' button on the site. Despite the red text in the email "You must choose your bonus records by 11:59 PM MT on 8/31 to receive this offer", CS claims that they've "been having some issues with bonus records lately" (*classic* VMP) and that I'd instead get a code after I renewed. Was this your experience?

I know there was initially a coupon/code, and then people were being asked to choose their records immediately after they joined or renewed, and now I guess we're back to a code (maybe).

Don't have an answer, but do have a question! When did you renew and how did it go? Mine is scheduled at the end of this month, and there's no 'Choose Bonus Records' button on the site. Despite the red text in the email "You must choose your bonus records by 11:59 PM MT on 8/31 to receive this offer", CS claims that they've "been having some issues with bonus records lately" (*classic* VMP) and that I'd instead get a code after I renewed. Was this your experience?

I know there was initially a coupon/code, and then people were being asked to choose their records immediately after they joined or renewed, and now I guess we're back to a code (maybe).

A, if you want it taken care of riiiight now, your best bet is to reach out to Paulie via discord

B, you might want to do the code instead, as (at least it was like this with the first code) the codes were for the money equivalents of the number of records. So you could get 5 or 6 records and wind up paying the difference which would be a few dollars per record etc etc

I think they normally do give you the difference if you quit before your membership ends but I’ve never done it before. Just thinking about options

I suppose it depends how, when and why you quit. I, for example, asked if I could quit to subscribe again before the end of the year so I could take profit of the freebies campaign. I renew on January and they told me it shouldn't be an issue.

On the other hand, imagine you subscribe for a year, have 8 free records and cancel the next month? There I'd say they won't let you quit and refund the money. At the end of the day when you subscribe for year you make a deal with them and this deal lasts for a year. So both parties must agree to put an end to this deal. So if they do not agree, you'll have to be patient.

I received an email with a code but this was back in May. I believe there was also a code on my membership page. I just remember I had two different codes and I had to reach out to ask which one I should use. That said I did have until the end of this year to select my albums.

I received an email with a code but this was back in May. I believe there was also a code on my membership page. I just remember I had two different codes and I had to reach out to ask which one I should use. That said I did have until the end of this year to select my albums.
They had changed it to a button that you had to use at sign up or before your renewal.

A, if you want it taken care of riiiight now, your best bet is to reach out to Paulie via discord

B, you might want to do the code instead, as (at least it was like this with the first code) the codes were for the money equivalents of the number of records. So you could get 5 or 6 records and wind up paying the difference which would be a few dollars per record etc etc

Thanks, I don't Discord or Reddit, and I really hate that the company has acted for multiple years now as if having to privately reach the CS Manager is the normal course of business.

They had changed it to a button that you had to use at sign up or before your renewal.

The button just appeared when I opened the Membership page in Opera instead of Chrome. Wholly unsurprised VMP went with a site with coding that doesn't work across all browsers (or, more likely, works on all other band/label Shopify pages yet somehow not theirs), but at least I figured out the problem.

The button just appeared when I opened the Membership page in Opera instead of Chrome. Wholly unsurprised VMP went with a site with coding that doesn't work across all browsers (or, more likely, works on all other band/label Shopify pages yet somehow not theirs), but at least I figured out the problem.
Knowing VMP, you will now also get a code after renewal. Lol

im feeling really uncomfortable about the stuff on the discord being leaked... a lot of work on that discord was done to figure out that information and they were very blunt about it not being passed around... specifically for people stealing the hard work being done on the discord and claiming it as their own.

im kinda scared about being one of the baddies here, there isn't any hate on N+G in the discord and i still want to talk to you guys and have fun, but there is a lot of this kind of stuff that makes me feel honestly nervous about it all
???!!!

I’m a fan of these N+G threads - I enjoy the “take a reality shot” attitude to VMP, the good and the bad.

The only world where this comment makes sense is one where there actually is a Guess Me competition next quarter and, somehow, somebody’s work is compromised. But there isn’t.

The Guess Me game was contained in Discord - VMP’s choice and there are a lot of engaged folk who enjoyed the private game. But what about engaged VMP folk who don’t enjoy the “noise” and randomness of Discord (clue is in the name).

Once guesses are made, confirmed or unconfirmed, VMP are 100% aware that they will be discussed elsewhere.

So this comment has exorcised me. Discord elitism is another element of the VMP experience worth skewering every now and then too.

???!!!

I’m a fan of these N+G threads - I enjoy the “take a reality shot” attitude to VMP, the good and the bad.

The only world where this comment makes sense is one where there actually is a Guess Me competition next quarter and, somehow, somebody’s work is compromised. But there isn’t.

The Guess Me game was contained in Discord - VMP’s choice and there are a lot of engaged folk who enjoyed the private game. But what about engaged VMP folk who don’t enjoy the “noise” and randomness of Discord (clue is in the name).

Once guesses are made, confirmed or unconfirmed, VMP are 100% aware that they will be discussed elsewhere.

So this comment has exorcised me. Discord elitism is another element of the VMP experience worth skewering every now and then too.
wow.. i didn't know i hurt your feelings that much

in retrospect i was more irritable because i know the original creator of the spreadsheet that contained these answers didn't want it leaked to the public.. saying that if this information was leaked they delete the whole thing and start it again from scratch.. it seems as of recently they rescinded that statement and have decided to open the spreadsheet with something more welcoming towards new people.. i was more stressed about losing all that work that was done more than anything. so yeah... do what ya want, sorry i pissed you off so badly originally.. i'll take that L

in retrospect i was more irritable because i know the original creator of the spreadsheet that contained these answers didn't want it leaked to the public.. saying that if this information was leaked they delete the whole thing and start it again from scratch.. it seems as of recently they rescinded that statement and have decided to open the spreadsheet with something more welcoming towards new people.. i was more stressed about losing all that work that was done more than anything. so yeah... do what ya want, sorry i pissed you off so badly originally.. i'll take that L

In fairness to Duke (and the VMP staff on the discord), VMP has not made (AFAIK) any official statement regarding the sharing of hints or anything of the sort. Two of the staff (storf and paul) were asked directly and IIRC their answers were closer to "we don't want to see the work of you (the discord members) taken advantage of and have you guys feel bad or used". I'm paraphrasing, but anyone that really gives a shit can go looking for the discussion.

Specifically, I think it's because the hashing out the possibilities turns into a sort of collaborative game and meandering discussion on the discord over the space of days or weeks. Understandably, the folks who have done a lot of the work on it feel invested in it, and seeing it screenshotted and posted on reddit or here or elsewhere might leave them with a sour taste.

I'm more active in the Discord than here now. I like a dose of reality every once in a while but this place can sometimes come off as knee-jerk negative at times. The Discord is more positive but I'll admit it can get a little fan-boy at times. It's a positive-leaning community and often times when issues arise Storf will jump in and explain where he's coming from. For instance, when Madlib was announced the reaction here was very negative while some of that was expressed on the Discord at first, it is was explained on the Discord that VMP had it first before the BN Classic was known. Whatever, it's all better than the shit on Reddit.

Back