Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I have the 2017 release, so I don't think I'll be upgrading just yet, but if anyone doesn't want their art print I'd love to throw you a few bucks for it.

Has any more been said about the liner notes or the photo booklet aside from the line at the end of the magazine article: "The package includes an original liner notes + photo booklet"?

Remember the cringeworthy "conversations" they used to have about why they chose a particular album? When did those end, and why do I kind of miss them?

Welp, after almost 5 years

View attachment 81752
The price is too damn high.
Me as well, after 3 years. This 3 month announcement makes it easier. I thought I should lock in the discount, but I really don't need to be adding any of these to my collection. And on principle, I think their price increase this year was lame as fuck.

The experience has definitely declined from what I thought was A+ in the beginning. It was fun while it lasted. Now to sell some of my old VMPs I don't listen to!

Me as well, after 3 years. This 3 month announcement makes it easier. I thought I should lock in the discount, but I really don't need to be adding any of these to my collection. And on principle, I think their price increase this year was lame as fuck.

The experience has definitely declined from what I thought was A+ in the beginning. It was fun while it lasted. Now to sell some of my old VMPs I don't listen to!
Yeah, I noted in my cancellation that I thought raising prices during the pandemic was pretty shitty, and that I would consider coming back if prices ever got back down to something reasonable

Yeah, I noted in my cancellation that I thought raising prices during the pandemic was pretty shitty, and that I would consider coming back if prices ever got back down to something reasonable
I renewed on the bridge a month ago and got the Billie Holliday, and it's fantastic. I know I can probably find some things to purchase, but damn these 3 upcoming months are pretty meh. I don't have the Prine, and I know I should love him, but just haven't yet. I was thinking of just asking for a refund for the rest of my sub. Guess I can just swap for credit for now, hopefully some exclusives that aren't $45 will show up.

I renewed on the bridge a month ago and got the Billie Holliday, and it's fantastic. I know I can probably find some things to purchase, but damn these 3 upcoming months are pretty meh. I don't have the Prine, and I know I should love him, but just haven't yet. I was thinking of just asking for a refund for the rest of my sub. Guess I can just swap for credit for now, hopefully some exclusives that aren't $45 will show up.
Billie was my last album on the three month bridge gap and agree that it’s great...I might have been a bit tempted if any of the upcoming AOTM’s were clear home runs but IMO they went 0 for 6 (not counting hip hop as I seldom buy that track) at the $43 monthly price.

Billie was my last album on the three month bridge gap and agree that it’s great...I might have been a bit tempted if any of the upcoming AOTM’s were clear home runs but IMO they went 0 for 6 (not counting hip hop as I seldom buy that track) at the $43 monthly price.
Yeah, that price is ridiculous. The only reason I'll probably stay is getting the $25 price for now. But I'll be out after that at $43.

I listened to my room on fire last night and it's no great shakes. Any info on what VMP have done with this? The improvement on the Plain Spiritualized that they pulled off was pretty epic so interested to know if they're going with more of the same.
"Our exclusive pressing of Room on Fire is on 180g “Meet Me in the Bathroom Tile”-color vinyl, pressed from lacquers cut by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound and plated at QRP. The package features a tip-on jacket with gold foil stamping on the yellow/gold of the jacket cover with a printed inner sleeve and an exclusive art print by Cynthia Alfonso."

With Ryan Smith cutting it, this will likely be a substantial improvement in sound from other pressings.

"Our exclusive pressing of Room on Fire is on 180g “Meet Me in the Bathroom Tile”-color vinyl, pressed from lacquers cut by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound and plated at QRP. The package features a tip-on jacket with gold foil stamping on the yellow/gold of the jacket cover with a printed inner sleeve and an exclusive art print by Cynthia Alfonso."

With Ryan Smith cutting it, this will likely be a substantial improvement in sound from other pressings.

This one from last year whilst not specifically mentioning Ryan Smith was mastered at Sterling Sound, I have it, and it’s fantastic. For an album that would have originally been recorded, mixed and mastered digitally during the loudness wars I can’t imagine there being much of an improvement over it.

Plenty of them still on cogs at normal enough prices.

This one from last year whilst not specifically mentioning Ryan Smith was mastered at Sterling Sound, I have it, and it’s fantastic. For an album that would have originally been recorded, mixed and mastered digitally during the loudness wars I can’t imagine there being much of an improvement over it.

I can second this on the sound..it’s pretty darn good

but but there’s no gold foil stamp on it though 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

I think mine is the one that is kicking about 2 for £25 bundles at indies. The fantastic Hot Rats Records in Sunderland let me have it for about a tenner a couple of years back and it's fine but nothing stellar. Happy to give the funky tron-esq coloured VMP a go. Do you want me to send you the cocktail recipe?

For Americans, the cheapest comes out to about $40 USD, so VMP will be cheaper.

I think mine is the one that is kicking about 2 for £25 bundles at indies. The fantastic Hot Rats Records in Sunderland let me have it for about a tenner a couple of years back and it's fine but nothing stellar. Happy to give the funky tron-esq coloured VMP a go. Do you want me to send you the cocktail recipe?

If it’s authentic you’re good, I wouldn’t have been able to keep up with the “cocktails” the strokes were on in 2003 when I was 20, no chance now at 37 😂

The original says that on the jacket, so it is likely a carryover on all releases. It is unusual for an album to be cut at Sterling without a Sterling stamp, so I'm guessing even the original only had digital mastering done there and was cut by someone else.

Doesn't mean your MOV copy doesn't sound great though!

Isn’t VMP $43 a month now unless you go multiple months? Picking the best of the of rest of the albums by a band with a sole classic and charging that much is really pretty underwhelming.
It is, but I don't know how many people are just doing month to month. I don't disagree that the price of a 1-3 month sub is too much, but the entire industry is moving that way.

Take the Prine, as an American without a local (nearest that sells new is an hour, most of the good stores are 2 hours or more), my option is one listing on eBay that lacks detail or dropping 60 bucks on Discogs. Its like that with everything that is remotely limited, buy it when it first comes out or pay out the nose.

Demand well outstrips supply, so VMP works for me. And my interests are broad enough that I can find 1-2 ROTMs that I'd want.

Back