Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Have a query related to the above, as I'd love Cudi. If my sub says:
"Your next payment of $279 (+tax) will occur on 03/31/21"

Does that mean it runs out on Cudi or I'll get Cudi before it runs out?

Hoping they haven't done me dirty by placing the one I care about the most afterwards, as wasn't planning on going again after this "same price deal" was over lol.

Cudi would be your final month, no? April will be your renewed sub?

Cudi would be your final month, no? April will be your renewed sub?
That's what I'm hoping for. Thought it worth checking as couldn't recall if it was that I'd need to make the payment on the 31st for them to be shipped, or whether you pay ahead for the upcoming month. Add-ons and how you add one and get charged before it ships have me twisted, and been long enough since I started to where I can't recall which way round it is haha.

“Our reissue of John Prine as was pressed all-analog (AAA) with lacquers cut from the original analog tapes by Ryan Smith, Sterling Sound”

Anyone have the deers for the 2020 issue to compare.
its PLATED at QRP but pressed at Gz.. the new standard for VMP

the 2020 press is kevin grey flat from the master tape and pressed at record industry

I guess this wasn't done in coordination with Rhino, so they are under no obligation to give their plates.

Ok so Rhino is Warner, Atlantic is Warner, VMP worked with Warner or at least paid them to do a pressing... Why would Warner want/make them to re-cut the lacquer as well?

edit: Wait your saying they are using old plates? I guess i understand that now.

Ok so Rhino is Warner, Atlantic is Warner, VMP worked with Warner or at least paid them to do a pressing... Why would Warner want/make them to re-cut the lacquer as well?
Yeah, good point. No idea! Might be as simple as them running out of plates, which would be surprising considering how those releases seemed more limited than normal. Or, maybe VMP just wants to be able to call it a new cut.

This thread has got really confusing.

As far as I know the 2017 & 2020 Rhino releases used the same KG mastering, the 2017 pressed at RTI & the 2020 RI

The VMP appears to be a brand new mastering by Ryan Smith, plated at QRP & pressed at GZ.

is that correct?

I have the 2020 KG Rhino release, but I'm tempted to get the VMP version to see what Ryan sterling does with it. If the pressing is poor I'm sure VMP will replace it

This thread has got really confusing.

As far as I know the 2017 & 2020 Rhino releases used the same KG mastering, the 2017 pressed at RTI & the 2020 RI

The VMP appears to be a brand new mastering by Ryan Smith, plated at QRP & pressed at GZ.

is that correct?

I have the 2020 KG Rhino release, but I'm tempted to get the VMP version to see what Ryan sterling does with it. If the pressing is poor I'm sure VMP will replace it
Yeah you got it right. Sorry for any confusion I added.

Yeah you got it right. Sorry for any confusion I added.

No need to apologise. After a few glasses of wine I can find it difficult to match the responses to the original posts :)

It's easy to lose track of who is replying to what without summarising the whole thing

edit - Kevin Gray & Ryan Sterling are the best from what I've heard. It's a shame they didn't press them at QRP, that would be a really interesting shoot out

Last edited:
Back