Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I believe I heard a few small pops on my Side B as well. Nothing deal-breaking, but some minor pressing noise for sure.
I wish it were a small pop. Unfortunately it is quite loud and reoccurring. cleaning didn’t cure it either. Ah well, at least I know there are decent copies out there, I just need VMP to send one my way.

I believe I heard a few small pops on my Side B as well. Nothing deal-breaking, but some minor pressing noise for sure.
I had the minor pops on the other sides but side D quality sounded like the old timey record player from classic movies. I kept thinking about what my cutoff would be in terms of tolerance while listening to the album (vinyl isn’t perfect) but multiple times in one track seems to be it. An audiophile product guideline would be what intervention records does - their flying burrito brothers releases are amazingly well done.

Motherfuck! Side B of my Spiritualized is popping (and not in a good way).

That's actually the same part I made a video of a few days back to show off how GOOD it can actually sound in parts... (Just with my crappy phone camera) So get a replacement because for all the issues my copy sounds really good... for at least that section...

That's actually the same part I made a video of a few days back to show off how GOOD it can actually sound in parts... So get a replacement because for all the issues my copy sounds really good... For at least that section...

Good. There’s hope! I still need to give disc 2 a spin. Hopefully it’s fine that way I have 2 to choose from if needed.

All of this talk about noisy copies of Spiritualized is making me reconsider picking it up next month if it’s still available. $33 for a noisy, poppy pressing of an album I was already kinda on the fence with? No thanks.

This price hike may actually cause me to spend less $$$ in the long run since I’m way less willing to take a chance on something at these premium prices.

All of this talk about noisy copies of Spiritualized is making me reconsider picking it up next month if it’s still available. $33 for a noisy, poppy pressing of an album I was already kinda on the fence with? No thanks.

This price hike may actually cause me to spend less $$$ in the long run since I’m way less willing to take a chance on something at these premium prices.
Yeah, that is completely understandable. The parts that didn’t have the defect sounded great. It’s also one of my favorite albums so it’s worth dealing with VMP CS to get a good copy but I could certainly understand it not being worth it if Spiritualized isn’t your bag.

That sounds like a big ol' scratch. Or the usual GZ booolsheeet.

It's not visible. Maaaaybeee it will lessen over time with multiple play-throughs. Either way, this pressing is head and shoulders over the other pressings I have. That minor popping was the only thing I noticed. I haven't cleaned mine yet, either.

I had the minor pops on the other sides but side D quality sounded like the old timey record player from classic movies. I kept thinking about what my cutoff would be in terms of tolerance while listening to the album (vinyl isn’t perfect) but multiple times in one track seems to be it. An audiophile product guideline would be what intervention records does - their flying burrito brothers releases are amazingly well done.

Yeah, that sounds like it calls for a replacement.

It's not visible. Maaaaybeee it will lessen over time with multiple play-throughs. Either way, this pressing is head and shoulders over the other pressings I have. That minor popping was the only thing I noticed. I haven't cleaned mine yet, either.
Sorry I was referring to @TenderLovingKiller® copy that they posted the audio for.

Yeah, that sounds like it calls for a replacement.
I do receive a higher amount of vinyl from VMP vs any other label on a regular basis. So maybe it balances out in the long run, but if replacements weren’t available (they weren’t with my super warped RUN DMC LP from them), I’d probably just dip for good.

I avoid numero vinyl because they had insane QC issues. Just sort of ruins the desire to own physical copies.

I do receive a higher amount of vinyl from VMP vs any other label on a regular basis. So maybe it balances out in the long run, but if replacements weren’t available (they weren’t with my super warped RUN DMC LP from them), I’d probably just dip for good.

I avoid numero vinyl because they had insane QC issues. Just sort of ruins the desire to own physical copies.

Username checks out.

Got Spiritualized today. The packaging is pretty great. My copy sounds very clean (so far) but the criticisms of it not being good could be better are fair. I think that has more to do with how the album was recorded though. This is probably as good as you're going to make this album sound.

I got through Side A of Spiritualized and hear the same distortion that others have mentioned on the final track "I Think I'm in Love."

Had just started on Side B when baby started crying.

Are folks thinking the distortion is a pressing issue that is likely on all copies, or should I ask CS to provide a replacement? Of course I'll finish listening before writing them in case Side D has pops too.

I guess what I'm saying is based on some comments, is this album just that hard to get perfect on vinyl?

Back