Vinyl Me Please Essentials

The Dylan one step is definitely my one Vinyl irrational splurge. Having an album you love above most others is one thing... Having an album you're terrified to take out of the packaging because its so expensive is another.

Probably my one and only One Step unless they do Court and Spark

I wish I had jumped on that before it sold out everywhere. Still contemplating getting it on the 2nd hand market before the prices go out of control. Mingus Ah Um is my only One-Step.

The Dylan one step is definitely my one Vinyl irrational splurge. Having an album you love above most others is one thing... Having an album you're terrified to take out of the packaging because its so expensive is another.

Same here.

Nice arrival. Quick too only arrived at customs in London yesterday !!
View attachment 66563

Now i didn’t look closely at package details when released so i thought I was missing the Art print.
Then i realised the art print is a white piece of card which is only recognisable as an art print because it says “Art” printed on it 😂

A mental health plan would be ideal for me but you know what? I’m going to plan a personalised soul-cleansing detox for myself this Sunday.

On Sunday, I’m going to wake up at 7am, and go for a 1 and 30 hour jog with no music in my ear. Just me and my thoughts, and me being uncomfortable. Then I’m going to watch some Sadhgaru (I will plan which videos i need to watch) and will then listen to some records I truly treasure. I’ll only be eating healthy food. Not sure what else I’m going to do on the detox day but it will end with me listening to Peter Brotzmann’s song ‘Machine Gun‘! And from Sunday, I will have a good indication of how to cope with my spending habits from watching different videos, from listening to music, running and just facing my problem!

I’ll delete Amazon too, and will only have VMP as a place I can shop at. I’m going to do 4 full weeks being sober from Amazon! I will set a date (16th October) where I can go back, just for one day to buy the John Coltrane Verve Acoustic Sounds reissues. Then, I’ll have another 4 weeks off and will do the same for the Nina Simone Verve Acoustic Sounds reissues!

Ive got this! From tomorrow, I’m going to sit down and write down how I’m going detox, and save my money! I’m going to sell more records too, and hopefully this leads to me becoming more mature and hence, moving out of home! 😊

I want to do this on my own terms and with my own mental strength because I know I can do it if I really put my mind to it. I’m strong! I’ve got a spending addiction, I know I do, but I want to creatively try and deal with it myself! 💪

Thank you for the advice though and for being caring! Same goes to you @Lord Diaper Baby! Appreciate how caring you are of me! 😘😘
Don’t run past record shops

If they got the rights to The Beatles again that’d be 13 one steps that would bankrupt me 😂

I have the Dylan and Marvin Gaye One-Steps. I think the Dylan is a hair better on sound, but the Gaye is still really impressive.

In essence they’re not the same conversation though because all this is dependent on what one can afford. What we know for certain is that @NathanRicaud can’t as he’s had to plunder his pension pot and be living at home rent free to sustain it. That’s scary behaviour.

And he didn’t even blow it on booze , drugs or sex ...shameful

If they got the rights to The Beatles again that’d be 13 one steps that would bankrupt me 😂
I've let most of my monos go so I think I'd be safe. I'd be swaying if they did Revolver, White Album or Abbey Road... Basically those and Court and Spark... And Pet Sounds... And Lola Powerman and the Moneygoround...

I've let most of my monos go so I think I'd be safe. I'd be swaying if they did Revolver, White Album or Abbey Road... Basically those and Court and Spark... And Pet Sounds... And Lola Powerman and the Moneygoround...

And Ziggy

If they decide to ever start releasing albums that Dad’s (actually probably more like Grandad’s) don’t want I’d blow some serious money on a Radiohead ones too...

Last edited:
Nice arrival. Quick too only arrived at customs in London yesterday !!
View attachment 66563
One thing about VMP that consistently impresses me is when things DO ship is how fast they get to me. I'm in Canada and they ship to me DHL and once they start moving it's about 3 days tops to arrive at my door. Contrast with a copy of RTJ3 I ordered from the States that apparently shipped DHL 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

I also had to kickstart shipping of Classified as it didn't ship with my ROTM and it looks like it'll get here in record time.

Yeah, I don't get the whole music for running thing. At least running outdoors Makes it more difficult to maintain a steady tempo, more difficult to hear traffic and be aware of surroundings, harder to maintain steady breathing. All of which are kinda necessary.... Horses for courses I suppose as some would (and could) argue the exact opposite.

If its a long, slow and steady one I may put a podcast or audiobook on. But even that is rare

I run with bone conduction headphones so I can still hear my surroundings when I'm on paved trails in the city. I find playlists with a specific BPM (125-140 for medium tempo runs, 150-160 for speed work) help me to get my cadence right.
But, when I'm on long runs in the woods, no headphones so I can listen for wildlife. No one wants to surprise a bear.

One thing about VMP that consistently impresses me is when things DO ship is how fast they get to me. I'm in Canada and they ship to me DHL and once they start moving it's about 3 days tops to arrive at my door. Contrast with a copy of RTJ3 I ordered from the States that apparently shipped DHL 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

I also had to kickstart shipping of Classified as it didn't ship with my ROTM and it looks like it'll get here in record time.
Usually the same here (about 90 min from Pearson). Once it hits Mississauga it is usually on my doorstep in about 24hrs. But often it seems to dick around in the DHL system for 5-10 days while south of the border

Just finished the first record of Spiritualized and no issues with noise, thank goodness.

But I have not paid attention to the cocktails in years, when did they stop commissioning recipes? They used to be from different bars in Denver (or wherever) before. Did they stop when they stopped The Spins? The Aviation recipe is just a standard. Not that I care because I only made one of the cocktails since 2016.

I’ve been selling a ton of stuff from my collection. Hell, I made near $400 in one day on one Reddit listing a few weeks back, full of stuff I bought at flea markets/cheap bins and hadn’t been played in years but were in great condition. Helped finance a Blood on the Tracks One Step and some other audiophile releases that I’ve come to enjoy more than the stuff I used to listen to years ago. I’ve come to accept that I don’t need every single album on vinyl, and I’d rather invest in ones that will maintain their value and quality when handled with care. It feels good!
I recently did the same thing and sold off dozens of records. It was such a fantastic feeling having the money and space. My aim is to be able to blind pick any record from my shelf and be excited to play it. If I pick it out and feel disappointed, the chances are its not worth hanging on to.

Usually the same here (about 90 min from Pearson). Once it hits Mississauga it is usually on my doorstep in about 24hrs. But often it seems to dick around in the DHL system for 5-10 days while south of the border
Yeah, I think the longest it's been stuck in limbo is about 2-3 days, but then once it hits the DHL facility in IL it seems to almost instantly be in Mississauga, then KW the next day.

Back