Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I’m too scared to go to rehab though because I don’t want to look like I have an addiction. I only think of addiction being a thing of drugs or gambling. I’m going to use one of my best friends as guidance as he’s currently beating a marijuana drug addiction he had. I’m going to try and do this without the rehab! I’m currently selling some vinyl and will really be cutting down on vinyl spending. My friends and I spoke about this too recently and it was a bit of a wake up call! I am going to try and be responsible now! And plan my spending, that way I can keep track of it all too! 😇

Yo Nathan
I never give life advice on a forum (i don't think I have anyhow - who knows what i've typed on a whim)
But I just have this thought - All that money you spent on Vinyl and your saving up to travel...
Why don't you check whats still unplayed and pop it on Discogs - Id rather see the world than have vinyl I don't play, sat on a shelf (you surely have some VMP vinyl you dont dig).

Shit I just broke my rule !

Whoa, you'll need to educate me on the difference between a phonostage and a phono preamp. I've been using the same DJ turntable for the last 15 years 😂 Thankfully for me, I never went down that rabbit hole of audiophile components. I completely shut that down when I first started when I saw the $$$ involved.
I hope my reply came off in jest. I do not have a $5K+ phono anything

Yo Nathan
I never give life advice on a forum (i don't think I have anyhow - who knows what i've typed on a whim)
But I just have this thought - All that money you spent on Vinyl and your saving up to travel...
Why don't you check whats still unplayed and pop it on Discogs - Id rather see the world than have vinyl I don't play, sat on a shelf (you surely have some VMP vinyl you dont dig).

Shit I just broke my rule !

For Example - And this was just to fund another vinyl purchase :unsure:
I sold on discogs Ready to Die and De la soul - Neither of which I liked or would spin - Completely covered my Blood on the tracks Mofi one step.

mmmm not sure that was a good example for you....

For Example - And this was just to fund another vinyl purchase :unsure:
I sold on discogs Ready to Die and De la soul - Neither of which I liked or would spin - Completely covered my Blood on the tracks Mofi one step.

mmmm not sure that was a good example for you....

Ive just sold 3 VMP classics that I hated for €100 on cogs to put towards buying some MoFi and AP copies of albums I do like! You’re right it’s not all about endless consumption.

Can’t. It’s infinite.

WelldocumentedWhiteCapybara-size_restricted.gif

I had a look but classics has always been a track that had a lot of FOMO.
Appears people are beginning to question the curation, I just never saw much of it with great enthusiasm.

I completely agree. The most overrated set of records. I love most of the soul I got from it and a few of the blues. But i got caught up in the FOMO and had every one other than hooker up to January. I’ve actually bought that one recently because it’s good.

It’s really ridiculous when you consider I don’t actually like jazz all that much. That said most have kept or raised their value so I’ll at least get a nice sum to buy better records.

I’ve been selling a ton of stuff from my collection. Hell, I made near $400 in one day on one Reddit listing a few weeks back, full of stuff I bought at flea markets/cheap bins and hadn’t been played in years but were in great condition. Helped finance a Blood on the Tracks One Step and some other audiophile releases that I’ve come to enjoy more than the stuff I used to listen to years ago. I’ve come to accept that I don’t need every single album on vinyl, and I’d rather invest in ones that will maintain their value and quality when handled with care. It feels good!

I’ve been selling a ton of stuff from my collection. Hell, I made near $400 in one day on one Reddit listing a few weeks back, full of stuff I bought at flea markets/cheap bins and hadn’t been played in years but were in great condition. Helped finance a Blood on the Tracks One Step and some other audiophile releases that I’ve come to enjoy more than the stuff I used to listen to years ago. I’ve come to accept that I don’t need every single album on vinyl, and I’d rather invest in ones that will maintain their value and quality when handled with care. It feels good!
You are making waaaay too much sense. So rational it's irrational!

Ya know, every time I see your avatar I think...Life of Agony represent!

Then I look harder. View attachment 66547

it’s actually from my local shop - every RSD they have cookies made with record company logos. However, river runs red was very influential for one of my old bands, just not in cookie form.

it’s actually from my local shop - every RSD they have cookies made with record company logos. However, river runs red was very influential for one of my old bands, just not in cookie form.
The first two LOA albums were my shit when I was a teen. Soul Searching Sun leaned a lil too much into alt rock IMO. I’ll tell ya, after the evolution of Mina Caputo, a lot of those lyrics take on a whole new depth.

The Dylan one step is definitely my one Vinyl irrational splurge. Having an album you love above most others is one thing... Having an album you're terrified to take out of the packaging because its so expensive is another.

Probably my one and only One Step unless they do Court and Spark

Back