Vinyl Me Please Essentials

As in no shipping notices for this month? When was your last shipping notice from VMP? 🤔
Yeah nothing yet, still waiting on White Stripes too. I got my records last month so I'm sure it'll come. I imagine even though they ship everything separately they are probably somehow waiting on White Stripes in order to ship everything. Who knows...

I haven’t gotten a shipping for any of my Fiona Apple orders (When The Pawn & Fetch The Bolt Cutters) yet, so it must be super random with the way the warehouse are fulfilling all these VMP orders!

I got a shipping notice yesterday for four albums that are all in the same box (Big Bill Broonzy, Yaeji, Jockstrap and Rexx Life Raj). I also got a separate shipping notice for Tyner McCoy yesterday and today, a shipping notice for Buena Vista Social Club!

Nothing yet for The Bar-Kays, Lord Finesse and a lot of other “in-stock” records. Happy to wait though!

Also, it is really random with the arrival of shipments. They’ve been taking a long time as of late to arrive to me (all shipments).
Strange, both Fionas arrived together yesterday.

They've actually made a pretty fab job of BVSC. I'm giving it another run through and it's great. Well packaged, Relatively flat, for once I actually like the print. I've no alternative to compare it to but sounds mega. I'm more than happy to have this in the collection and can see it getting more of an outing than I first thought it would.

They've actually made a pretty fab job of BVSC. I'm giving it another run through and it's great. Well packaged, Relatively flat, for once I actually like the print. I've no alternative to compare it to but sounds mega. I'm more than happy to have this in the collection and can see it getting more of an outing than I first thought it would.
Agreed, I think it sounds wonderful. Only issue I had was the jacket tightness and I wish the booklet shared the same dimensions as the album jacket. That is mostly just nitpicking though. I am happy to own it.

Agreed, I think it sounds wonderful. Only issue I had was the jacket tightness and I wish the booklet shared the same dimensions as the album jacket. That is mostly just nitpicking though. I am happy to own it.

They're a right bunch of dicks to be honest. I fail to see why a company of their size can't produce consistently good product because when they're good... They're really good. Its actually got me feeling moderately excited for Spiritualized

I have been streaming Spiritualized this week and really digging it. I think it will pair nicely with Screamadelica, so I am going to pick that up instead of that tasty Al Green in the VMP store. Any versions of Screamadelica I need to hone in on? When it arrives next month, I think I am going to have an ABW (All Brit Weekend) and spin away. If there are any other Brit albums I need to check out, that has a similar vibe, please let me know. In that genre I have The Bends, Stone Roses S/T, and that's about it. Going to pick up Sceamadelica. One more pic from the peanut gallery would be most appreciated. Verve? any particular Oasis? I am all ears.

I have been streaming Spiritualized this week and really digging it. I think it will pair nicely with Screamadelica, so I am going to pick that up instead of that tasty Al Green in the VMP store. Any versions of Screamadelica I need to hone in on? When it arrives next month, I think I am going to have an ABW (All Brit Weekend) and spin away. If there are any other Brit albums I need to check out, that has a similar vibe, please let me know. In that genre I have The Bends, Stone Roses S/T, and that's about it. Going to pick up Sceamadelica. One more pic from the peanut gallery would be most appreciated. Verve? any particular Oasis? I am all ears.

Just general 90s and 00s brit albums? From, the proper mainstream ones I'd say something like Elastica - Elastica, Super Furry Animals - Radiator, Blur - Modern Life is Rubbish (or the self titled), Chemical Brothers - Surrender... Erm... Beth Orton - Central Reservation, anything by the Charlatans but my favourite is their self titled, Supergrass - Road to Rouen etc etc etc. Maybe chuck a bit of Portishead in there. Dummy? Get fucked up and listen to some really early prodigy too.

Just general 90s and 00s brit albums? From, the proper mainstream ones I'd say something like Elastica - Elastica, Super Furry Animals - Radiator, Blur - Modern Life is Rubbish (or the self titled), Chemical Brothers - Surrender... Erm... Beth Orton - Central Reservation, anything by the Charlatans but my favourite is their self titled, Supergrass - Road to Rouen etc etc etc. Maybe chuck a bit of Portishead in there. Dummy? Get fucked up and listen to some really early prodigy too.
Oh man, I jam out to that Beth Orton Reggae song about London.
I have the Live Portishead album. I need to check out some Charlatans (I assume you mean Charlatans UK?). Thanks for the recommendations.

Back