Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Guys,
Just know my hate of DMB comes from nowhere I can logically explain. I'm a lover of all music so it's not a genre thing.
I just know the last Essentials album I hard-passed on as quick as I would pass on a DMB album is John Mayer, but I think I can actually explain that one.

Guys,
Just know my hate of DMB comes from nowhere I can logically explain. I'm a lover of all music so it's not a genre thing.
I just know the last Essentials album I hard-passed on as quick as I would pass on a DMB album is John Mayer, but I think I can actually explain that one.
I'd say if you're willing to give DMB a shot BTCS is IMO their most accessible and best album.

For Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins, they've kinda been doing their own re-releases so any special editions I'd expect would be from them.

White Stripes and OutKast already have Essentials releases so VMP probably won't do those (although VMP can always change their own rules on a whim... in any case I think Aquemini is destined for RHH some time next year).

For Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins, they've kinda been doing their own re-releases so any special editions I'd expect would be from them.

White Stripes and OutKast already have Essentials releases so VMP probably won't do those (although VMP can always change their own rules on a whim... in any case I think Aquemini is destined for RHH some time next year).
Storf did say on discord: "the rule for no repeats officially only counts for Essentials now, btw."

Guys,
I'd say if you're willing to give DMB a shot BTCS is IMO their most accessible and best album.
I’m not entirely sure I agree on the accessible part. I do for sure think it is far and away their best album. It is also unique in their catalog - it’s got this Peter Gabriel feel to it that does not exist on any of their other albums.

I think Crash is probably the most accessible or Busted Stuff.

You're either going to get me to listen to this album or catch these hands for sullying Peter Gabriel's music.
I don’t think someone outside can sully by being influenced. Seriously, it’s a great album. Some of his melancholies take a back seat to more grown up fair, he’d gotten married and had a kid. Crush (note not Crash) is one of the all time great love songs. The album grooves with a big cinematic sound.

My fandom has fallen off over the years but the magic of this album still has me check their new stuff out hoping they reach its heights again.

I’m not entirely sure I agree on the accessible part. I do for sure think it is far and away their best album. It is also unique in their catalog - it’s got this Peter Gabriel feel to it that does not exist on any of their other albums.

I think Crash is probably the most accessible or Busted Stuff.
never really thought to compare Dave and Peter Gabriel but I can definitely see it on some tracks on BTCS.

Everyone in the band is a very talented musician. I used to be a huge Carter Beauford fan--that guy is insane on drums. I'd welcome a reissue for BTCS if they did it right. The reissue of Crash is an extremely good sounding pressing.

I don’t think someone outside can sully by being influenced. Seriously, it’s a great album. Some of his melancholies take a back seat to more grown up fair, he’d gotten married and had a kid. Crush (note not Crash) is one of the all time great love songs. The album grooves with a big cinematic sound.

My fandom has fallen off over the years but the magic of this album still has me check their new stuff out hoping they reach its heights again.

Unfortunately without Leroi and the lack of
Alanis warbling during “Spoon” too.

One of the very few songs I enjoy that she’s on.

I’m not sure they’ll ever reach that height again and that’s ok. Dave’s lyrical content isn’t the same. Even though Jeff Coffin does a fine job, I’m not sure what he brings creatively to the studio. There have been some really good songs on the albums post Busted Stuff but not front to back. I know they have a new album on the way but maybe it’s time to end the studio work and just continue to flourish as a live band.

Back