Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Not sure. The Hype doesn’t specify…
View attachment 151464
All I know is it sounds excellent and The Beastie Boys seem like people that respect the vinyl format. The VMP version might sound as good but I would be surprised if it surpasses it.
Well it does say "faithfully restored" 🤷‍♂️😏

Regardless, it does sound fantastic!

From a macro standpoint these are excellent choices from a Micro (me, personally) standpoint these are unnecessary and not better than what I already have.

Yeah, I already have the box sets of Springsteen and Dylan, so it's not exactly "lost sounds found", but I'm still impressed with these picks. They've come a long way since Tennis and ole Dead Eyes, Kevin Morby.

Yeah, I already have the box sets of Springsteen and Dylan, so it's not exactly "lost sounds found", but I'm still impressed with these picks. They've come a long way since Tennis and ole Dead Eyes, Kevin Morby.
On that note, when was the last time they did a new release as an essential? Sure they caught a ton of slack for that (especially after the Essentials re-branding), but I always thought it was a wonderfully ballsy thing to do even if I did swap a few of them.

On that note, when was the last time they did a new release as an essential? Sure they caught a ton of slack for that (especially after the Essentials re-branding), but I always thought it was a wonderfully ballsy thing to do even if I did swap a few of them.
Sleater-Kinney maybe? That album certainly would be reason enough for them to swear off ever doing a new release for Essentials ever again.

I think Caroline Rose back in 2020. Not a bad album actually either, but not worth the price of a subscription IMO

Sleater-Kinney maybe? That album certainly would be reason enough for them to swear off ever doing a new release for Essentials ever again.
Yeah, that and Caroline Rose did not go over well if I recall. From a quick bit of sleuthing, it seems Rose was the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of new release essentials.

Weren't some of those RotM before they started labeling the sub "Essentials"?

Regardless, I like to think of the "essential" aspect of the Morby record as its being produced by Richard Swift.

Weren't some of those RotM before they started labeling the sub "Essentials"?

Regardless, I like to think of the "essential" aspect of the Morby record as its being produced by Richard Swift.
Yeah, now that I think of it, Rose might've been the only one released after the Essentials rebranding. So others were probably just labeled AOM, and therefore a little easier to justify.

Back