Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Do you have the Dylan Mono box?

Also, Is the Existing Ryan Smith pressing pressed at GZ?

The standalone was released by MOV over here. It was pressed by Record Industry according to cogs. It was a 2010 release.

I’m pretty sure it’s the exact same master as is in the mono box.

I think the early albums were all released in stereo out of Japan this year and got glowing reviews

I now have too many copies of this album. I still need to do proper comparisons, I generally end up listening to the album rather than comparing. But the Japanese pressings, I think could be as good as or maybe even slightly better than the Mofi. They do sound slightly different, system & personal preference may come into play. The Japanese pressings are much much cheaper than Mofi.

Someone on Cogs called 'Great horse' is saying they are all shit, He's only reviewed these titles. I suspect he's a flipper and has a bunch of Mofis. The packaging, pressing & sound are great on all the ones I have.

(someone in the UK is selling a copy for £25)

I now have too many copies of this album. I still need to do proper comparisons, I generally end up listening to the album rather than comparing. But the Japanese pressings, I think could be as good as or maybe even slightly better than the Mofi. They do sound slightly different, system & personal preference may come into play. The Japanese pressings are much much cheaper than Mofi.

Someone on Cogs called 'Great horse' is saying they are all shit, He's only reviewed these titles. I suspect he's a flipper and has a bunch of Mofis. The packaging, pressing & sound are great on all the ones I have.

I got these and they’re PHENOMENAL. I sold my MoFi box after comparing it to the Japanese BOB. High quality releases.

Looks like Interpol sounds pretty damn good…at least to Discogs…I’m curious to hear what you all think though
Gave mine a spin last night. Absolutely fantastic to my ears. And yes, it sounds suitably massive with the 2lp giving the songs lots of space to breathe. I'll say the bass lines in particular really shine here (pressing may even sound a bit bass heavy depending on your setup). Unfortunately I did have just a hint of crackle at the end of Side C in the final seconds of 'Roland,' though it's almost entirely relegated to dead wax territory. I'll give it a clean today and see if I can't kill that too. All in I'd say this might be one of the best sounding Essentials releases I've gotten this year. Really hoping that's the case for everyone else.

I have the Japanese Dylan reissues above aside from Freewheelin’. They sound fantastic. I have not A/B’d BoB vs my mofi yet and I need to…. But for what it’s worth they sounded good enough to me to pass on seeking out HW and BIABH Mofi stereo copies.

Back