Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Blondie - Heart of Glass

is mine. My Mum gave me a framed version of it for Christmas last year and I've got it by my turntable now.

View attachment 64479
For my birthday a few years ago my girlfriend got me a framed copy of a 'Rhythm Is a Dancer' 7" because that was no 1 when I was born. Think theres a company that buys them up and frames them. It had an engraved plaque below and stuff.

For my birthday a few years ago my girlfriend got me a framed copy of a 'Rhythm Is a Dancer' 7" because that was no 1 when I was born. Think theres a company that buys them up and frames them. It had an engraved plaque below and stuff.
Nice, I'm certainly happy I'm from the UK as the US number one was Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? 🤮
I rather suspect my stepdad got this at the car boot for a few pence but I could be wrong. There's certainly no fancy plaque on mine!

Nice, I'm certainly happy I'm from the UK as the US number one was Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? 🤮
I rather suspect my stepdad got this at the car boot for a few pence but I could be wrong. There's certainly no fancy plaque on mine!
I imagine the company that made the one I got did a similar thing, a 20p carboot find and a massive mark-up :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

vmp spoke about their love for minnie ripperton

fuck i think @NathanRicaud could be correct
Yeah, I have a feeling it’s OutKast, Erykah Badu & Minnie Riperton for the Essential ROTM’s!

I have no idea which Minnie Riperton album they would choose! Her first three albums are great, but my favourite is her 3rd album album “Adventures In Paradise”, an album that features two songs that were heavily sampled in hip-hop songs; ‘Inside My Love’ and ‘Baby, This Love I Have’. Both those songs are sexy, but ‘Inside My Love’ is one of the sexiest songs of all time in my opinion! It was produced and composed by Leon Ware, the man behind the sexiest album of all time - Marvin Gaye’s I Want You!

Inside My Love is so damn sexy, Minnie Riperton seductive, yearning, sultry voice and the blissful, warm production is orgasmic! It’s actually a top 10 song of all-time for me. Minnie Riperton whistling during the breakdown is gorgeous, and those dreamy keys that then creep into the mix while that happens, make up the sample to what I think is the best song on a Tribe Called Quest’s Midnight Marauders; ‘Lyrics To Go’.

On the same Minnie Riperton album, A Tribe Called Quest’s Check The Rhine sampled the song “Baby, This Love I Have”, one of the best tracks from The Low End Theory!

I love Minnie Riperton so so much! She is one of the sexiest vocalists and her first three albums are amazing!

If we get OutKast, Erykah Badu and Minnie Riperton for the next 3 Essentials, I’ll be crying tears of joy!

vmp spoke about their love for minnie ripperton

fuck i think @NathanRicaud could be correct
Also, Minnie Riperton would be a big get! She is quite well known, especially for hit “Lovin You”, and is definitely more ‘popular’ than Mavis Staples for example, who was an Essentials December pick a few years ago!

Not as popular as Aretha Franklin or Nina Simone but I think Minnie Riperton would be a popular pick, especially if it gets the AAA, 180g treatment!

Also, Minnie Riperton would be a big get! She is quite well known, especially for hit “Lovin You”, and is definitely more ‘popular’ than Mavis Staples for example, who was an Essentials December pick a few years ago!

Not as popular as Aretha Franklin or Nina Simone but I think Minnie Riperton would be a popular pick, especially if it gets the AAA, 180g treatment!
Looks like Come to my Garden could use a reissue.

Looks like Come to my Garden could use a reissue.
Definitely so! The last reissue got poor reviews on Discogs! I’m hoping we either get Adventures in Paradise or Come to my Garden as the Essential ROTM’s, if it is in fact Minnie Riperton!

Definitely so! The last reissue got poor reviews on Discogs! I’m hoping we either get Adventures in Paradise or Come to my Garden as the Essential ROTM’s, if it is in fact Minnie Riperton!
come to my garden would be an AMAZING ROTM get (i really liked perfect angel). but the chances of it happening are hard because they cant find the original master tapes

come to my garden would be an AMAZING ROTM get (i really liked perfect angel). but the chances of it happening are hard because they cant find the original master tapes
Ahhhh damn! That’s a shame they can’t find the original master tapes! Still crossing my fingers VMP can still make it the Essentials ROTM! Perfect Angel is a really nice album too! I love the Stevie Wonder-esque songs on that one! So many of the tracks on Perfect Angel have a homemade, whimsical, enchanting aesthetic and I love it!

Ahhhh damn! That’s a shame they can’t find the original master tapes! Still crossing my fingers VMP can still make it the Essentials ROTM! Perfect Angel is a really nice album too! I love the Stevie Wonder-esque songs on that one! So many of the tracks on Perfect Angel have a homemade, whimsical, enchanting aesthetic and I love it!
wikiped said:
The album was first released on CD in 1990, and has since been made available in digital form. None of the CD editions have material transferred directly from the original master tapes. All CD editions were mastered in UK, USA and other countries using LP records and different noise reduction methods. It is quite possible that original tapes that belonged to GRT were lost forever [citation needed]

Yeah, I have a feeling it’s OutKast, Erykah Badu & Minnie Riperton for the Essential ROTM’s!

I have no idea which Minnie Riperton album they would choose! Her first three albums are great, but my favourite is her 3rd album album “Adventures In Paradise”, an album that features two songs that were heavily sampled in hip-hop songs; ‘Inside My Love’ and ‘Baby, This Love I Have’. Both those songs are sexy, but ‘Inside My Love’ is one of the sexiest songs of all time in my opinion! It was produced and composed by Leon Ware, the man behind the sexiest album of all time - Marvin Gaye’s I Want You!

Inside My Love is so damn sexy, Minnie Riperton seductive, yearning, sultry voice and the blissful, warm production is orgasmic! It’s actually a top 10 song of all-time for me. Minnie Riperton whistling during the breakdown is gorgeous, and those dreamy keys that then creep into the mix while that happens, make up the sample to what I think is the best song on a Tribe Called Quest’s Midnight Marauders; ‘Lyrics To Go’.

On the same Minnie Riperton album, A Tribe Called Quest’s Check The Rhine sampled the song “Baby, This Love I Have”, one of the best tracks from The Low End Theory!

I love Minnie Riperton so so much! She is one of the sexiest vocalists and her first three albums are amazing!

If we get OutKast, Erykah Badu and Minnie Riperton for the next 3 Essentials, I’ll be crying tears of joy!

I'd be very happy with a better copy of Rotary Connection - Hey Love (which features Mine Ripperton)

I'd be very happy with a better copy of Rotary Connection - Hey Love (which features Mine Ripperton)
Ohhhhh yes! That would make an excellent ROTM too! I would love for VMP to do a Rotary Connection exclusive! I love ‘Hey Love’! It’s a brilliant album, and one I love very much. I remember being stunned when I heard the song “Love Has Fallen On Me” because Common sampled that song on his track ‘Drivin’ Me Wild’ which Kanye West produced! Kanye West was an absolute genius for sampling the piano loop breakdown on that track! And “I Am The Black Gold Of The Sun” is a classic song! That song is a masterpiece!

Hey Love needs to get an audiophile reissue! It’s a masterpiece from a very strong year in music - 1971!

I feel like more people need to know about The New Rotary Connection too, as they’re such a great band!

Back