Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Not for at least 3 months
it probably could have been a better choice than john mayer... i mean there are a lot of great black electro, techno, and house producers available that could easily be done.. mr fingers, drexciya, cybotron, africa bambata is banned for his abusive behavior, mantronix, or moodymann would be very nice

This is mine right now just because I couldn’t manage to swap John Mayer for Prince Paul for some reason it said “sold out” when I tried. so I ended up swapping Mayer for blossom and added R/HH sub. I emailed them though, ideally they can swap PP over to my essentials and then drop Blossom and the R/HH sub entirely. But we shall see.
Ooorrrrr. You could keep it like it is and sell me Blossom... 😃

Mayer is not my thing but the next two are fire. BVSC is a true classic and I need a copy. I have the BVSC live at Carnegie Hall (which I prefer) but I never got around to getting the original on vinyl. I'm happy to get a copy of Spiritualized as well. Good stuff.
After VMP announced their August & September ROTM’s, I said to myself “This is definitely VMP’s best year for Essentials”! We already know the December Essentials will be a Classics type of ROTM and there’s a strong chance we will get OutKast’s Stankonia in October of November! 🚨🗽💎

Essentials 2020 has just been marvellous so far! The new release pick - Caroline Rose 🥀👄 - was an excellent pick! The Roots, Stevie Nicks, Dirty Projectors, The White Stripes and The Stooges were all magnificent picks too! The only pick out of these 9 Essential ROTM picks so far that isn’t incredible is John Mayer, but I actually do like the pick overall, it’s just not as exciting and the album musically isn’t as strong either in my opinion! 🎵

Yeah, I’d definitely treat psychedelics as a spiritual vehicle and not a party drug. I’ve never done marijuana, MDMA or any other drug. I haven’t taken any drugs (only alcohol and coffee - but that’s nothing). I’m not that interested in cocaine, marijuana, MDMA etc. I’m interested in Mushrooms and Acid because I want to trip and see things and have a life changing experience, just like you had! I want to also do DMT, that seems like such an interesting drug too! But a close friend said I’d be unable to because I haven’t smoked before (DMT requires you to know how to smoke). None of my friends are interested though in doing any of this, maybe my sister might be, but she’s in her last year of high school, so I’ll wait until she finishes to see if she’s keen!

Thanks for the advice! It’s great advice and I’ll remember what you’ve said Ghost! I’m going to definitely try and do mushrooms and Acid this summer, a beautiful lake not too far from my house!
Mmmmmm some more great advice! Glad you see my as an analytical person! I’m flattered 🥰🤝

I think I’m very optimistic and mentally stable but understand I need to be very cautious if I ever take Acid and/or Mushroms! 🍄

I think I produce a lot of natural happy energy daily, so maybe that’s why I’m not as interested in that drug. I know I’ll be even more happy if I take MDMA, and I’m sure I’ll try it one day if I ever have someone that’s down to do it with me, but it’s something I won’t go out of my way to try and take!

A close friend of mine said I should be very proud of myself for being 25 years old and for never taking any drugs. He said I’m mentally the most stable person he knows. When I asked what he means, he said my mental state doesn’t change and I’m always relaxed, happy and energetic! And he said he thinks part of my mental stability is because i never drink alcohol and have never taken anything. I think it’s mainly because of all the travelling I’ve done, my great upbringing, my fortunate circumstances in general, having close family and friends, having a strong passion for music and constantly exercising/eating healthy, but who knows!

I’m definitely open to doing drugs but when he told me that, about how my mental stability is the best compared to everyone he knows, I felt really good! 😁😇😊🐒

I think @Dead C was suggesting that those that are analytical or self aware as you are tend to think more during a trip and consequently create more opportunities to muddy up the experience. Like I always thought myself to be “happy, stable, knowledgeable and in control” and then I did shrooms and all of that stuff and everything that I thought about myself got weaponized against me lmao. It’s very interesting. For example if you think yourself capable of controlling a trip there’s a good chance you’re going to lose control of the trip 😂😂😂. Zen Buddhism started making a LOT of sense to me after psychedelics, at least the idea of no attachments. Anything we attach to about ourselves or our life becomes anchored into our identity and when you go into the psychedelic realm it all becomes meaningless fodder that serves to mask what you’re afraid of about yourself. My self affirmations of feeling in control did nothing but highlight how afraid of losing control I was and acid of course decided to exploit that and throw me into a state that got worse and worse the more I tried to control it. This particular trip was descending into madness until Dreams by Fleetwood Mac came on and I couldn’t help but sing it cause it’s a fucking jam and a half and that’s how I learned to surrender, it’s all about getting out of your head and in order to get out your head you must first lose your mind 😂😂😂. A wise man once said that, can’t remember who.

ANYWAYS, you’ll be fine.

it probably could have been a better choice than john mayer... i mean there are a lot of great black electro, techno, and house producers available that could easily be done.. mr fingers, drexciya, cybotron, africa bambata is banned for his abusive behavior, mantronix, or moodymann would be very nice
Carl Craig would be rad. More Songs About Food and Revolutionary Art would be a good ROTM choice.

Carl Craig would be rad. More Songs About Food and Revolutionary Art would be a good ROTM choice.
also an incredibly fitting piece of work in 2020 and political art... i am guessing they forgot about the black lives matter stuff a few months ago and we will get more revolutionary art AFTER the next few months

Thanks for posting this. I made some references to psychedelics in the exclusives thread yesterday and I just don't always think very carefully when I talk about it, anymore. That's why I get paranoid when people start to speak on wanting to do it and I realize, "Oh shit! Not everyone, necessarily, has a lot of experience with this stuff. Maybe I shouldn't be so nonchalant when I speak on it." It can effect us all so differently and it's really hard to remember a time when I was excited about doing anything like that. It's such a casual idea to me now, that I'm hoping to be more aware about how casually I reference it to people who don't have experience with that.

Like anything else, I would listen to/ask someone Iike yourself, or someone else that I knew, who had some sort of insight or experience with it, before hand. On a very basic level, you're going into a disorienting state, if not a re-orienting state, and... well... it can be disorienting. Being disoriented can be scary, because you can start wondering if you're ever coming back. Time is relative and you can let go of that tether and forget that, while you did in fact do a drug, it's still just a drug and will wear off.

I think stuff like this provides some solid information to think about. Although it was long ago, I've had people pissed off at me for giving them things that they went off and acted stupid with. Once you're on your own, you're on your own, and they should have known better. I'm just hoping to be cautious enough about coming across like I'm encouraging anyone to do anything that they could later have some adverse reaction to. But, in my opinion, what you're saying seems like really solid IF you do this advice and not simply YOU SHOULD do this advice.

Honestly, based on what we've seen from Nathan, he projects a very fun emoji filled sticker party energy, but his posts -- especially his musical takes -- suggest someone that's fairly analytical about things. I guess what I'm saying is that, @NathanRicaud isn't some dummy. Just be careful if you do that stuff.
Best advice I was ever given before taking acid is that if you start to lose control of reality (and you probably will)....just tell yourself, this is a drug and this is what it does. I’ve only had to tell myself that once or twice but it certainly works.

Yeah, I’d definitely treat psychedelics as a spiritual vehicle and not a party drug. I’ve never done marijuana, MDMA or any other drug. I haven’t taken any drugs (only alcohol and coffee - but that’s nothing). I’m not that interested in cocaine, marijuana, MDMA etc. I’m interested in Mushrooms and Acid because I want to trip and see things and have a life changing experience, just like you had! I want to also do DMT, that seems like such an interesting drug too! But a close friend said I’d be unable to because I haven’t smoked before (DMT requires you to know how to smoke). None of my friends are interested though in doing any of this, maybe my sister might be, but she’s in her last year of high school, so I’ll wait until she finishes to see if she’s keen!

Thanks for the advice! It’s great advice and I’ll remember what you’ve said Ghost! I’m going to definitely try and do mushrooms and Acid this summer, a beautiful lake not too far from my house!

I always preferred acid over mushrooms.
Enjoy!

Best advice I was ever given before taking acid is that if you start to lose control of reality (and you probably will)....just tell yourself, this is a drug and this is what it does. I’ve only had to tell myself that once or twice but it certainly works.
Mmmmmmm that is such great advice too! Omg, I can’t wait to try it and see what it’s like!!!

It’s so exciting that it’s something that makes you see things and feel things you can’t see or feel sober!

And another great thing about psychedelics is that ‘apparently’ they aren’t as addictive compared to other drugs like alcohol, marijuana, MDMA, Caffeine, Heroin etc! I’m confident I would never get addicted to drugs, but my friends say I’ve got a very addicted personality. So it makes me feel better that it’s a drug that isn’t as addictive too! Because you never know! 😅

JUST TO REITERATE... NO RESPONSIBILITY
Also @NathanRicaud , if you’re committed to trying it this summer make sure your family doesn’t have any major history with severe mental illness like schizophrenia because psychedelics have been known to trigger and or expedite the waking of those sorts of sleeping bears within. If that’s an issue within your family history then it’s best you avoid them all together.

Thank you! I’m going to ask my work friend more about Acid! Can’t wait to try it in the future!

Just make sure that you are in a positive environment and are in an excited/positive state of mind before dropping. It should help you have a great trip!

I use to love to listen to the Doors and stare at different album covers, specifically this one.

288FBB94-3D18-46E4-B0CE-4636AA9064C3.jpeg

Back