Vinyl Me Please Country

How much better is the VMP version of Townes at the Old Quarter than the Fat Possum version? Worth the upgrade?
Its probably a little better but it’s a step-above bootleg live recording. I have the Fat Possum pressing and feel like it’s good enough. I am not clamoring to spend twice as much for the VMP pressing and it’s my favorite TVZ record.

How much better is the VMP version of Townes at the Old Quarter than the Fat Possum version? Worth the upgrade?
Good enough to hear pool and foosball being played upstairs.

Overall I think it’s as best as it’s going to get, but not a mind-blowing difference. For what it is, it’s a great intimate recording.

I mean, none of the records I have gotten since coming back to VMP would cause me to give up an older pressing. I'll probably continue to swap things that I already have good copies of... which is fine, gets me something I'll love as well and with something like Sturgill (as I did with Kacey), I'll make a point to take it out for a spin or two during it's month.

Thinking about swapping this month for a Musgraves album. What's the consensus on these? I listened to a ton of Golden Hour but can't say I know much about either of these early ones.

Back