Vinyl Me Please Classics

Well Well...with the recent price increase looks like my Classic's completionist phase is over! Just means more money for Tone Poet :)
I'm with you. I have a year-long sub that ends in September so I have some time left at the $33 price point. But with add-ons being $36 it changes things substantially.

I was already wanting to cut back on vinyl spending (going to run out of room real fast) so this just makes it easier. Still will be getting February and March Classics, but as far as the other tracks? I think I'm in for The Coup and that's it.

Enjoying this much more than I thought I would, it’s much better than the other record I have by him.
View attachment 163913
Me too…kinda blew me away.

Tbh I only got it because I forgot to cancel the track, but man this is incredibly good. The clarity of the vocals is insane, just adding to the emotion and folkiness of the songs.

A job well done.

Enjoying this much more than I thought I would, it’s much better than the other record I have by him.
View attachment 163913
It’s a really cool album. I have an early pressing and I may even have an old Prestige twofer but the new one sounds fantastic. I have a LITTLE bit of what might be GZ crackle but need to give it a clean in the Humminguru.

If you like the music from Llewyn Davis no reason why you wouldn’t love this record

Def noticed a bit in between tracks but tbh on this album it kinda adds character. Really enjoyed my first listen through.
I had some during tracks. And I have the van gelder stamped copy if I want old timey crackle 🤣 but I’ll give it a proper clean and listen again before contacting CS

2nd copy of dreams with a pretty severe dish warp. Anyone gotten a flat copy of the GZ press?
Nope. My first was defective, had a weird mark on track 1 that caused several skips. Replacement was better but not completely flat. Fortunately plays fine so it is what it is at this point.

At least the most recent ROTMs were flat.

So...Blue Monk?
Spotify has Blue Monk and Light Blue, but I can't find anything that suggest that Light Blue was an actual album, nor Blue Monk. So probably "Monk's Blues"?

Anyway, not going to entice me, I feel like the market has gotten slammed with Monk reissues lately.

Spotify has Blue Monk and Light Blue, but I can't find anything that suggest that Light Blue was an actual album, nor Blue Monk. So probably "Monk's Blues"?

Anyway, not going to entice me, I feel like the market has gotten slammed with Monk reissues lately.
The album is Paris 1969! I thought it was Monks Blues as well though for some reason

Back