Vinyl Me Please Classics

I got the store exclusive of SRT some time ago and though the album is fine, that does it for me. No need for another one.

My intention is to collect the missing classics until my subscription ends next month.

That said, hello Mr. Booker, hello Mr. Milton, fancy seeing you here.

from the article about the pressing on VMP's site. The Al Green record sounds great, so this sounds promising.
"This has a very similar package/tape story as the Al Green record, yeah?
Alex Berenson, VMP Head of A&R: Yeah, this is an all-analog pressing, cut direct to lacquer by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound. It was pressed at QRP in Kansas, and comes with the usual Classics package of a tip-on jacket, and with a Listening Notes booklet. 180-gram black vinyl as well."

Do you all think Gospel Train will be available in the next few months? Feel like I should catch up on Booker or Banks before they’re completely gone. :unsure:

So I updated the 2nd post to be a July guess post. I'm going to keep it simple and just update with hints as we get them and consensus front runners once we get to that point. If someone wants a dedicated guess thread, fill your boots, but otherwise just keep it going in this thread?

Based on my hazy recollection from the old forum, July is a blockbuster Jazz album, but not from Blue Note. If Storf posts any clues on Twitter/Instagram/Reddit/Friendster/AOL Messenger/ICQ/IRC or whatever, please post in here and I'll add the hint that way they're in an easy to find spot for folks who still care about guessing.

So I updated the 2nd post to be a July guess post. I'm going to keep it simple and just update with hints as we get them and consensus front runners once we get to that point. If someone wants a dedicated guess thread, fill your boots, but otherwise just keep it going in this thread?

Based on my hazy recollection from the old forum, July is a blockbuster Jazz album, but not from Blue Note. If Storf posts any clues on Twitter/Instagram/Reddit/Friendster/AOL Messenger/ICQ/IRC or whatever, please post in here and I'll add the hint.
In the Sister Rosetta Tharpe piece they say it's latin jazz, specifically.

Based on my hazy recollection from the old forum, July is a blockbuster Jazz album, but not from Blue Note. If Storf posts any clues on Twitter/Instagram/Reddit/Friendster/AOL Messenger/ICQ/IRC or whatever, please post in here and I'll add the hint that way they're in an easy to find spot for folks who still care about guessing.
Let’s not do separate guess threads. Keeping it all in here works better, I think.

Thanks. Just found it and read it.

And spit-taked on the line "The VMP Way, in fact." at the end. Also now known as the capitalist way. smh.
"The VMP Way"

Welp, looks like some of us will be getting July's classics release, others will have to wait 3 months, most will be warped, some will have inexplicable pressing issues and a hurricane might be on the horizon. Good times.

"The VMP Way"

Welp, looks like some of us will be getting July's classics release, others will have to wait 3 months, most will be warped, some will have inexplicable pressing issues and a hurricane might be on the horizon. Good times.
Wait! I want a do over... it could be more concise.

"The VMP Way."

WELP LOOKS LIKE NO ONES GETTING THEIR RECORDS NEXT MONTH

So I went ahead and scheduled a cancellation for this track last month but now I'm debating on keeping it for SRT, but I can't seem to undo that. I emailed support mostly in frustration at how horrible their track things are, but I was wondering if anyone here knew how to go about doing that?

Back