Vinyl Me Please Classics

Everything has been leaked.

Boxy2bx.png

2CPA0pw.png
Amazing!

Talk about luck as well, I almost bought a copy of the Brown Sugar just last week but held back. Plus, I have 22 releases by Monk (with 69 features) according to my Discogs but miraculously dont have this one!!

And back in..
Added all other tracks, kept Kacey, swapped Essentials for the other Kacey and HH for Monk live.
Will have ATLiens, Prince Among Thieves and Mama's Gun "for free"

think i'm just gonna get Monk from this batch. I have Brown Sugar already and rarely listen to it even though it's a fine session.

Enjoyed what I listened from Odetta (never heard of her before). Would have prefered Odetta Sings though. I don't have Brown Sugar so I am good with it too.

I’m assuming the Monk’s Music is in mono right? It was one of the first stereo sessions through Riverside and it was a rudimentary set up at best. Bass is nonexistent. It doesn’t say in the write up though unless I completely missed it.

I’m assuming the Monk’s Music is in mono right? It was one of the first stereo sessions through Riverside and it was a rudimentary set up at best. Bass is nonexistent. It doesn’t say in the write up though unless I completely missed it.
stereo. has stereo on the artwork.

pretty sure the AP is in stereo and has been raved about?

stereo. has stereo on the artwork.

pretty sure the AP is in stereo and has been raved about?
The man, the LEGEND himself said the stereo sucks and he helped make probably the single best version we will ever have of it. Taken with a grain of salt of course :LOL:
1679014136143.png

I will say that it’s not my favorite Monk and far from my most played, but the mono OJC from the 80’s is pretty great. I had a stereo reissue at some point that was sold shortly after I got a NM OJC. I’ll probably still get the VMP version though since I’m in for these next three months and the Classics track is really the only thing that interests me for the next three.

The man, the LEGEND himself said the stereo sucks and he helped make probably the single best version we will ever have of it. Taken with a grain of salt of course :LOL:
View attachment 169676

I will say that it’s not my favorite Monk and far from my most played, but the mono OJC from the 80’s is pretty great. I had a stereo reissue at some point that was sold shortly after I got a NM OJC. I’ll probably still get the VMP version though since I’m in for these next three months and the Classics track is really the only thing that interests me for the next three.
he's a loon.

i have only heard the mono personally so not sure how the stereo sounds. but i have heard rave reviews about the previous stereo releases so will be grabbing this one. not sure why VMP went with stereo on it?

Gave Freddie Roach a listen tonight. Have to say I am on the fence with it. For my first time listening to it, it seems like pretty standard organ soul-jazz. Actually a bit slow and boring to be honest. I will listen a few more times since I have plenty of time.
i got an early pressing of it awhile ago for pretty cheap and hardly ever reach for it. but that's probably a similar case with a majority of my organ jazz records if I'm being honest.

Back