Vinyl Me Please Classics

Yup, they can send add-on willy-nilly through the month at their expense but I have to wait for Blonde on Blonde to to ship with Yusef. Not even a "hey here is $5 credit for the inconvenience"
Yeah, they're holding on to Dylan and Otis Redding here.
They've had no issues just sending out store orders on their own, but this one...this one they're going to hang on to.

I guess the positive is it might come after the Christmas shipping rush so hopefully less likely to get damaged or lost
Well lookit Mr Brightside.

Honestly though, I'm not at all upset it's been delayed. Just the hilarity that they could ship things randomly for no good reason but then suddenly act like bundled shipping is a thing.

I guess it's down to one of these three albums on Enterprise, a Stax subsidiary.

Talking to the People by Black Nasty
Louis Paul's self-titled debut
Ghetto: Misfortune's Wealth by The 24-carat Black

I am wholly unfamiliar with Dave Van Ronk, but I am not a huuuuge fan of folk. should I still give this a shot?

I am wholly unfamiliar with Dave Van Ronk, but I am not a huuuuge fan of folk. should I still give this a shot?
the movie Inside Llewyn Davis is loosely based on Van Ronk. The album is awesome--give it a listen. I have an older pressing and debating picking this one up.

Worth noting ALL classics will be back at GZ until the VMP plant opens it seems. From storf:

Might as well rip the bandaid off now: Classics are back at GZ until we open our own plant next year. To give us the max flexibility--and to keep Classics on schedule and happening--we're back at GZ until we're open and feel the quality is up to snuff to do them in house. RTI did great work, but they're backed up and doing a lot, and to make sure we can keep us rolling and flexible, we're back at GZ.

And fwiw, the Dave Van Ronk is one of the quietest albums I've heard from VMP; feels like sitting in a room with him with just you and him and he's playing for you

And fwiw, the Dave Van Ronk is one of the quietest albums I've heard from VMP; feels like sitting in a room with him with just you and him and he's playing for you
You cut part of the quote off "feels like sitting in a room with him with just you and him and he's playing for you while crinkling a big ball of cello-wrap."

100% give it a go, it has a lot of Blues DNA as well, they pegged it well saying folk-blues. It's a fun album and will probably sound great with the classics treatment

100% give it a go, it has a lot of Blues DNA as well, they pegged it well saying folk-blues. It's a fun album and will probably sound great with the classics treatment
Van Ronk considered himself a bluesman instead of a folk artist (despite the album being called Folksinger haha)

Back