Vinyl Me Please Classics

I'd actually be okay with a one year no swaps exclusive subscription for some weird crate digger albums as long as you were told that in advance, and maybe the price was around 240 a year,
So You want a crate digger anthology it sounds like? I feel like if VMP did a crate digger anthology it would just be all Now-Again releases.

Unless it is Stereo. Isn't this the one Storf went back and forth on like three times whether it was going to be mono or stereo?

Edit: it seems less cut and dry that the mono Aretha Now is superior or not to the Stereo than the albums preceding it. Perhaps this is because mono Aretha Now seems quite rare. Maybe, because of this, they worked more on a decent stereo mix.

Last edited:
Isn't Lady Soul also possible? Either would be good for me but I think I might prefer that one.

Could be, it was released in '68. However it was reissued a year or two ago by Rhino with a good Chris Bellman cut. Aretha Now hasn't been reissued quite as recently, it's in the same boat I Never Loved A Man was in, so Aretha Now seems to make more sense.

Could be, it was released in '68. However it was reissued a year or two ago by Rhino with a good Chris Bellman cut. Aretha Now hasn't been reissued quite as recently, it's in the same boat I Never Loved A Man was in, so Aretha Now seems to make more sense.
You're right, but that was the inferior stereo mix, so if they got the mono tapes, it wouldn't be apples to apples.

Obviously everyone who bought that Rhino wouldn't necessarily agree with me that they need to re-buy though, so Aretha Now would be the safer bet.

I think at least the original US mono for Aretha Now is more rare as well. Might have been promo only?

So You want a crate digger anthology it sounds like? I feel like if VMP did a crate digger anthology it would just be all Now-Again releases.
A crate digger anthology could be kind of cool . I guess I was more thinking of a separate sub of only crate diggers stuff. Instead of passing Mr Hands as classic or , EO, and Jim Sullivan as essential. Although they’re obviously not adding any new subs til they get their act together.

Back