Vinyl Me Please Classics

There's a place where it just says "v became a curio for all the listeners working through King's back catalog . . ."

99% sure that "v" should've been "Lucille" and he meant to do ctrl+v but forgot the ctrl.

Did someone even proofread this trainwreck??
I don’t think any of them are.
Then again, I’ve never read a single one.

Except Storf should never, ever, ever be allowed to write these booklets. Dude needs to lay off the commas for starters.
Hey, lay off Story, he is a great writer, I mean sure he really, really, really, needs to learn how to use, punctuation, but those little books feel like a, well, a wikipedia article, but in book form.

[sorry I couldn't be bothered to write a grammatically correct sentence that is overflowing with commas, time for another irished coffee]

There's a place where it just says "v became a curio for all the listeners working through King's back catalog . . ."

99% sure that "v" should've been "Lucille" and he meant to do ctrl+v but forgot the ctrl.

He is the head of head of editorial... 🤔🤦😂

Hey, lay off Story, he is a great writer, I mean sure he really, really, really, needs to learn how to use, punctuation, but those little books feel like a, well, a wikipedia article, but in book form.

[sorry I couldn't be bothered to write a grammatically correct sentence that is overflowing with commas, time for another irished coffee]

Hey lay off the guy, he’s really busy sourcing the best sounding masters available for his DIY Doobie Brothers speaker... 🤔🤦😂

My four dollar Mr Hands came from Amazon and it’s a not Mr Hands at all. It’s a pretty nice copy of Thrice Vheissu with the gold embossed fish on the front. Maybe customer service can Unpermaswap for me if I play dumb and act like I didn’t know. It’s listed as sold out but is anything from VMP really actually sold out?

I honestly feel bad dumping on Storf, the guy gets so much hate and a lot of it feels unwarranted/extreme.

But wow I'd be embarrassed to have my name on something like this, let alone to include it in a product people actually paid for.

I interacted with him on the old place and he’s not for me and I had a real issue with his attitude in general BUT as the head above the parapet he does get all of the lightening strikes regardless of whose fault it it.

I interacted with him on the old place and he’s not for me and I had a real issue with his attitude in general BUT as the head above the parapet he does get all of the lightening strikes regardless of whose fault it it.
Agreed. As one of the few visible faces of the company on social media and reddit he catches a lot of shit. But he is still a crappy writer.

I always wonder who reads those booklets. I have glanced through a few but none of them added to my enjoyment of the records.

That being said, I still prefer them to the stencils that come with the RHH track.

Lucille also might be my favorite Classics this year. Its between that and the Brubeck/Blakey selections.

I always wonder who reads those booklets. I have glanced through a few but none of them added to my enjoyment of the records.

That being said, I still prefer them to the stencils that come with the RHH track.

Lucille also might be my favorite Classics this year. Its between that and the Brubeck/Blakey selections.

I like reading mine. Some of them like the one for Nat Turner Rebellion adds some interesting background to the record I wouldn't have otherwise known.

Dude needs to lay off the commas for starters.

STANDARD COMMA: YOU KNOW BOB, SUE AND GREG? THEY CAME TO MY HOUSE.

OXFORD COMMA: YOU KNOW BOB, SUE, AND GREG? THEY CAME TO MY HOUSE.

CHRISTOPHER WALKEN COMMA: YOU KNOW BOB, SUE, AND GREG, THEY CAME, TO MY HOUSE.

STORF COMMA: ,YOU, KNOW, BOB,,, SUE, AND, GREG,,,,,,, THEY, CAME, TO, MY, HOUSE,.,

I got the Impex reissue (Grundman remaster, pressed at Pallas) of Friday Night last year. One of my favourite records I own. Highly recommended.

You should hunt down Passion, Grace, and Fire if you dont already have it. Super clean copies are very cheap and it sounds amazing. This is my test record when I tweak anything in my system. I'm not sure what setup you are running, but there is an awesome phantom center channel on this record. If you like Friday Night, you'll definitely like this one.

v .around your marrow

Last edited:
I honestly feel bad dumping on Storf, the guy gets so much hate and a lot of it feels unwarranted/extreme.

But wow I'd be embarrassed to have my name on something like this, let alone to include it in a product people actually paid for.

Storf is a glory chaser that will appear to soak up every STORF KILLED IT WITH CLASSICS praise, but the moment he gets criticized or is asked to explain/defend any of the companies practices, will retreat and only appear long enough to threaten to leave and use some outlier comment/maybe DM that mentioned his weight as example of harassment.

He is thinned skinned, condescending, his writing sucks and his 50 record stores book sucks even worse. I don't feel that any of that is extreme, or unwarranted.

Happy New Year!!

Back