Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Are there promo codes for current VMP members who wish to preorder the Miles Davis box? Orrrrrr, are there codes for current VMP members who DON'T want to preorder the Miles Davis box (but wouldn't mind if a lapsed VMP member used their code ... if that works at all). :cool:

Asking for a friend.

Are there promo codes for current VMP members who wish to preorder the Miles Davis box? Orrrrrr, are there codes for current VMP members who DON'T want to preorder the Miles Davis box (but wouldn't mind if a lapsed VMP member used their code ... if that works at all). :cool:

Asking for a friend.
If you’re a member you get the member price which is $50 off. If you bought an anthology in the past and are no longer a member, you should have been emailed a coupon. Coupons don’t stack with member discount.

Asking for a friend.
Try this if you did not get the email and you are no longer a member

MD_Electric_2023

Try this if you did not get the email and you are no longer a member

MD_Electric_2023
Thank you! I checked the emails from VMP and there were no presale codes for Miles. (I bought the Blue Note box, but am no longer a VMP member.)

I hope to decide this weekend whether or not I'm in for his Miles box. I have a LOT of Miles, but only two from this box. Trying to decide if it would be worth it.

Last edited:
Thank you! I checked the emails from VMP and there were no presale codes for Miles. (I bought the Blue Note box, but am no longer a VMP member.)

I hope to decide this weekend whether or not I'm in for his Miles box. I have a LOT of Miles, but only two from this box. Trying to decide if it would be worth it.
I think if you like this period and only own 2 from the box, I'd probably buy the box and later sell the other copies you have.

I own 5 of the 7, 4 of which are the MoFis and I'm happy with. I'd love an upgraded copy of Live Evil and don't own Big Fun or Get Up With It. and I'm still tempted by the box set....

Gribbs and I have talked about this one a lot. It really is a great Anthology. I think this will be one that people regretted not getting. I'd be a bit surprised if they repress it considering how slowly it has sold so far.
They’re selling about 2-3 per day. Down to 417, was 426 on Monday.

Glad to see good reviews, I’ll grab it when it’s under 200 or so.

Gribbs and I have talked about this one a lot. It really is a great Anthology. I think this will be one that people regretted not getting. I'd be a bit surprised if they repress it considering how slowly it has sold so far.
I think this was always going to be a bit of a slow burn until people started getting copies in hand and singing its praises. I wouldn't be surprised if sales start to tick up a bit as more and more people see reviews like djsgribbs'.

I've been busy with work all week so only now have had a chance to really start listening to my copy, and let me add my voice to those aforementioned songs of praise. This one is something really special, you guys.

Update: GZ gonna GZ. There's been some occasional crackle at the end of side dead wax for a few of these, and I heard some noticeable pops in Ramsey Lewis... going to try and give it a good cleaning to see if that clears things up.

Cleaning won't save Rotary Connection, though: there's a VERY NOTICEABLE scratch right at the end of Side B. Record was doing just fine and then the last 20 seconds or so becomes a scratchy, skipping mess. So there's gonna be at least one replacement in my future.

Still, Cadet seems to be faring better than my last VMP anthology, Herbie Hancock, which needed over a half-dozen replacements before things were satisfactory.

Back