Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Disc 2 on my Ambrose was one of the dirtiest discs I've ever received. It looked like whatever fluid is used during the manufacturing process had been allowed to dry on the disc. Fortunately, once around the RCM and it looks shiny and bright.

I'm on Disc 1, Side 2 at the moment and I have to say, I'll take digital recordings any day if they're mastered this well for vinyl. It sounds absolutely perfect to my ears. It also may be my favourite album of the bunch, a really great collection of music.

Disc 2 on my Ambrose was one of the dirtiest discs I've ever received. It looked like whatever fluid is used during the manufacturing process had been allowed to dry on the disc. Fortunately, once around the RCM and it looks shiny and bright.

I'm on Disc 1, Side 2 at the moment and I have to say, I'll take digital recordings any day if they're mastered this well for vinyl. It sounds absolutely perfect to my ears. It also may be my favourite album of the bunch, a really great collection of music.
I absolutely love the Ambrose album and agree that the pressing is really incredible, especially with it coming from a digital source. That and the Shorter record are my two favorites from the series.

I posted this in the facebook group but got no answer... what's up with the "discounts" we were supposed to receive?

I never saw anything and the anthology is over. It was specifically listed on the website that discounts were a perk to getting anthology. I might tweet at storf to try to get an answer.

I posted this in the facebook group but got no answer... what's up with the "discounts" we were supposed to receive?

I never saw anything and the anthology is over. It was specifically listed on the website that discounts were a perk to getting anthology. I might tweet at storf to try to get an answer.

Do it.

I did but no response. I suppose I'll email them. The only saving grace for this would be if they give a discount on the next anthology for current anthology members.

Discount for all previous Anthology members! You just need to follow a private link. The link will be communicated to you, and to you only, via a press release on the Billboard website.

Got a response from email today

“If I'm not mistaken, the discount in question is for the upcoming Anthology we're releasing (which we're hoping to announce some time next month), so current Anthology members will save a little coin on that if they're interested in purchasing it. I'm not 100% on that, though, but I'll get clarification tomorrow and keep you posted!”

Looks like it’s going to be a discount on the next anthology.

“If I'm not mistaken, the discount in question is for the upcoming Anthology we're releasing (which we're hoping to announce some time next month), so current Anthology members will save a little coin on that if they're interested in purchasing it. I'm not 100% on that, though, but I'll get clarification tomorrow and keep you posted!”

Seriously? I didn't expect anything great with a discount code, though I thought at first maybe VMP would have some of the BN80 or Tone Poets at a lower price for members. Though I really only expected a code if you bought directly from Blue Note or something along those lines. But this is just yet another joke. Whoever came up with the theory that the Anthology is really performance art, you are are spot on correct.

Seriously? I didn't expect anything great with a discount code, though I thought at first maybe VMP would have some of the BN80 or Tone Poets at a lower price for members. Though I really only expected a code if you bought directly from Blue Note or something along those lines. But this is just yet another joke. Whoever came up with the theory that the Anthology is really performance art, you are are spot on correct.

IMO, the word choice was just poor. They said "and discounts for this group". The word discounts infers multiple discounts... not just one. If they just said "and if this goes well, we'll provide a discount on the next anthology for early adopters!". Considering it sold out in a day, this could have been easily implemented at any time. They could have even waited until now to say hey, thanks for being an Anthology purchaser, we're gonna give you 10% off the next anthology coming next month.

If anything, at least we got some info that the next anthology could be announced next month. Fingers crossed for hip hop.

That doesn't make any sense, assuming the next anthology is a different genre. People who bought a jazz box set would probably be far more likely to take advantage of discounts on other jazz records than, say, rap. Especially when a lot of Anthology purchasers were from the Blue Note mailing list.

Also, the Anthology web page (kinda funny it hasn't updated records 3-6 btw) mentions "We’ll also be dropping exclusive content, AMAs, listening parties, giveaways and discounts for this group." Were there any listening parties?

That doesn't make any sense, assuming the next anthology is a different genre. People who bought a jazz box set would probably be far more likely to take advantage of discounts on other jazz records than, say, rap. Especially when a lot of Anthology purchasers were from the Blue Note mailing list.

Also, the Anthology web page (kinda funny it hasn't updated records 3-6 btw) mentions "We’ll also be dropping exclusive content, AMAs, listening parties, giveaways and discounts for this group." Were there any listening parties?
Also, weren’t they supposed to pick another winner for the Blue Note box if you filled out the survey? Did that ever happen?

Back