Vinyl Me Please Anthology

View attachment 9742
Album #1 in the BlurNowtE AntHorRgy BorX has arrived!
View attachment 9743
Thanks so much @moohoohahaha for this wonderfully seam split Horace! I can't remember what else was wrong with this one, wrong Mono/Stereo labels I think? I'm going to have to label them to keep track of errors...

If anyone has an extra damaged box they don't want lemme know! Or any of the final 3 in damaged form that are kicking around... I'll pay ya... The image of this Frankensteined creation sitting on a shelf makes me laugh to no end, I gotta make it happen... I've got crayons for labeling and everything...

The Sharpie job on the shipping box goes brilliantly with what you're doing too.... :ROFLMAO:

Poorly pressed VMP records (via GZ) and horrible shipping (via Saddle Creek) have been staples of VMP subscriptions. Now add to the equation that VMP are tightening up on reasons for replacing records, excluding corner dings and warps that a nickel won't fit under. If a record or box set is coming from GZ and/or via Saddle Creek, I'm not interested.

Interesting! I'd have felt the set would be far less 'valuable' if the records weren't black. Black records make me perceive that the music is more important than the fashion aspect.

The staggered shipments were a major positive for me as well. There's the time to slowly digest the records that's a big plus for me. Also, like it or not, when you get a VMP record you really need to open it, examine it and spin it right away. Otherwise, if there's a defect, you risk them running out of replacement copies. Having 'tricks up their sleeves', which I take to mean they'd be in a package within a package but all arriving at once, doesn't overcome this; you have to consume everything right away.

That part bugged me too, until I read the liner notes. ;)
Is this nickel thing for real?!

Just submitted my Anthology survey. Don't think I have much of a chance of winning anything once they read my responses.

I slung a lot of vitriol at them as well. I remember closing it with "In short, I feel betrayed by VMP". A few seconds later, I was thinking how nice it would be to win that box.

Can I just put this out there - if anyone wants to part with their messed up records, i'll happily take them off your hands for a decent price. Let me know, thanks!

Seconded, though only in regards to the Bobby Hutcherson album. “Unfortunately” that appears to be the one record VMP didn’t mess up!

Seconded, though only in regards to the Bobby Hutcherson album. “Unfortunately” that appears to be the one record VMP didn’t mess up!
I have to chime in on this as well, and I am specifically looking for Horace 😀. Are they repressing that for the mono label fuck up? I can’t keep it all straight.

im happy to part with these two gems for a decent offer or if you have some vinyl on my discogs want list...

just went through and the only thing I think I have is an extra copy of It Takes A Nation.. but iirc, the cover is pretty beat up. Any idea what you'd want cash wise (plus shipping to Toronto) for the pair?

man i have no idea what these are worth. make me an offer?

just went through and the only thing I think I have is an extra copy of It Takes A Nation.. but iirc, the cover is pretty beat up. Any idea what you'd want cash wise (plus shipping to Toronto) for the pair?

the survey was good. probably could have been better, but for what they asked about it was nice to offer feedback.

when discussing future anthologies, i asked for a classical anthology. i wouldn't mind a label anthology (e.g. deutsche grammophon) of works from composers over different eras or an anthology of different era works by a specific conductor/orchestra.

i did say that if they have an insistence to keep on working with now-again that they do it in anthology form because i have no interest in receiving any more monthly track records from that partnership.

the survey was good. probably could have been better, but for what they asked about it was nice to offer feedback.

when discussing future anthologies, i asked for a classical anthology. i wouldn't mind a label anthology (e.g. deutsche grammophon) of works from composers over different eras or an anthology of different era works by a specific composer/orchestra.

i did say that if they have an insistence to keep on working with now-again that they do it in anthology form because i have no interest in receiving any more monthly track records from that partnership.

I'm curious as to why the opposition to partnering with Now Again? Although I don't think they've necessarily given their premiere titles to VMP, as a reissue label, they're pretty damn solid.

they can partner with now-again all they want, and my comment is not meant as an insult to now-again as a label, i just don't need any more monthly track records from that partnership- they have been among my least enjoyed/least listened to aotms, and any argument that these are 'essential' or important records worth having in ones collection hasn't really ever flown with me (same goes for any new release records, while i'm on it). not to mention that these choices are specifically influenced by that partnership rather than being a record chosen organically. at this point in vmp's history, any track record put out is probably released with this influence present, but at least with a major label like sony/columbia we're getting things like fiona apple and the fugees where it can be argued reasonably that they are worthy of anyones record collection because of their popularity and importance/significance to their era. the now-again partnership would be better off utilized in a 'crate digger' type track (or an anthology).

Back