Vinyl Me Please Anthology

im laughing at what i just realized is the funniest thing about the vmp forums destruction. even if they finally ymake a new one and its all shiny n shit - everyone that meant something to that site is now locked in over here. sooooo whats the point of them ever putting a forum back together. this is more hilarious when i see comments on their insta to check out needles and grooves. if i was an owner or employee of vmp id realize that now i have zero control over anything.
I can't possibly imagine what could make me go back to whatever it is they replace the old forum with (if in fact they really do). Pauly vaguely referred to something that would possibly entice people over or "bridge" people back, but whatever that is would have to be like 10 million times more game changing than CD art on an LP jacket.

This reminds me of our group's most famous medium mishap. @Vebberim really struggled to fit these Blink 182 LPs on his turntable. (That's one for the old crew)!

View attachment 2191
Isn’t that amusing I have that very same cd box set. Guess what I thought I was ordering? 🤨
May I redirect you to

Like I’ve said elswhere, “every thread can be a dad joke thread if you want it to be.”

I can't possibly imagine what could make me go back to whatever it is they replace the old forum with (if in fact they really do). Pauly vaguely referred to something that would possibly entice people over or "bridge" people back, but whatever that is would have to be like 10 million times more game changing than CD art on an LP jacket.

I am with you. After all the work our administrators had to build this forum in less than 48h, there is NO WAY I go back to a VMP forum.

Not even to cause mayhem and complain about their inevitable regular fuck ups?

Nop, I think I am done with VMP. They can release their Fiona exclusives, QOTSA or Frank Ocean AoTMs or whatever. It's not a question of products now, it's a question of people and the respect they give, or they don't give actually, to some of their most loyal customers.

Nop, I think I am done with VMP. They can release their Fiona exclusives, QOTSA or Frank Ocean AoTMs or whatever. It's not a question of products now, it's a question of people and the respect they give, or they don't give actually, to some of their most loyal customers.

I’d like to think I’m this principled but a QOTSA Songs For The Deaf would lead me to ditch all principles...

So, as the posts that excuse the cover label and other problems with anthology build over on Facebook, I just want to apologize for being that guy two years back. They really are obnoxious.
Also, how in the hell is the one guy who has been trolling @Enoch not banned already?
I like these reports, you're like a soldier or an explorer who's been to a strange land I will never see with my own eyes. I sense an exhaustion, and a relief to be back home. Tell us more, brave @Lee Newman

So, as the posts that excuse the cover label and other problems with anthology build over on Facebook, I just want to apologize for being that guy two years back. They really are obnoxious.

Also, how in the hell is the one guy who has been trolling @Enoch not banned already?

I’m not really seeing what’s going on over there, but it’s obvious VMP wanted more control over dissent. Very few posts are created to encourage interaction. They could have done a lot more to encourage this, but they expected the community to generate everything. It’s lame. As I’ve repeatedly said cache is Irwin is the only person generating content that is of any value. They should have hired him, but Storf in the AMA said, we don’t want to hire a videographer.” He’s not really that. He’s actually encouraging everybody to have a deeper understanding and appreciation for that they are listening to.

Back