Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Hmmm. Explains why they haven't shipped my box. They obviously don't have it.

On another note was spinning my Rhino 2011 WMD before. Looking forward to comparing the box version but it'll really have to go some if it's bettering it. Are yours in any sort of shape to do a comparison?
Unfortunately I don’t have the Rhino WMD to compare with. I can only assume there won’t be too much difference in quality.

Just got a reply from VMP regarding the Dead Anthology:

“Hey Jonny,

Thanks for reaching out and for your support of VMP! I am so sorry to hear that you have received some damaged or defective albums in your GD Box Set. We will be has some new copies of those damaged titles sent out your way once we receive our shipment of those in late November. Be on the lookout for an email with tracking information for those replacements in late November or early December.

We apologize for the inconvenience and I hope this finds you well. Feel free to reach back out should you need anything else or have any further questions :)

Matt
Customer Support Agent
VMP”
Did you send video or pictures of everything? Or just told them what was wrong?

Unfortunately I don’t have the Rhino WMD to compare with. I can only assume there won’t be too much difference in quality.
I'm inclined to agree but will probably be able to convince myself otherwise if I try hard enough. I thought the recent Wake of the Flood had a Plangent step but now I'm not so sure but that may have been interesting to look at too

Wow, that’s crazy! Reckoning is fine for me and no issues on WAN either. That’s really strange though how it’s the same records.
What cart do you use? I have the 2M Black, any chance you've got something with a Shibata diamond as well?

Linn Krystal moving coil cart. It’s a nude diamond that does pickup quite a bit of surface noise.
Alright yes so THAT'S likely why we're hearing the same issues on the same discs. Because likely most people are not running carts nearly as detailed as ours. For better or worse.... It's a bit disconcerting though because it likely means this is more widespread of an issue if we've both pinpointed the exact same issues with the same discs.

YOU SEE THIS GUYS!? I'M NOT CRAZY! THERE'S SOMEONE ELSE HERE NOW THAT HAS THE SAME ISSUES AS ME!

@greeny400 you can't leave, I need you here to confirm I'm not insane.

Alright yes so THAT'S likely why we're hearing the same issues on the same discs. Because likely most people are not running carts nearly as detailed as ours. For better or worse.... It's a bit disconcerting though because it likely means this is more widespread of an issue if we've both pinpointed the exact same issues with the same discs.

YOU SEE THIS GUYS!? I'M NOT CRAZY! THERE'S SOMEONE ELSE HERE NOW THAT HAS THE SAME ISSUES AS ME!

You are not insane mate and neither am I. We know what we hear on these godforsaken records! Yeah, I’m just waiting for more people to get their sets and see if the problems are larger than they seem at the moment.

Confirmed, @greeny400 is a sock account for @Mathew Chupacabra J.D. ;)

Back