Vinyl Me, D: A Free Record Club - Year Two Official Thread - 36 Winners - Like The First Post, You're In For 2024 - 90 Free Records Given Away So Far

Looks like my package is set to arrive tomorrow. Am I the last? If so I can do the reveal if desired.
@Russ I is waiting for his as well. It's in Salt Lake City but still shows a 12-12 ETA. Y'all keep each other informed on our DM thread and when everyone has theirs unboxed feel free to let 'er rip.

Indeed the goods have arrived! Mentioned in the group DM that the Moon Duo is a trippy listen. Looking forward to spending more time with it. I tried Duke Pearson with the fam and that didn't work out so well haha! So I'm going to have to find time to listen to it alone. Sounds like there are some interesting takes on familiar holiday fare, so should be fun.

Listening to Moon Duo....dig it. Been a while since I've listened to washed-out psych. The second track, "In The Trees", was giving me heavy Acid Mothers Temple vibe. Good stuff.
Check out Rose City Band if you're digging that, Ripley's other project. A little Americana feel mixed in with the psych.

I put on Duke Pearson while wrapping gifts this morning and it was nice 'n pleasant. It's a nice addition to my small collection of holiday music.

Here's what I said in the DM thread about Moon Duo:

Yeah, Moon Duo blew me away. I wasn't familiar with them or Wooden Shjips but this music harkens back to a time in my life (long ago, longer than I'd care to admit) when I was listening to lots of psychedelic and post-rock. I was on board with this album from its opening note.

Big shout out again to @Yer Ol' Uncle D

This stuff (both the music and community gesture) is superb.

You were my Secret Santa a couple years back and, although the band as a name was familiar to me, I'd never listened to The Church. You sent me Starfish (and a great Intervention Records pressing at that!) and I still love it.

Solid fella and I'd buy ya a beer!

Back