Upcoming/Recent Shows

One of the more anticipated shows coming to Blossom Music Center this summer was tonight. Chris Stapleton with Marcus King and The War & Treaty. Having seen all 3 multiple times, I was curious if each would bring something new today.

The War & Treaty have stunning voices, but I found their songs to be a bit sleepy today. The big song that they did with Zach Bryan was cool to hear for the 1st time though.
PXL_20240531_230929886.jpg

The last time I had seen Marcus King, the sound was atrocious, so I was very excited to see him again. Brass section was a great add to the band, and he sounded pretty fantastic. Really good to see.
PXL_20240601_000131059.jpg

Chris's set was also a little sleepy. A lot of the game crowd gimmicks that I've seen him do for years now. Sounded great for what he played, but I left a little disappointed, honestly. But Mickey Rafael and Paul Franklin in the band right now so that was cool.
PXL_20240601_011431425.jpg

Last edited:
Sarah McLachlan ~ Rady Shell San Diego, 6/2/2024

Sarah brought the 30th anniversary tour of Fumbling Through Ecstasy through last night. I think its our 5th time seeing her (first was on the 2nd iteration of the Lilith Fair w/ Erykah Badu, Natalie Merchant, and Indigo Girls which was a hell of a show). She remains an amazing performer with genuine audience interaction & appreciation, and still has a spectacular voice. The full run through of Fumbling brought back tons of memories.

Fiest opened up which made for a strong double bill.

IMG_7724.jpegIMG_7730.jpeg

Thinking about seeing Horsegirl in a few weeks. Question for my fellow thirties and up crowd: do you use ear plugs? Any recommendations or will cheap ones do? I’ve never used them for live music but I have some documented hearing loss so wanna test the waters.

Thinking about seeing Horsegirl in a few weeks. Question for my fellow thirties and up crowd: do you use ear plugs? Any recommendations or will cheap ones do? I’ve never used them for live music but I have some documented hearing loss so wanna test the waters.
i've used these for going on 20 years now. they mostly just take the sound down and at this point, i don't notice much loss of clarity, but i also find concerts without them to be miserable.

I had my right eardrum blown out at a U2 show in '97 and have hearing loss as a result. I am very bad, and rarely wear earplugs. I did buy the below linked ones on the recommendation of someone on this forum, and have used them a handful of times. They worked wonders when I was at a National show and Soccer Mommy was opening - the mix was terrible, so much bass that was actually painful.

www.amazon.com/Hearprotek-Reduction-Protection-Musicians-Nightclub/dp/B08PBQFQH6/

Saw Kenny Chesney with Megan Moroney on Thursday. Moroney was very forgettable and made me wonder why she's getting so much hype from the Nashville establishment. Chesney was a fun time. He was battling a bad cough throughout, but as someone who doesn't know that style of country well I thought his band was super fun.

PXL_20240607_000356245.MP.jpg

PXL_20240607_005036949.jpg

Then this afternoon was a taping at the local station with Red Wanting Blue. I think their new album is some of the best work they've ever done, so I was happy to hear it live and electric unlike the acoustic special set I saw back in March.

PXL_20240609_171729588.MP.jpg

Knocked Loose night 2 of 3 of their special hometown shows last night. Every night sold out. One of the rowdiest shows I've ever attended. Been to this venue a bunch and never seen an entire ground floor participate in a wall of death before.

Been really cool seeing these guys blow up recently. If you're a fan of heavy music at all, you gotta check out their new record.

20240614_224254.jpg

20240614_222343.jpg

20240614_231235.jpg

loudest show

Agreed. Did you catch the opener Bill Nace? Not sure I am enough of an audiophile to understand what he was doing, but damn my ears! 5 minutes of him punching just one button had me thinking of reaching for the power plug. lol

PXL_20240618_000703609.NIGHT.jpg

Kim Gordon was great. Her band looked like they were teenagers, but boy did they bring it!

PXL_20240618_012317259.NIGHT.jpg

I am always impressed with a pedal board ...
PXL_20240618_004353114.NIGHT.jpg

Agreed. Did you catch the opener Bill Nace? Not sure I am enough of an audiophile to understand what he was doing, but damn my ears! 5 minutes of him punching just one button had me thinking of reaching for the power plug. lol

View attachment 206174

Kim Gordon was great. Her band looked like they were teenagers, but boy did they bring it!

View attachment 206176

I am always impressed with a pedal board ...
View attachment 206177
I make the same kind of stuff Bill does, so I kept trying to get a peak of his pedals lol I enjoyed it, but the one note part was a bit much.

I'm glad I brought my earplugs though, I was just chilling and felt like I was getting hit with a leaf blower the whole night. People were just sitting there with naked ear holes and I thought literally how.

Back