Upcoming/Recent Shows

One of the more anticipated shows coming to Blossom Music Center this summer was tonight. Chris Stapleton with Marcus King and The War & Treaty. Having seen all 3 multiple times, I was curious if each would bring something new today.

The War & Treaty have stunning voices, but I found their songs to be a bit sleepy today. The big song that they did with Zach Bryan was cool to hear for the 1st time though.
PXL_20240531_230929886.jpg

The last time I had seen Marcus King, the sound was atrocious, so I was very excited to see him again. Brass section was a great add to the band, and he sounded pretty fantastic. Really good to see.
PXL_20240601_000131059.jpg

Chris's set was also a little sleepy. A lot of the game crowd gimmicks that I've seen him do for years now. Sounded great for what he played, but I left a little disappointed, honestly. But Mickey Rafael and Paul Franklin in the band right now so that was cool.
PXL_20240601_011431425.jpg

Last edited:
Sarah McLachlan ~ Rady Shell San Diego, 6/2/2024

Sarah brought the 30th anniversary tour of Fumbling Through Ecstasy through last night. I think its our 5th time seeing her (first was on the 2nd iteration of the Lilith Fair w/ Erykah Badu, Natalie Merchant, and Indigo Girls which was a hell of a show). She remains an amazing performer with genuine audience interaction & appreciation, and still has a spectacular voice. The full run through of Fumbling brought back tons of memories.

Fiest opened up which made for a strong double bill.

IMG_7724.jpegIMG_7730.jpeg

Thinking about seeing Horsegirl in a few weeks. Question for my fellow thirties and up crowd: do you use ear plugs? Any recommendations or will cheap ones do? I’ve never used them for live music but I have some documented hearing loss so wanna test the waters.

Thinking about seeing Horsegirl in a few weeks. Question for my fellow thirties and up crowd: do you use ear plugs? Any recommendations or will cheap ones do? I’ve never used them for live music but I have some documented hearing loss so wanna test the waters.
i've used these for going on 20 years now. they mostly just take the sound down and at this point, i don't notice much loss of clarity, but i also find concerts without them to be miserable.

I had my right eardrum blown out at a U2 show in '97 and have hearing loss as a result. I am very bad, and rarely wear earplugs. I did buy the below linked ones on the recommendation of someone on this forum, and have used them a handful of times. They worked wonders when I was at a National show and Soccer Mommy was opening - the mix was terrible, so much bass that was actually painful.

www.amazon.com/Hearprotek-Reduction-Protection-Musicians-Nightclub/dp/B08PBQFQH6/

i've used these for going on 20 years now. they mostly just take the sound down and at this point, i don't notice much loss of clarity, but i also find concerts without them to be miserable.

Those are the same ones I've used for years. Makes things a little more muddled IMO, but worth it now that my ears don't ring for days after a show anymore.

Saw Kenny Chesney with Megan Moroney on Thursday. Moroney was very forgettable and made me wonder why she's getting so much hype from the Nashville establishment. Chesney was a fun time. He was battling a bad cough throughout, but as someone who doesn't know that style of country well I thought his band was super fun.

PXL_20240607_000356245.MP.jpg

PXL_20240607_005036949.jpg

Then this afternoon was a taping at the local station with Red Wanting Blue. I think their new album is some of the best work they've ever done, so I was happy to hear it live and electric unlike the acoustic special set I saw back in March.

PXL_20240609_171729588.MP.jpg

Knocked Loose night 2 of 3 of their special hometown shows last night. Every night sold out. One of the rowdiest shows I've ever attended. Been to this venue a bunch and never seen an entire ground floor participate in a wall of death before.

Been really cool seeing these guys blow up recently. If you're a fan of heavy music at all, you gotta check out their new record.

20240614_224254.jpg

20240614_222343.jpg

20240614_231235.jpg

Back