UK Members

ByersVinyl

Link to Internation PIF thread (the thread with all the love)

https://www.needlesandgrooves.com/threads/the-international-pay-it-forward-thread.76/

I cant find this one - And well it was comforting

Im gonna tag in a few people, I will miss a few - its early !

@Mr Moore @Thackeraye @anazapela @hamicle @Captainfog @Joe Mac @Selaws @foks @MigraineBoy @Bsdmr2 @Allyngr @Ed Selley @Gavaxeman

Given we mainly just posted - Got a shipping notification and then further progress - My input might be minimal. I need to google UK based Vinyl subscription services - Any good ones ?

Last edited:
I cant find this one - And well it was comforting

Im gonna tag in a few people, I will miss a few - its early !

@Mr Moore @Thackeraye @anazapela @hamicle @Captainfog @Joe Mac

Given we mainly just posted - Got a shipping notification and then further progress - My input might be minimal. I need to google UK based Vinyl subscription services - Any good ones ?
I was hoping a UK thread would appear!

There's an Irish one that's been mentioned a few times (i think there's a thread for it now too) called Loves Vinyl... seems decent

Wax & Stamp any good ?
Value for money at least - Lot more in terms of quantity for my money !

Less is sometimes more tho......

I did Flying Vinyl for a few months, a box of five 7” singles for £20 delivered every month. Mostly up and coming indie rock and moody synth pop. Festival fodder, I suppose.

It’s really well done but I found I couldn’t really get excited about most of the music featured.

Had a fantastic update this morning 'Your parcel is out for delivery with Ishmael.'!!!!!! So unless Ishmael gets lost I should have a package waiting for me when I get back. My last big VMP package for a while.

Just to repeat what @hamicle has said, I also joined Flying Vinyl for a while. Its a nice package of records but in all honesty they can be picked up individually on discogs for £1-£2. If your really into indie then I recommend it as its a nice mix, but after a couple packages I kind of gave up.

@ByersVinyl I have heard of Wax & Stamp and saw that they had 'Better Oblivion Community Center' as one of their picks, which is a fantastic album. The only thing I would say is that there doesnt seem to be anything special about the pressing (unless I missread?). In which case I cant see whats stopping people just going out and finding it cheaper themselves? Like take BOCC as an example and it can be picked up for £17 whicle Wax & Stamp cost £31 plus postage (albeit with an additional EP/Single). Unless I am missing something here?

I did Flying Vinyl for a few months, a box of five 7” singles for £20 delivered every month. Mostly up and coming indie rock and moody synth pop. Festival fodder, I suppose.

It’s really well done but I found I couldn’t really get excited about most of the music featured.
Had a fantastic update this morning 'Your parcel is out for delivery with Ishmael.'!!!!!! So unless Ishmael gets lost I should have a package waiting for me when I get back. My last big VMP package for a while.

Just to repeat what @hamicle has said, I also joined Flying Vinyl for a while. Its a nice package of records but in all honesty they can be picked up individually on discogs for £1-£2. If your really into indie then I recommend it as its a nice mix, but after a couple packages I kind of gave up.

@ByersVinyl I have heard of Wax & Stamp and saw that they had 'Better Oblivion Community Center' as one of their picks, which is a fantastic album. The only thing I would say is that there doesnt seem to be anything special about the pressing (unless I missread?). In which case I cant see whats stopping people just going out and finding it cheaper themselves? Like take BOCC as an example and it can be picked up for £17 whicle Wax & Stamp cost £31 plus postage (albeit with an additional EP/Single). Unless I am missing something here?

Yeah I had similar views on both these after googling.
I just want a club that can press some exclusives ideally UK based (or Ireland). But I still like the idea of being curated some music. Hell Id still bbuy the records if we did a Needles & Grooves pick of the month. But it might not keep its momemtum.

I just want a club that can press some exclusives ideally UK based (or Ireland). But I still like the idea of being curated some music. Hell Id still bbuy the records if we did a Needles & Grooves pick of the month. But it might not keep its momemtum.
Hopefully once theres a solid template set up for the Needles & Grooves ROTM it should run quite well......fingers crossed!

Take a look at the loves vinyl forum and then the club! New club here in Dublin!

East Midlands based. Vale of Belvoir to be precise. So quite fortunate to have decent record stores in Nottingham close enough.

East Midlands based. Vale of Belvoir to be precise. So quite fortunate to have decent record stores in Nottingham close enough.

There are great record stores in Nottingham! I used to bunk of school all the time as a teenager and get the train into Nottingham and wander around the then cd stores!

I’m a native of Mansfield in west Notts, left at 18 for uni though and never returned!

Back