UK Members

They did relaunch the pure points last week so that might have messed it up.. if you go to the music pre orders section and then hit search , you can also buy store items ..been useful on some of their sale items

Yeah it was a couple of sale items I had in my basket, was going to send them to my dad and pick them up at Christmas to burn up the £30 I had left in my uk bank account that’s burning a hole in my pocket 😂

I have a boring question for you fine folk today. Well, more of a massive annoyance than anything.

I recently bought an item on ebay from America, using their global shipping program. The seller successfully delivered it to the USA ebay depot, and ebay then shipped it over here where Hermes took over delivery. The item was supposedly delivered and signed for on Friday, but I never received it. I checked with the concierge and no Hermes delivery was attempted, he also checked the CCTV and no one made a delivery attempt. I checked with all my neighbours in our buildings group chat, and also went next door to check their apartment blocks post room - to no avail.

After numerous back and forth emails with Ebay they gave me a police report form which needed to be filled out, so I reluctantly took it to my local police station and they said that they would never give a case reference for such instances. They gave me a stamped and signed letter saying this, which I sent to ebay.

Ebay is now telling me that in order to refund me they HAVE to have a non-delivery form from Hermes, and here lies my issue. Hermes are IMPOSSIBLE to contact. I have tried their online chat (which is automatic and loops back to the 'how can we help' when you click the assistance button), their online email form will not send as it is stating the parcel number (which has to be included) claims it is delivered, and their phone number is automatic and cuts off once the status of the package has been given.

Im pulling my hair out over this, it is quite a costly record once shipping and expected customs was added (just under £40) but more to the point im just fuming that it is so difficult to obtain the refund at this point.

Has anyone had any similar problems?

Did you use PayPal? You should be able to claim back via them.

Did you use PayPal? You should be able to claim back via them.
I did but it gets more complicated than that. So over the past week I have been battling with ebay and Hermes over this (its the point of principal now, I refuse to back down!). Basically ebay are saying they will refund me in full but they require a 'non-delivery form/letter' from Hermes. Hermes are almost impossible to contact (other than a shitty automated system that has so many flaws) but eventually I found a way to talk to a real person.

Hermes refused to provide me with anything until their senior team had talked to the driver (who originally claimed it was delivered and signed for). After I told them that I have CCTV showing no deliveries that day, and that they are able to send someone to view this, Hermes then said that the driver actually didn't give a clear statement and that they will report back with more info. All of this time I just keep saying at this point im not interested in the parcel anymore (as theres almost no way its going to turn up) but just want this form!!

Super annoying but its seems like im 1 step away from getting the form and passing it onto ebay for the refund. Its a tricky situation as the seller delivered it to ebay successfully, it was ebays global shipping service (which used Hermes) that failed to deliver it to me. So if I went through paypal to get the refund it would be the seller that would not get his money, whereas the way I am trying to do it will refund me through ebays insurance.

I did but it gets more complicated than that. So over the past week I have been battling with ebay and Hermes over this (its the point of principal now, I refuse to back down!). Basically ebay are saying they will refund me in full but they require a 'non-delivery form/letter' from Hermes. Hermes are almost impossible to contact (other than a shitty automated system that has so many flaws) but eventually I found a way to talk to a real person.

Hermes refused to provide me with anything until their senior team had talked to the driver (who originally claimed it was delivered and signed for). After I told them that I have CCTV showing no deliveries that day, and that they are able to send someone to view this, Hermes then said that the driver actually didn't give a clear statement and that they will report back with more info. All of this time I just keep saying at this point im not interested in the parcel anymore (as theres almost no way its going to turn up) but just want this form!!

Super annoying but its seems like im 1 step away from getting the form and passing it onto ebay for the refund. Its a tricky situation as the seller delivered it to ebay successfully, it was ebays global shipping service (which used Hermes) that failed to deliver it to me. So if I went through paypal to get the refund it would be the seller that would not get his money, whereas the way I am trying to do it will refund me through ebays insurance.

That makes sense. Hope you get it sorted out. Is the Hermes depot close to you?

That makes sense. Hope you get it sorted out. Is the Hermes depot close to you?
Its actually not too far but in the middle of nowhere. I haven't had a car for years so its pretty tricky to get to unfortunately.

Its actually not too far but in the middle of nowhere. I haven't had a car for years so its pretty tricky to get to unfortunately.
I once visited a Hermes depot... it was absolute chaos , how they deliver anything correctly is beyond me, overloaded pallets everywhere , no one in charge , drivers who all looked totally disinterested , parcels being chucked around .. took an hour to find my stuff that they had allegedly attempted to deliver (on the day in question no one knocked my door for sure but they wouldn’t have it ) .. only place worse is Yodel

I once visited a Hermes depot... it was absolute chaos , how they deliver anything correctly is beyond me, overloaded pallets everywhere , no one in charge , drivers who all looked totally disinterested , parcels being chucked around .. took an hour to find my stuff that they had allegedly attempted to deliver (on the day in question no one knocked my door for sure but they wouldn’t have it ) .. only place worse is Yodel
Sounds like a nightmare! Yodel sucks, they were another that kept saying they hand delivered the parcel to a 'middle aged white man' who signed for it, until of course I offered to send them a copy of the CCTV from that day which showed they were blatantly lying.

Because I know you have all been on the edge of your seats in anticipation here I thought I would update you all:

Today I FINALLY managed to obtain a refund from ebay. Just to iterate how incredibly difficult it is to do so here's the steps I had to take:
- Went to my local police station to obtain a reference number. Was told they never give out references for missing packages as it is the sellers (ebay) responsibility. Received a dated and stamped letter from them stating this. Sent this to ebay and was told...and im not kidding here.... that the letter was not valid as it was stamped by 'The MET Police' and not the Police. Had to explain that the MET Police are the police and was told they by ebay that they were not the same.
- Obtained an email from Hermes stating they talked to the driver who confirmed it wasn't delivered even though the tracking states it was. Ebay told me that the confirmation didn't matter as the tracking stated it was delivered.
- Obtained another email from Hermes stating they 'lost' the package and required the seller to contact them. Ebay stated that the address was not included on the email so they couldn't confirm it was my package (it had the tracking number on the email).
- Asked Ebay to send a list of EVERYTHING they required. Sent this list to Hermes and received an email with each one ticked off with the required information. Sent to Ebay and was told that the tracking number was missing. I emailed them back saying its on there, highlighted, as 'Parcel Number'. Provided a link to the tracking website with the number pre-loaded. Received an email back stating it was not the same thing.
- Asked ebay to send the email to their manager. Was told I had to provide the correct info first. I asked them to highlight what part was missing and they said 'it is all required'.
-Asked ebay to cancel all current items I have listed for sale, and to deactivate my account.
-Received an email from a customer service manager stating they double checked the information I provided and have issued a full refund.

In total I sent 22 emails to Ebay, 19 emails to Hermes, visited my local Police station once, called Ebay 4 times, talked to the seller (who is at no way at fault) 4 times.

Ebay and Hermes suck.

Some websites are useful and i wouldnt want to lose my account. But i could definitely live without Ebay.

Because I know you have all been on the edge of your seats in anticipation here I thought I would update you all:

Today I FINALLY managed to obtain a refund from ebay. Just to iterate how incredibly difficult it is to do so here's the steps I had to take:
- Went to my local police station to obtain a reference number. Was told they never give out references for missing packages as it is the sellers (ebay) responsibility. Received a dated and stamped letter from them stating this. Sent this to ebay and was told...and im not kidding here.... that the letter was not valid as it was stamped by 'The MET Police' and not the Police. Had to explain that the MET Police are the police and was told they by ebay that they were not the same.
- Obtained an email from Hermes stating they talked to the driver who confirmed it wasn't delivered even though the tracking states it was. Ebay told me that the confirmation didn't matter as the tracking stated it was delivered.
- Obtained another email from Hermes stating they 'lost' the package and required the seller to contact them. Ebay stated that the address was not included on the email so they couldn't confirm it was my package (it had the tracking number on the email).
- Asked Ebay to send a list of EVERYTHING they required. Sent this list to Hermes and received an email with each one ticked off with the required information. Sent to Ebay and was told that the tracking number was missing. I emailed them back saying its on there, highlighted, as 'Parcel Number'. Provided a link to the tracking website with the number pre-loaded. Received an email back stating it was not the same thing.
- Asked ebay to send the email to their manager. Was told I had to provide the correct info first. I asked them to highlight what part was missing and they said 'it is all required'.
-Asked ebay to cancel all current items I have listed for sale, and to deactivate my account.
-Received an email from a customer service manager stating they double checked the information I provided and have issued a full refund.

In total I sent 22 emails to Ebay, 19 emails to Hermes, visited my local Police station once, called Ebay 4 times, talked to the seller (who is at no way at fault) 4 times.

Ebay and Hermes suck.

crazy how much time and work cost this thing ended up costing everyone involved...
glad you got your money back though

crazy how much time and work cost this thing ended up costing everyone involved...
glad you got your money back though
Yeah exactly what I thought. It got to the point where I was being stubborn and refused to give in. Its like they purposely put walls up to prevent you getting your money back.

Hi Guys

All those signed up for Secret Santa :

Anyone else got good ideas for dealing with US based Santee.
Was banking on getting a European based recipient.
Seems like will be fairly standard - Have this sent straight from US Site ?

Hi Guys

All those signed up for Secret Santa :

Anyone else got good ideas for dealing with US based Santee.
Was banking on getting a European based recipient.
Seems like will be fairly standard - Have this sent straight from US Site ?
I have been paired up with a US Santee. They didnt seem to leave a list of local stores unfortunately so I might end up having to go on Amazon US and get some bits sent from there. Otherwise I will hunt down a store close to them on google maps and try and sort something out there.

I have been paired up with a US Santee. They didnt seem to leave a list of local stores unfortunately so I might end up having to go on Amazon US and get some bits sent from there. Otherwise I will hunt down a store close to them on google maps and try and sort something out there.
yeah my thinking too.
I’m not going to suggest it given work gone into arranging - but a shame we can’t pull all the uk-us mixes together pile them in groups and rearrange to suit locations.

I’m also US, but I’m currently in Melbourne. Bit of a logistical nightmare. Think I might just order stuff now to come to me in Glasgow, and then post it out from there. The alternative would be to order from Amazon US, as there doesn’t appear to be a good record store close to them.

I tried the same - but my chosen vinyl wasn't available through any of the local stores.
Im happy with pick - just a shame I couldn't personalise it - Wouldnt even let me gift wrap it on Amazon

Back