Tour T-Shirts

Selaws

I saw @Widget revived the fantastic Concert/Gig Posters! thread, and while I don't have many posters I do have a load of Tour T-shirts picked up at various gigs across the years. Rather than clog up the Concert/Gig Poster thread I thought I would make this thread and add some here. I figure even if im the only one to post every few days I have enough to keep it alive for a while :ROFLMAO:

These are what i have.....double stacked with more at the back.

#4: Last long sleeves

Left: Really enjoyed Alestorm as a preteen, though I have yet to listen to their music since. Saw this for really cheap at a vinyl / music event and picked it up. Probably my favorite long-sleeve just because of how nice it feels.

Middle: Radiohead - Hail to the Thief. Listened to a couple of songs off of this an infinite amount of times as a kid. Saw it for like $40 on Depop and picked it up there.

Right: My first piece of Clarence Clarity merch. Has a few holes in it but I'd never throw it away. Was sold on his webstore for a limited time.

View attachment 9509

#5: Hoodies

Left: Other piece of Clarence Clarity merch. It was my favorite hoodie for a while, and it's still really nice, but I got this new one from one of Kevin Abstract's fashion brands and it's incredible. This one was also sold on his webstore but is now gone.

Right: Death Grips hoodie. I don't listen to them much anymore, but I really fucked with the design on this. I think it's still available online.

View attachment 9510
I've got that Clarence merch too, his designs are always crazy good. Also got a Steroids-themed DG hoodie that I depressingly don't know where I put, which is a shame because that was the comfiest hoodie I've ever had in my life.

While I do like band t-shirts I generally stay away from tour shirts - just a weird preference of mine, I tend not to like their specifically dated nature. That being said, when I saw the R.E.M. was selling original tour shirts from the first concert I ever went to, I had to pick one up.

I was initially a little skeptical that these were genuine 25-year-old shirts that had been dug out of a warehouse, but having received mine I can vouch for its authenticity. I had to run it through the laundry 3 times before it stopped smelling.

Man, I have so much regret for not picking up a shirt looking back at some of the great tours I've attended. And I also miss some awesome shirts I bought in my teens/20's that I threw away.

That being said, I happen to be wearing this today:

View attachment 9524
Ahh that’s fantastic. I’m seeing Kishi Bashi later in the year so will definitely be picking this up!!

#2: The rest of this below is just official merch I've bought.

Left: Massive Attack - Mezzanine '98 Tour Shirt replica. Was available on the bands webstore for a while but it looks to be sold out now.

Right: Jeff MangumJ hand drawn shirt. I believe he sold this at his solo shows earlier this decade. Were definitely available on his webstore earlier this year but it now seems to be sold out too.

View attachment 9507

I have a ton of tour/band shirts...I'll be posting a lot of them. I used to have even more, but lost about 20 when they were stolen at a laundromat. The one I regret losing the most was a Massive Attack Eurochild I bought on the Protection tour...it was perfect!
I've even searched for a vintage replacement, but no luck so far.

Although this shirt fits a tad small, it’s my favorite tour shirt I own. Love how it’s specific to the date and Minnesota. Plus it was the first time I experienced Ween live (got into them around the time of their unfortunate hiatus/breakup)
SheP4aQ.jpg

k4Q1vPj.jpg

Little Simz, Stillness in Wonderland Tour, The 02 Arena, London, UK, 05/12/2017 & Somerset House, 12/07/2018

Following on from my last post I saw Little Simz twice, as an opener for Gorillaz in 2017 and The Roots 2018. Fantastic musician and seems like an all-round nice person from the interviews I have seen.

While I do like band t-shirts I generally stay away from tour shirts - just a weird preference of mine, I tend not to like their specifically dated nature. That being said, when I saw the R.E.M. was selling original tour shirts from the first concert I ever went to, I had to pick one up.

I was initially a little skeptical that these were genuine 25-year-old shirts that had been dug out of a warehouse, but having received mine I can vouch for its authenticity. I had to run it through the laundry 3 times before it stopped smelling.

aaaand now I'm buying the long sleeve monster shirt. these are great!

Back