Top 50 Hip-Hop/Rap Albums Of All Time.

Basically, besides the first row, these aren't in any real order. I don't know how any of you can really determine what makes #43 better than #44 or whatever.

This is what I came up with as someone who mostly listens to 2010's hip hop. You won't really see anything mainstream from the 90's because I haven't gotten around to listening to any of that stuff yet. Not really too worried about listening to the classics.

If you've been keeping up with rap you'll recognize most of my list, but I encourage you to check out what you don't recognize. Some real gems on here.

View attachment 5345

And then here is the list of names
----------------------------------------
  • Isaiah Rashad - The Sun's Tirade
  • Dr. Dre - Chronic 2001
  • Vince Staples - Summertime '06
  • Signor Benedick the Moor - El Negro
  • cLOUDDEAD - cLOUDDEAD
  • Danny Brown - XXX
  • Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city
  • Camu Tao - King of Hearts
  • Kanye West - Late Registration
  • Milo - who told you to think??!!?!?!?!

• Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS Wave
  • Alias & DoseOne - Less Is Orchestra
  • Nacho Picasso & Blue Sky Black Death - Stoned & Dethroned
  • Saba - care for me
  • Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
  • El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead
  • A$AP Rocky - TESTING
  • Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia Demo
  • Obongjayar - Creeping
  • Signor Benedick the Moor - Maiden Voyage Suite

• TEDY ANDREAS - Mad iLLusions
  • Ka - Honor Killed the Samurai
  • Anderson .Paak - Malibu
  • Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
  • Reaching Quiet - In The Shadow Of The Living Room
  • Busdriver - Perfect Hair
  • clipping. - Splendor & Misery
  • Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak
  • Earl Sweatshirt - Solace
  • Kanye West - The College Dropout

• Travi$ Scott - Days Before Rodeo
  • Flatbush ZOMBiES - Better Off DEAD
  • Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid
  • Earl Sweatshirt - I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside: An Album by Earl Sweatshirt
  • Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
  • Earl Sweatshirt - some rap songs
  • Pusha T - DAYTONA
  • 6LACK - East Atlanta Love Letter
  • deM atlaS - Bad Actress
  • s.al - I Steel Of Radiance, I Feel So Action

• Aceyalone - A Book of Human Language
  • Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
  • clipping. - CLPNNG
  • Bones - UNRENDERED
  • Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter III
  • Kid Cudi - a KiD named CuDi
  • Busdriver - Temporary Forever
  • Milo - So The Flies Don't Come
  • Milo - A Toothpaste Suburb
  • cLOUDDEAD - Peel Session

There are maybe 10 here I don't know.

Stoked to dig through this. If you couldn't tell from the list I posted in the hip-hop thread, I was an underground junkie in the 00s. But I've found the scene very difficult to track as an adult. Especially after What.CD was taken down and the forums containing a vibrant community of hip-hop heads went under with it.

Also, based on all the Anticon affiliated rappers listed, you should should dig through my aforementioned list.

There are maybe 10 here I don't know.

Stoked to dig through this. If you couldn't tell from the list I posted in the hip-hop thread, I was an underground junkie in the 00s. But I've found the scene very difficult to track as an adult. Especially after What.CD was taken down and the forums containing a vibrant community of hip-hop heads went under with it.

Also, based on all the Anticon affiliated rappers listed, you should should dig through my aforementioned list.

A few good hiphop heads here tho.. @Clint Howard comes to mind. Think he might be one of the only people I have come across who seems to know more about hiphop then me lol full of knowledge that guy but I probably wouldnt rely on him to give you "new" hiphop stuff he seems very connected to the classic eras

A few good hiphop heads here tho.. @Clint Howard comes to mind. Think he might be one of the only people I have come across who seems to know more about hiphop then me lol full of knowledge that guy but I probably wouldnt rely on him to give you "new" hiphop stuff he seems very connected to the classic eras

This whole post is weird to me. @Clint Howard seems fairly up on current artists, not just "classic eras." That statement doesn't ring true to me from what I've seen. Also... it seems odd that you know more about hip hop than pretty much anyone you've ever encountered, but you've never listened to Endtroducing or any other instrumental album, except for 4, and they're all non hip-hop releases.

I'm really not trying to take a shot at you, but I honestly find something interesting in what you're posting and how you're posting it. I think it's reflective of how different what each of us values is. Your perspective is so far from mine that some of your viewpoints feel like they are generating from an alternate universe. If you believe you are a hip hop encyclopedia, but don't listen to beats, then it feels like a huge blindspot; a weak point in your game. But, if you do see yourself that way, it probably means that you don't see much value in that aspect, since it's not a prerequisite to having a full understanding of the culture, for you.

Some others refer to the 90s like it's the silent film era of rap. It's really bizarre to me. Some people need a trap beat and a dude rap-singing everything like Boys II Men livingroom karaoke. If it doesn't have that, it's outdated and obsolete. They have endless knowledge of triplet flows, but don't care about Wu Tang other than Method Man.

I'd wager The Stoned Ape has deeper knowledge than you about New Orleans rap. I know that I know more about the DJ Shadows, Blockheads, DJ Krushs, and RJD2s out there. I probably know more about the roots of the entire culture and it's initial evolution, too. I have an unpublished Henry Chalfant interview that only about 3 or 4 people have ever read, where he explains to my friend that's conducting it, about how, when they were making Style Wars, the people behind Beat Street and Wild Style stole major concepts and ideas from them, after getting access to their early footage. They wound up having to legally compensate them for it. But that's graffitti and breakdancing. Ask me about half these mother fuckers from the last decade, on the other hand, and I probably don't know shit about them.

Some people just want to shoot. Dennis Rodman made a career out of rebounds and defense. Stockton could serve up assists. Michael Jordan had a more rounded game than most. These are all "classic era" references. Most people are lacking in one part of their game or another, while excelling in other aspects.

I think the benefit of a platform like this is that people do have different areas that they are more versed in, so we can strengthen each other in that regard.

It's just really interesting to see what each of us individually even believes falls within the framework of what we consider "hip hop" or doesn't.

Last edited:
Oh yeah definitely. Stoned Ape got that new orleans locked down. I dont mess with new orleans all that much so yeah you right.

And you nailed it again. I dont see instrumental albums as key points in the scene (Not to the extent people keep telling me) but im going to revisit it now im in a position to give them the attention they deserve and in the right environment. That is why your list before was important to me ;) I got research to be doing.

Most people I encounter only belong to one camp and that is it. It is very rare I find people like clint who have such a global pool of knowledge.

Camps as in.. Detroit/Memphis/New Orleans/Chicago/Horrorcore/Crunk/80s/90s ect they just throw all there chips into one pot and never stray far so they are limited drastically.

I got many weak points in my game but generally I am more well rounded then those I encounter but I am in no way shape or form the "authority" on hiphop haha clint can have that title lol

@Dead C

When I say encounter I mean discuss hiphop with btw probably is a few hidden people in this community who know ALOT but dont talk.
But clint is always schooling me with his hiphop knowledge thats why I hold him in such high regard.

I also got love for @DownIsTheNewUp for showing me music I aint even know existed.

And @Jonathan Y push for me to give stuff I dont like a proper chance

@Jmcg85 Another guy on here with tons of knowledge

Lots of good people here. Clint is just a walking bible on hiphop.

If you wanna battle clint for the title then get to discussing the topics more lol

Last edited:
I think it's reflective of how different what each of us values is. Your perspective is so far from mine that some of your viewpoints feel like they are generating from an alternate universe.

This is true.
I feel the place in which we grow up on and the people we grow up with and the music culture surrounding us thru these key years shapes the way we find and get into music to a great extent. In many ways I am more disconnected from the scene then most due to alot of circumstances. So things that naturally came for you was a lengthy sheer will thing for me.

So if you feel we are that drastically different its probably because we are. But I also believe not everyone needs to subscribe to the same line of thought on particular releases/histories/events which also aligns with us being different.

But at the end of the day I respect anyone who discusses hiphop and its all just knowledge to eat up.

Hiphop to me was the only friend I had in the loneliest of moments.
The only warmth I received in the coldest moments.
And the happiest times in my life are the tracks in my soundtrack which consist of mostly hiphop.

And all hiphop heads have atleast this in common. We live and breath it.

Hiphop crackheads :ROFLMAO:

@Believer101 I'm not gunning for any title, believe me. I'm too focused on too many focuses related to music, in general. I write a lot, so I research a lot. Within the newer era of emcee, I'm still mostly drawn to those who care about being an emcee. Freddie Gibbs grabbed me early, when he was dropping 81-track Mixtapes and shit. I like Griselda. I like Wiki and LUM. But, someone like Ugly Mane, while rapping in a voice like a Mystic Stylez hook, still has knowledge and love for genres like black metal. Nobody interests me more than Danny Brown. I feel like that dude is a genius in ways that a lot of people don't even catch. He's one of the few rappers, other than LUM, where, if I see him wearing something like a Zappa Hot Rats shirt, I actually believe him. He named his album after a Joy Division track. I have a feeling that Kid Cudi isn't really sitting around listening to Anthrax.

I interviewed EL-P for a magazine back in 2012 and, whenever I do something like that, I try to reasearch as much as possible. If you read through a lot of his interviews, especially the older ones, you'll see a recurrence of people asking him about what type of music he's making, what "type" of hip hop it is. His answer is always that he just makes hip hop. Meanwhile, he's sampling shit like a 1968 proto-electronic tune from Silver Apples to make the beat for "Deep Space 9mm." RTJ was built off the love for classic hard hitting, aggressive Da Bomb Squad production, but EL's dustier, dystopian futurism shit, while throwing people at times, still went on to influence a lot of others. Look how much DJ Paul influenced the present day, simply by finding his own style. To a degree, I believe it's important for people to know a little history. The old heads who dismiss newer artists... that's expected. It's always happened, whether it's boring and played out or not. Hip hop is supposedly always on life support and some new cat is framed as being the latest chosen one in the prophecy to resurrect/save it. That's a constant. Generally, it's just some kid, like a 1999 Joey Bada$$ that reminds them of an era they love. But it does surprise me to hear so many of these younger kids outright dismiss having any sort of understanding of the culture that they're eating off of. The Kodak Blacks who say ignorant shit about Pac, Biggie, ODB, and Sticky Fingaz, etc. I don't get it. That's also why someone like Vince Staples is so refreshing. He has his own voice, but he knows his shit and that only makes him stronger.

But, like EL has referred to, it's all hip hop, when hip hop is founded off a culture of sampling and scrounging materials together to build something new. Pushing the genre forward is essential. Afrika Bambaataa constructed Planet Rock off of a Kraftwerk Beat and a different Kraftwerk melody, after getting the idea of the 808 from Yellow Magic Orchestra. Meanwhile, he was laying the blueprint for electro funk. On one hand, if a lot of folks looked back in time, they'd see artists who have done similar shit as some of the newer blood, only a lot better and more originally. But, at the same time, every time a shift comes, there are always detractors that don't recognize how that's also at the core of the culture and the genre, or that it's necessary to always be moving forward. It's the reverence for the culture that I respect, and that's not isolated to the idea of rehashing old sounds, but an attitude and approach that respects the foundation, along with it's present state, and more than anything, how that relates to its future. Meanwhile, I think Lord Jamar says ignorant backwards shit constantly.

The fact that you pursue the culture with the obstacles and disadvantages that your location presents is admirable and says a lot, in my opinion.

Last edited:
@Believer101 I'm not gunning for any title, believe me. I'm too focused on too many focuses related to music, in general. I write a lot, so I research a lot. Within the newer era of emcee, I'm still mostly drawn to those who care about being an emcee. Freddie Gibbs grabbed me early, when he was dropping 81-track Mixtapes and shit. I like Griselda. I like Wiki and LUM. But, someone like Ugly Mane, while rapping in a voice like a Mystic Stylez hook, still has knowledge and love for genres like black metal. Nobody interests me more than Danny Brown. I feel like that dude is a genius in ways that a lot of people don't even catch. He's one of the few rappers, other than LUM, where, if I see him wearing something like a Zappa Hot Rats shirt, I actually believe him. He named his album after a Joy Division track. I have a feeling that Kid Cudi isn't really sitting around listening to Anthrax.

I interviewed EL-P for a magazine back in 2012 and, whenever I do something like that, I try to reasearch as much as possible. If you read through a lot of his interviews, especially the older ones, you'll see a recurrence of people asking him about what type of music he's making, what "type" of hip hop it is. His answer is always that he just makes hip hop. Meanwhile, he's sampling shit like a 1968 proto-electronic tune from Silver Apples to make the beat for "Deep Space 9mm." RTJ was built off the love for classic hard hitting, aggressive Da Bomb Squad production, but EL's dustier, dystopian futurism shit, while throwing people at times, still went on to influence a lot of others. Look how much DJ Paul influenced the present day, simply by finding his own style. To a degree, I believe it's important for people to know a little history. The old heads who dismiss newer artists... that's expected. It's always happened, whether it's boring and played out or not. Hip hop is supposedly always on life support and some new cat is framed as being the latest chosen one in the prophecy to resurrect/save it. That's a constant. Generally, it's just some kid, like a 1999 Joey Bada$$ that reminds them of an era they love. But it does surprise me to hear so many of these younger kids outright dismiss having any sort of understanding of the culture that they're eating off of. The Kodak Blacks who say ignorant shit about Pac, Biggie, ODB, and Sticky Fingaz, etc. I don't get it. That's also why someone like Vince Staples is so refreshing. He has his own voice, but he knows his shit and that only makes him stronger.

But, like EL has referred to, it's all hip hop, when hip hop is founded off a culture of sampling and scrounging materials together to build something new. Pushing the genre forward is essential. Afrika Bambaataa constructed Planet Rock off of a Kraftwerk Beat and and a different Kraftwerk melody, after getting the idea of the 808 from Yellow Magic Orchestra. Meanwhile, he was laying the blueprint for electro funk. On one hand, if a lot of folks looked back in time, they'd see artists who have done similar shit as some of the newer blood, only a lot better and more originally. But, at the same time, every time a shift comes, there are always detractors that don't recognize how that's also at the core of the culture and the genre, or that it's necessary to always be moving forward. It's the reverence for the culture that I respect, and that's not isolated to the idea of rehashing old sounds, but an attitude and approach that respects the foundation, along with it's present state, and more than anything, how that relates to its future. Meanwhile, I think Lord Jamar says ignorant backwards shit constantly.

The fact that you pursue the culture with the obstacles and disadvantages that your location presents is admirable and says a lot, in my opinion.

This is so well said and so spot on. Just to tack on to your last point, it frustrates me.. as an older head - I had to read every liner note, interview, obscure rap magazine, etc.. to know what was going on. And I did.. as did a lot of other hardcore hip hop heads. Now we literally have that shit at our fingertips and people can't be bothered to learn a little history? Fuckoutta here.

Like people re-writing history to say that Kanye West brought emo-stylings into hip-hop.. .meanwhile, Spin Magazine (a major fucking music publication that is in no way particularly in depth with their hip-hop coverage) does a whole piece on Emo Hip-Hop in the same issue they introduce an up and coming rapper named Kanye West. Yet people will swear by this shit. It's infuriating.

But in all fairness, this isn't just limited to hip-hop ... I just imagineered a world in which people have access to everything, they will seek shit out. But generally, they don't. They want easily digestible, lcd-engineered product. And that covers the whole spectrum of entertainment now and it's just disheartening.

This is so well said and so spot on. Just to tack on to your last point, it frustrates me.. as an older head - I had to read every liner note, interview, obscure rap magazine, etc.. to know what was going on. And I did.. as did a lot of other hardcore hip hop heads. Now we literally have that shit at our fingertips and people can't be bothered to learn a little history? Fuckoutta here.

Like people re-writing history to say that Kanye West brought emo-stylings into hip-hop.. .meanwhile, Spin Magazine (a major fucking music publication that is in no way particularly in depth with their hip-hop coverage) does a whole piece on Emo Hip-Hop in the same issue they introduce an up and coming rapper named Kanye West. Yet people will swear by this shit. It's infuriating.

But in all fairness, this isn't just limited to hip-hop ... I just imagineered a world in which people have access to everything, they will seek shit out. But generally, they don't. They want easily digestible, lcd-engineered product. And that covers the whole spectrum of entertainment now and it's just disheartening.

Exactly. I've said it a million times that we have the most advanced educational resource in history at our disposable and most people are just using it to play candy crush.

If you think it is bad now I can only see it getting much worse. People are getting lazier and lazier.

The effort @Dead C just put in his well articulated post is more effort then alot of these new wave fans will do in all of there short trip into HipHop history.

I think this is also shown in some of the music we see lately (Mumble Rap). Verses that have no real effort and they dont even take the time to try pronunciate but I still find some hiphop heads defending it like I am just old or something. But then you see these individuals taking little jabs at actual musicians making real hiphop. Lazy fans. Lazy artist. But aye maybe I am old. "them damn kids!"

I cant remember your stances on mumble rap maybe you disagree but its how I see that entire wave.

If you think it is bad now I can only see it getting much worse. People are getting lazier and lazier.

The effort @Dead C just put in his well articulated post is more effort then alot of these new wave fans will do in all of there short trip into HipHop history.

I think this is also shown in some of the music we see lately (Mumble Rap). Verses that have no real effort and they dont even take the time to try pronunciate but I still find some hiphop heads defending it like I am just old or something. But then you see these individuals taking little jabs at actual musicians making real hiphop. Lazy fans. Lazy artist. But aye maybe I am old. "them damn kids!"

I cant remember your stances on mumble rap maybe you disagree but its how I see that entire wave.

I'm not ready to discount an entire "genre" or movement. If the prevailing stance of the mumble rap community, on the other hand, is to outright discount anything that came before them, however, then I reject that across the board. It's pro ignorance. I'll judge artists on a case by case basis, because, if I refuse to do that, I feel like I'm being pro ignorance myself. What I will say is that, in the past, I'd notice that I enjoyed a lot of beats more than the people mumbling over them. As a fan of beats and instrumental hip hop, I've definitely heard tracks that I felt would be a lot stronger without the vocals.

my point that i got the silly dog gif to was that hip hop was invented to represent the elements of culture at that time. those 4 elements are really represented anymore - not trying to be that old get off my lawn head; just saying that the newer stuff (of which i listen to and try to get a pretty good idea of whats out there before i make my mind up) doesn't really align with that at all. its flashy and bouncy for sure; but identifiable with any type of values or pushing new boundaries? not sure. im just making conversation and seeing what other might think.

in response to the gif i say this - i actively sought out music when i was a kid through my young adult years. by that i meant pedaling my ass to the library to get or reserve a tape. and then pedaling back to pick it up when it came in. or listening to the radio and dubbing on mix tapes. these vital actions meant precious time and work was involved in digging and unearthing stuff - whether it was old rock, blues, jazz, etc. which is mostly likely why i love hip hop since it pulled from all that. what frustrates me is that i have a lot of younger folks in my chair when i tattoo - and ive been doing this a while in the busiest shop on the vegas strip before moving out here to seattle. its pretty demoralizing when tribe or de la comes on and kids are like, "who these guys"?

its even worse when ive had kids not know who the beatles or led zeppelin are; and i mean like super recognizable songs. it frustrates me because growing up i made an effort to learn and find new ish almost daily; as did my friends. i just dont see that now as much - sure there are kids that do know a lot; but more so i see a large demographic in my chair and mostly get blank stares. for me i see them all liking popular or more to the point - music thats delivered and aimed at selling that actually allowing individuals to seek and discover the pantheon of whats come before.

if every poet is a thief and we steal and borrow from whats before - its pretty obvious that if you dont have the knowledge of this amazing musical past as a lot of current artists dont have you get a very watered down product with no real intrinsic value. not knocking anyones tastes here, and yeah im generalizing a bit. but you all know someone that put you on to music at an early age or two if youre on this forum. and thats what im saying now that without that influence you have nothing to compare the newer stuff to tell objectively how good or bad the product were getting today is.

but its always aloha and positive vibes; just throwing my point of view out there. i do find good stuff today also - just have to dig a lot harder.

Where are NTM or IAM in your lists? I know American hip-hop is huuuge but there a few French hip-hop classics that should appear in your lists.

Where are NTM or IAM in your lists? I know American hip-hop is huuuge but there a few French hip-hop classics that should appear in your lists.

Have either of them ever made a top 50 record of all time? I mean, they did dope shit but I don't know if I'd top 50 any of their albums. I'm sure there's a regional bias at play here but I mean, I didn't include any Canadian rap records either~

Have either of them ever made a top 50 record of all time? I mean, they did dope shit but I don't know if I'd top 50 any of their albums. I'm sure there's a regional bias at play here but I mean, I didn't include any Canadian rap records either~

I know. You could do two top 50 with US albums only before including an album from another country. I would rank them very high in a ROW top 50 though.

After a lot of work and anguish, I managed to get my list down to 50 "essentials". It still needs a lot of tweaks. I will probably add more recent and diverse albums (and stuff I just forgot about) down the line. I hate to classify stuff by genre, it's so subjective. That's why my collection is organized by year of release.

Also, it would be cool to do a top 50 intl albums or top 50 by women just to see more diverse stuff.

Top 50 Hip-Hop Albums

Run DMC - Raising Hell
Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded
Eric B & Rakim - Paid In Full
Big Daddy Kane - Long Live The Kane
Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation Of Millions…
Beastie Boys - Paul’s Boutique
De La Soul - 3 Feet High And Rising
A Tribe Called Quest - People's Instinctive…
Public Enemy - Fear Of A Black Planet
A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
De La Soul - De La Soul Is Dead
Beastie Boys - Check Your Head
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Gang Starr - Daily Operation
The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride To The Pharcyde
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang…
Digable Planets - Blowout Comb
Nas - Illmatic
Notorious BIG - Ready To Die
GZA - Liquid Swords
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...
The Fugees - The Score
Nas - It Was Written
Missy Elliott - Supa Dupa Fly
Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
Outkast - Aquemini
Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star
Gang Starr - Moment Of Truth
Outkast - Stankonia
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein
El-P - Fantastic Damage
The Roots - Phrenology
Jay-Z - The Black Album
Kanye West - College Dropout
Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
Kanye West - Graduation
Das Racist - Shut Up, Dude/Sit Down, Man

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Kendrick Lamar - Section. 80
Kendrick Lamar - Good kid, m.A.A.d. City
Chance The Rapper - Acid Rap
Kanye West - Yeezus
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
Anderson .Paak - Malibu
Vince Staples - Summertime ’06
Young Thug - Barter 6
SZA - Ctrl
Travis Scott - Astroworld

Last edited:
After a lot of work and anguish, I managed to get my list down to 50 "essentials". It still needs a lot of tweaks. I will probably add more recent and diverse albums (and stuff I just forgot about) down the line. I hate to classify stuff by genre, it's so subjective. That's why my collection is organized by year of release.

Also, it would be cool to do a top 50 intl albums or top 50 by women just to see more diverse stuff.

Top 50 Hip-Hop Albums

Run DMC - Raising Hell
Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded
Eric B & Rakim - Paid In Full
Big Daddy Kane - Long Live The Kane
Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation Of Millions…
Beastie Boys - Paul’s Boutique
De La Soul - 3 Feet High And Rising
A Tribe Called Quest - People's Instinctive…
Public Enemy - Fear Of A Black Planet
A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
De La Soul - De La Soul Is Dead
Beastie Boys - Check Your Head
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Gang Starr - Daily Operation
The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride To The Pharcyde
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang…
Digable Planets - Blowout Comb
Nas - Illmatic
Notorious BIG - Ready To Die
GZA - Liquid Swords
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...
The Fugees - The Score
Nas - It Was Written
Missy Elliott - Supa Dupa Fly
Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
Outkast - Aquemini
Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star
Gang Starr - Moment Of Truth
Outkast - Stankonia
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein
El-P - Fantastic Damage
The Roots - Phrenology
Jay-Z - The Black Album
Kanye West - College Dropout
Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
Kanye West - Graduation
Das Racist - Shut Up, Dude/Sit Down, Man
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Kendrick Lamar - Section. 80
Kendrick Lamar - Good kid, m.A.A.d. City
Chance The Rapper - Acid Rap
Kanye West - Yeezus
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
Anderson .Paak - Malibu
Vince Staples - Summertime ’06
Young Thug - Barter 6
SZA - Ctrl
Travis Scott - Astroworld

I mean, to each their own and all that jazz.. but you really believe that Kanye has dropped almost 10% of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time?

I said it needed some work!;)

Oh, I get it.. it really is an impossible task. I just don't think Kanye deserves 10% of the top 50... I actually tried to actively avoid listing two albums from any one artist but I kinda did a few times anyway.

Oh, I get it.. it really is an impossible task. I just don't think Kanye deserves 10% of the top 50... I actually tried to actively avoid listing two albums from any one artist but I kinda did a few times anyway.
I think we could all ask similar questions about each other's lists and that's a good thing. You don't have any Tribe on your list???What's up with that? I thought about doing the 1 album per artist thing, but that made things even more complicated.

Back