Tipitina’s Record Club

You are doing God's work. Thank you! This teaser has me in the first 8 count. I am managing expectations given the quality of this tape, its home recording, etc. The fact that this is an all NOLA pressing/production that supports a venue I love overrides my usual desire for AAA premium pressings. That may fade in future releases, but excited to get this one on my own table.

Last edited:
You are doing God's work. Thank you! This teaser has me in the first 8 count. I am managing expectations given the quality of this tape, its home recording, etc. The fact that this is an all NOLA pressing/production that supports a venue I love overrides my usual desire for AAA premium pressings. That may fade in future releases, but excited to get this one on my own table.
I’ll give my feedback once I listen to the whole thing but my initial thought is from a business standpoint they probably should have started with a stronger recording. I get that it’s Fess and essential New Orleans and hell, the album starts with the namesake of the club but I feel this could have waited until maybe the 4th release. Definitely in the first year but not the first release. I’m in for the year regardless but for some doing month to month to test it out this might not seal the deal for them.

Mine just arrived today and just finished the first spin. I definitely get what @feesrevenge is saying, I could see it potentially turning some people off if its not what they were expecting.

With that said, I kind of love it personally. A big part of it is definitely the story behind it and just knowing what it is, but I already want to go back for a second listen so that's always a good sign. And recording quality aside, the pressing itself is dead quiet.

Mine showed up today and the combination of the weather we’ve had here and USPS did a number on the box but outside of a bad bend on the sleeve, everything looks great. Slipmat is a good quality. Can’t wait to spin it later

Back