Third Man Records Vault

I've been a member of The Vault since package 15.

In general, they seem to do at least one Jack White (solo or band) live album a year, one new or anniversary release a year, and one Jack White influencer a year (Loretta Lynn, Pearl Jam, Captain Beefheart, etc).

Its essential for any Jack White fan.
The only release I didn't like was Sleep, but as they have such a hardcore fan base, I was able to flip it within a week (also don't like the Captain Beefheart one...might sell that too).

Picked up my first Vault package last week. It was bought second hand but had basically been untouched (it came in the original shipping box and everything was bubble wrapped). I have to say im blown away by the quality and amount of extras that come in the set. I was skeptical of the price at first, but if each package is along the similar lines to this then im in for a treat for sure!

Package 33 - The White Stripes - Icky Thump X

Picked up my first Vault package last week. It was bought second hand but had basically been untouched (it came in the original shipping box and everything was bubble wrapped). I have to say im blown away by the quality and amount of extras that come in the set. I was skeptical of the price at first, but if each package is along the similar lines to this then im in for a treat for sure!

Package 33 - The White Stripes - Icky Thump X

View attachment 4411
To be fair, that one set the bar pretty high. I *wish* they were all as well done as that one.

To be fair, that one set the bar pretty high. I *wish* they were all as well done as that one.

Ah cheers for the info @Corycm. So as a look at the other end of the spectrum, what would you say the least impressive release would be? Im genuinely really intrigued to see what you guys think, I have kind of gone in on the subscription blind (as in I haven't read reviews etc).

Ah cheers for the info @Corycm. So as a look at the other end of the spectrum, what would you say the least impressive release would be? Im genuinely really intrigued to see what you guys think, I have kind of gone in on the subscription blind (as in I haven't read reviews etc).
Some of them are essentially the album and a bunch of useless swag like flags, pins, and patches. Certainly some of them are top-notch, but I think that’s what is being got at regarding lesser packages.

The latest Jack White album (Boarding House Reach) was fairly [fart noises] in terms of value. It basically had a different jacket and didn’t really feel like a $60 value.

The Elephant singles box set.

Only one I got from them is the Captian Beefheart. I thought it was a pretty good package and that's a record I've wanted on vinyl forever. I have trouble paying $60 each month for a 'mystery pick,' so I just wait until the package is announced and then decide from there whether it's worth it to me or not.

Only one I got from them is the Captian Beefheart. I thought it was a pretty good package and that's a record I've wanted on vinyl forever. I have trouble paying $60 each month for a 'mystery pick,' so I just wait until the package is announced and then decide from there whether it's worth it to me or not.
Mine is set to renew around the 19th/20th of the month it’s announced, so I always have a couple of weeks to decide if I’m in or out.

Only thing I’ve got has been the Sleep live set they released last time. Thought it was decent value as a 4x LP but the ones that come with extra stuff like pins and photos I figure most of that stuff will just sit in a draw somewhere until I finally get rid of it

Mine is set to renew around the 19th/20th of the month it’s announced, so I always have a couple of weeks to decide if I’m in or out.
I made the joke in this thread's predecessor on the old forum, but I definitely think it's best to hold out as long as possible to give yourself time to consider renewals, so I usually make it about 30-45 minutes after the announcement before I sign up.

Really excited to see what next vault is announced to be. With the announcement of Boris coming under the Third Man label I wouldn't mind a release for them but I have also been hoping we'd get another super collectors edition of a white stripes album like icky thump X.
They're due for a Stripes package of some sort, I think.

Back