Third Man Records Vault

Selaws

Hey guys and girls. I recently (as in yesterday) signed up to the Third Man Records Vault and look forward to receiving my first package. I thought this could be a good place to discuss the upcoming and past releases, I know a load of you have been subscribers for a while so I look forward to chatting with you all!

Hey Selaws, nice work mate. I've been a vault member since the Icky Thump mono release in 2009 and have missed about 3 packages since.
If you're keen to dig around for some earlier packages, the TMR Collectors Group on facebook is a great place to start. They have a lot of complete unopened packages for sale. Good luck.

I'm looking forward to the The Raconteurs package #40 that's on its way. I saw them at the Byron Bay Bluesfest (AUS) a few weeks ago, they were awesome.

I’ve received three Vault packages (Beefheart, Raconteurs, and Sleep). Have the new Raconteurs on the way.

They’re all well done and I’m happy to have them. I always have that “I’m paying $60 for this” moment when it’s re-upping time, but only bowed out for the Jack White release since I joined.

Any other noteworthy benefits that I should be taking advantage of?

Ouch, it's really pricey. I know it's a quality pressing and exclusive each time, but I don't want/need extras like the forking Raconteurs bandana...
Yeah I get you there, extras are great but its really the music I am after. I have been intrigued by the Vault for a while and now im saving a bit of money from VMP I thought I would try it out. I had a similar situation with The National - Cherry Tree. Thought I was vastly overpaying for a single exclusive record but the pack they put together was actually really good, stuff I would use like a scarf (they released it in winter) and a tote bag etc.

Hey Selaws, nice work mate. I've been a vault member since the Icky Thump mono release in 2009 and have missed about 3 packages since.
If you're keen to dig around for some earlier packages, the TMR Collectors Group on facebook is a great place to start. They have a lot of complete unopened packages for sale. Good luck.

I'm looking forward to the The Raconteurs package #40 that's on its way. I saw them at the Byron Bay Bluesfest (AUS) a few weeks ago, they were awesome.

Thats fantastic, I had a look at that mono Icky Thump....damn thats gone up in value!! Icky Thump was actually the record that got me into The White Stripes as well so I will be picking up a standard version soon I think.

So seeing as your the expert, could you answer a question for me? When do we typically find out what the next record will be? I signed up last night but dont actually know which record I will be getting.

I have all 39 and have had no issue with the service. Only once did I have to contact CS for a replacement jacket, and the process was swift and hassle free. Third Man does seem to place extra emphasis on ensuring the quality of Vault services, which is why I stay a subscriber.

Thats fantastic, I had a look at that mono Icky Thump....damn thats gone up in value!! Icky Thump was actually the record that got me into The White Stripes as well so I will be picking up a standard version soon I think.

So seeing as your the expert, could you answer a question for me? When do we typically find out what the next record will be? I signed up last night but dont actually know which record I will be getting.
The “announcement” months are January, April, July and October IIRC.

The key is signing up late enough in the announcement month so you know what you’re getting before it auto-renews. I believe mine is on the 19th so I have a couple of weeks to figure it out.

Yeah, its worth a pretty penny now. Its an amazing sounding record, they issued it again, 'Icky Thump X' vault package #33 in 2017. It was a 10th anniversary edition and a good excuse to press it again because so many people missed out on the mono. It also sounds incredible.

You've missed the cut-off for Vault #40, it was the end of April. You have a couple of months wait my friend, but it's worth it - I'm feral by the time 'my precious' arrives ;).

They usually announce them in the first week of the month, so the next announcement should be July, given that #40 was announced at the start of April.

Last edited:
Wow, time flies! I've been a Vault subscriber since pack 3 in 2009!
I think I haven't missed one since.
My least favorite is the Margo Price one (Vault 31).

Yeah, the three packages I skipped where Karen Elsom #12, Pearl Jam #29 (I'm a Pearl Jam fan - I just didn't enjoy their gig at TMR, the collaboration just felt weird) and Margo #30. I am mainly in it for the WS, JW, Racs and DW releases though.

Yeah, the three packages I skipped where Karen Elsom #12, Pearl Jam #29 (I'm a Pearl Jam fan - I just didn't enjoy their gig at TMR, the collaboration just felt weird) and Margo #30. I am mainly in it for the WS, JW, Racs and DW releases though.
My copy of Purity of Essence is en route! Should be here next week!

I've been a member of the Vault for longer than I had been a member of VMP. I think I got in on the Van Lear Rose reissue back in 2015.

I like the packages. They are really well done. I just don't spend much time spinning them. The ticket pre-sale is a nice benefit, though.

Back