There must be some misunderstanding - the thread for wrong song lyrics

Jan

I thought we had such a thread for misheard or misunderstood song lyrics, but could not find one in the search, so i'm making a new one.

From the best albu of 2002 thread i dug back into Mclusky . The first few times i heard "to hell with good intentions" , i thought the line " we take more drugs than a touring funk band" was " we take more drugs than a tuareg funk band", whichi think would fit the weirdness of Mclusky much better.

We did. I love Mr. Limes. My favorite one is Madonna's "Secret". For the longest time I thought she was singing 'her penis lies in your own hand'... not "happiness lies in your own hand"...it made sense to me...

Never knew the name of it, but I always thought the lyrics to the Til Tuesday song was "Hush hush, keep it down now, it's so scary".

I'll post the same one I posted on the old site. I always thought Paul was singing "Willie Nelson claim us, we got no one to name us" in "Bastards of Young" instead of "Unwillingness to claim us, ya got no war to name us". Even though I now know the correct lyric, I still sing my version because, honestly, it is way cooler, and actually works well with the title of the song.

Reactions: Jan
This is a great idea for a thread!

When I was really young and heard the Jimi Hendrix version of "All Along the Watchtower" I thought he said "instead of jumping to the beat" instead of "said the joker to the thief". Idk what I thought that meant ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
My wife thought the line in Dreams by Fleetwood Mac was "parents only love you when you're playing" instead of "players only love you when they're playing". I've wondered about her childhood.

Back