The Travelling Thread

Since all of my other travel plans were cancelled this year, I'm thinking about doing something different this fall: taking a solo trip to a national park or two. This will obviously depend on whether they are open or not, but seems to me like a good way to travel while avoiding close contact with other people. I'll take any suggestions, but I've wanted to head up to Montana for a long time. I'll do plenty of research beforehand, and determine whether it's safe or not before this fall of course, I just feel like if I don't get at least somewhat out and about this year, I'm going to fucking lose it.
I did a guided camping tour back in 2013 around some national parks. Yellowstone was most certainly the highlight. Unbelievable place. Also stopped off at Grand Teton which was lovely too.

Think my friend and I (who I was supposed to go to Japan with this summer) are going to plan a trip to Zion for early next Summer. If you can't leave the country, might as well explore it best you can. Anybody have any advice/hints/tips?

Reviving this thread! My friend and I had rescheduled Japan for this March, but it's looking like it's not gonna happen (again). So, hmm, I have all this time asked off, and have been thinking about quitting for a while anyway, so maybe I'll use it as my hopping off point out of this job.

I'm inspired to rent a car and set off out west, stay with a few friends, visit yellowstone, come back after a few weeks. If anybody had tips for long road trips, or suggestions for Yellowstone, or other stuff in Colorado/Wyoming/Montana//Oregon, Lmk!

Back