The Technics Turntable Fan Club - Questions, Advice, Discussion

Just ordered an AT Mg10 headshell to try out. I've only the stock technics so its a fairly low cost experiment. Any other recommendations? Is lower weight better?
That's my favorite "daily driver" headshell. Sounds noticably better than the stock technics and far better than the knock-offs.

I solve the drama with finding exact length screws by drilling out the existing holes and just using normal cartridge hardware. And yes, I use only audiophile approved drill bits. --
Pat

Alright, I’m feeling lazy. My system is as follows:
Rega Planar 3 a/ Ortofon Bronze
Rega iO preamp
Wharfedale Linton speakers
Bluesound Node
Yamaha TSR-700 and some 7.1 Polk surround system (not even currently connected, just moved house so that will eventually get in with the tv and Bluenode etc).

I’m thinking that I am going to move the Rega into my office and have the GR in the living room. So, starting from scratch- what are the must have or recommendations? Ideally looking at budgeting up to 1.5k if needed?

Dampers, cartridges, head shells, mats, preamps, hit me with em!

I’ve never not had a Technics. I forget my first model # but it was belt drive from the 80’s. I still have my SL-1900 but can’t decide if I want to sell it or try to give it to the kids in a couple years. Main table today is a 1210GR. I can’t currently imagine wanting anything else.
Do you still have that SL-1900? I'm checking one out at an estate sale auction and put a $50 bid on it since it looks to be in excellent condition and I've never played around on a direct drive before. There looks to be a really wide range in terms of what these sell for online so no clue if it'll have a lot of demand and get bid up a lot.

Do you still have that SL-1900? I'm checking one out at an estate sale auction and put a $50 bid on it since it looks to be in excellent condition and I've never played around on a direct drive before. There looks to be a really wide range in terms of what these sell for online so no clue if it'll have a lot of demand and get bid up a lot.
I ended up selling it to reclaim space. IIRC I let it go on Craigslist for $200-$300. I can't remember if I threw out or gave with the sale the spare parts I had or if I still have them. At any rate as long as the logic boards are in order it's a highly serviceable deck. organdonorparts.com typically has parts for this table.

New Year, New Price.. $1799 for the 1210GR...

24 hrs left on the N&G exclusive to get an 8 month old table in great condition with a KAB Damper and BJ Cables for $1300 shipped. Goes on other sites tomorrow night.

24 hrs left on the N&G exclusive to get an 8 month old table in great condition with a KAB Damper and BJ Cables for $1300 shipped. Goes on other sites tomorrow night.
I'd move this to the beginning of your post, if someone's not paying attention, they'll breeze by and never get to your $1300 offer.............just a thought.

Back