The Technics Turntable Fan Club - Questions, Advice, Discussion

Well if I ever need a new table, and cannot get my dream table (VPI Classic) this will be at the top of my list! And comes with quite a respectable cartridge too I see. Might be something for @Ghost to try as a "Plan B" for him as well.
Just upgrade the conical stylus to the MicroLine.

Is did you already buy the fancy photography equipment or is this coming out of that fund?
LOL, fancy photography is intact. Actually, what happened was that a couple of lenses turned out to be a little heavy for this aging photographer, and when I checked on trading them in for newer lighter version, my quote came back way, WAY, beyond what I was expecting. That and along with the Marantz $$$, got me really close to the G purchase price, with selling the GR (Pending).

So, here we are :)

Last edited:
LOL, fancy photography is intact. Actually, what happened was that a couple of lenses turned out to be a little heavy for this aging photographer, and when I checked on trading them in for newer lighter version, my quote came back way, WAY, beyond what I was expecting. That and along with the Marantz $$$, got me really close to the G purchase price, with selling the GR (Pending).

Wow! It’ss awesome when stuff works out that way. Almost serendipitous.

it's great to have multiple hobbies and most importantly get out of the house!

Well if I ever need a new table, and cannot get my dream table (VPI Classic) this will be at the top of my list! And comes with quite a respectable cartridge too I see. Might be something for @Ghost to try as a "Plan B" for him as well.
Just sayin’ - VPI Classics show up regularly around two grand, but they may have more age on them.

These 50th Anniversary tables look nice.
They are available in various colors.

I don’t see when theses will be in stock yet.

This TT upgrade just happened.
Was planning to wait closer to the EOY but scratch and dent prices on the Denon and Technics saved me over $500, plus prices are going up on everything these days. Risk of waiting is not favorable.

Thoughts on the cable choice? No experience here but have heard good stuff on AQ in general.
Maybe I should stick with the cables in the Technics box or those are no good?

I read I may need a spacer and tonearm weight to get the Denon cart dialed in.
Looks like an easy Ebay buy for those two items.

SmartSelect_20220905_150225_Outlook.jpg

This TT upgrade just happened.
Was planning to wait closer to the EOY but scratch and dent prices on the Denon and Technics saved me over $500, plus prices are going up on everything these days. Risk of waiting is not favorable.

Thoughts on the cable choice? No experience here but have heard good stuff on AQ in general.
Maybe I should stick with the cables in the Technics box or those are no good?

I read I may need a spacer and tonearm weight to get the Denon cart dialed in.
Looks like an easy Ebay buy for those two items.

View attachment 150565
Congrats! I've been loving my GR - I can't imagine the G...as for cable I always use Blue Jeans. They're reasonably priced and are noticeably better than the standard RCA. Beyond Blue Jeans, I'm not sure how much better you can get in terms of bang for buck. Others may know more in that regard.

Congrats! I've been loving my GR - I can't imagine the G...as for cable I always use Blue Jeans. They're reasonably priced and are noticeably better than the standard RCA. Beyond Blue Jeans, I'm not sure how much better you can get in terms of bang for buck. Others may know more in that regard.
I think I will start with the stock cables and cancel the AQ.
Sounds like Technics includes some pretty good base cables, which is a relief at this price.

I'd second the blue jeans cable recommendation, that's what I use.

Back