The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

AC Friend Codes:
Bohnjaggs - SW-3815-9215-8309 (Shimokita)
Santi Chacin - SW-5262-8140-7055
Woob_woob - SW-1579-2548-0299 (Genosha)
NateOEB - SW-4570-6710-2820 (Lamuella)
Djxfactor511 - SW-0542-2964-3122
ModernCyrus - SW-6246-4954-7205
Tillman - SW-3207-3804-7121 (3rdEyeLand)
McGlam - SW-8278-8564978
Tys1 - SW-4541-0841-5523 (XO Island)
EvanBenner - SW-5698-4129-9778 (Gilli)
AnthonyI - SW-4506-8576-0500 (Soulfire)
alspriet - SW 4181 8407 1525
MikeH - SW-4485-5222-9324
DownIsTheNewUp - SW- 8131-6988-1114
dmoney - SW-6546-9617-6975 (dubZZ)
ohcalebbeck - SW-4213-4433-7918 (Beck Isle)
Ginormousthumbs - SW-8010-2639-8227 (Ginothumbs)
Crabbers - SW-0891-7202-5040
foks - SW-5196-1042-0151
Lacubrious - SW-8122-0953-4909 (Büstafazu)
GritNGlitter - SW-2454-3080-9437

Let me know if anyone wants to be added to the list, I'll add the ones I see.

Here's a link to the AC COMMUNITY POOL where you can share any extra DIY recipes with other N&G villagers. *Please delete the items once they're gone*

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you do that? I’ve seen people posting pictures of their art but I have no idea how to even begin to make those

Download the Nintendo Switch app from the app store on your phone and set it up, hit the minus - sign on your remote/Switch in the Animal Crossing loading screen and set up NookLink and connect the two, then you can go to the Animal Crossing Game-Specific Services section on the app. There's a Designs tile in there that allows QR code scanning from ones you create using Animal Crossing Pattern Tool site, or any QR code you see online/social media.

Screenshot_20200325-111521_Nintendo Switch Online.jpg

You could use that to scan @Bohnjaggs sweet Tabakin art
For all the AC players... You're welcome

View attachment 37427

Once you have it scanned in you go into your phone in the game and go to the patterns section and select download to any available tile (max 50 I think). You can add them one at a time through the in game phone, then you can use the patterns in game.

Download the Nintendo Switch app from the app store on your phone and set it up, hit the minus - sign on your remote/Switch in the Animal Crossing loading screen and set up NookLink and connect the two, then you can go to the Animal Crossing Game-Specific Services section on the app. There's a Designs tile in there that allows QR code scanning from ones you create using Animal Crossing Pattern Tool site, or any QR code you see online/social media.

View attachment 37666

You could use that to scan @Bohnjaggs sweet Tabakin art

Once you have it scanned in you go into your phone in the game and go to the patterns section and select download to any available tile (max 50 I think). You can add them one at a time through the in game phone, then you can use the patterns in game.
Awesome thanks for the help. Now I know what I’m doing this afternoon.

I found this on Reddit... Make sure you get these fish and bugs before they disappear at the end of the month

View attachment 37675
Interesting that they are going to cycle stuff out, I had no idea. Anyway...I have caught exactly one of those. The rest I have never seen before. I've caught a good number of fish and creatures. Got enough to open the museum on the first day Blathers got on the island. Now it's just sitting under construction.

Interesting that they are going to cycle stuff out, I had no idea. Anyway...I have caught exactly one of those. The rest I have never seen before. I've caught a good number of fish and creatures. Got enough to open the museum on the first day Blathers got on the island. Now it's just sitting under construction.

Yeah. It's one of the things I love about AC is that some of the bugs and fish have specific seasons, and times, that you can catch them. The only one of these I haven't caught yet is the sturgeon, but I'm trying to craft some fish bait to make it appear in the river mouth.

If you check your Critterpedia, it will tell you the months/times that all of your critters are available.

Thanks! I was wondering how the fish food should be used, makes sense to toss it in at these locations to catch these fish. We still need the String fish and Sturgeon for our museum.

In previous games, Stringfish was one of the four rarest fish in the game, so don't necessarily count on getting one. Not to say you shouldn't try.

And if not...there's always next year.

Also,

A) How are people liking Animal Crossing? I saw it's getting hammered on Metacritic by users but not sure if that's for a stupid reason or not
B) I got Nintendo online last night. My friend code is 8131-6988-1114

Moving this over here. Love it so far. Slowly unlocking things, animals are warming up to me. Sending me out to run errands and such.

The only complaints I've heard are about how the second villager/user account (aka me, as my wife started the game) doesn't have as much access to certain things, especially at the beginning, but it hasn't affected me much.

Ok so I can't do the QR code for art thing unless I pay for an online membership? Is that right? Cause I couldn't ever figure it out if there's another way.

Anyway, we ran into a ghost tonight on the island. That was weird.

Anyway, we ran into a ghost tonight on the island. That was weird.

1585195993468.jpeg

That's Wisp... He's been in the game since the beginning

Back