The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

Anybody looking for Gold-armor shoes DIY? Keaton is crafting them and I have an extra DIY recipe for it.

@Bohnjaggs and whoever else is making an arcade—these may be of use to you!

ee842n24qfy41.png
Where do you find these? I’m having a helluva time finding good quality horror themed floor designs and have resorted to learning to make my own which are only slightly better.

Where do you find these? I’m having a helluva time finding good quality horror themed floor designs and have resorted to learning to make my own which are only slightly better.
I find a bunch on the Animal Crossing QR subreddit:

You can also just google what you're looking for + animal crossing + qr code. Here's a skeleton overlay and this person has a few more horror themed things I think.
g11cl70fw1v41.jpg

And a demon circle:

cdgj2x74x0w41.jpg

I find a bunch on the Animal Crossing QR subreddit:

You can also just google what you're looking for + animal crossing + qr code. Here's a skeleton overlay and this person has a few more horror themed things I think.
g11cl70fw1v41.jpg

And a demon circle:

cdgj2x74x0w41.jpg

Awesome! I’ll start following the sub! So far I’ve made these which aren’t horrible but I know there’s much better stuff somewhere out there :)

2112CD46-C7F9-4078-B1D5-726ABC3013C6.png
BA1B2976-B403-4CC5-9931-E0380B4BE24A.png

I only ever got bamboo shoots from planting shoots from the bamboo island and only once, never from transplanting full plants.

Is that a bug or is that just how it is in New Horizons? Ours haven't produced any either but I get them from mystery islands and from Daisy Mae when I buy turnips.
I was under the impression the shoots were supposed to appear regularly like any other fruit, but I may have been mistaken

I was under the impression the shoots were supposed to appear regularly like any other fruit, but I may have been mistaken

In every previous game they could produce extra shoots on their own AND if you didn’tdig them up they would automatically grow into a bamboo plant. To the point that if you time traveled, or stopped playing for any length of time your whole island would be covered in them. I think they got rid of that in New Horizons.

In every previous game they could produce extra shoots on their own AND if you didn’tdig them up they would automatically grow into a bamboo plant. To the point that if you time traveled, or stopped playing for any length of time your whole island would be covered in them. I think they got rid of that in New Horizons.
Is it just me or does anyone else care about not having bamboo on their island?
I get it that it helps you craft items...is there anything else im missing about not having them on mine?

Is it just me or does anyone else care about not having bamboo on their island?
I get it that it helps you craft items...is there anything else im missing about not having them on mine?

We used it to make a clifftop bamboo zen garden/restaurant, which looks nice but you don't necessarily need it.

Like you said though, there are a few bamboo specific recipes.

Back