The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

Yeah, this. It's not like I struggle with the literal mechanics, but I have a couple seasonal recipes each season, a lot--but not all--of the various museum creatures. My island is very unplanned natural. And now what the hell am I supposed to do with all this food? 💀
I've got bits that are organized, like my music room inside, and little cafe and wrestling ring outside, but the whole north and middle south of my island has been almost entirely taken over by various flowers that have grown more than the weeds did in my absence. The other rooms in my house are in various states of organization. I have a farmland looking floor in my main room, and one of my friends on the island gave me a mat for wiping your feet. I laughed harder than I should have at the thought of having that at the entrance of my house. Can't have anyone tracking mud in on my dirt floor.

Like Leif says: "You gotta do what makes you happy." There's no right way to play this game.

Everybody plays the game a little different. It's always important to me to get all the bugs/fish/fossils/art and donate them to the museum. I also don't let a villager move out without getting their photo first. As for decorating, that's more of my wife's thing but like the museum items I'm a completionist so I like to acquire one of everything (furniture, clothing, etc) even if they just go into storage.

This is my M.O. too, I gotta collect all the things. Having a bit of an existential crisis now that I can customize items a lot more...like, do I count myself as getting all the variations when I get one item? Or do I make myself try to get all of the variations naturally, to the extent I can? These are the things that keep me up at night.

Also I really want more museum collectibles! Not sure what exactly they could add, but filling out my museum has been the most enjoyable part of the game for me.

I spend a lot of time fishing and chasing bugs. I still have t figured out how to capture a dang wasp even a year plus later.

Stand in front of trees to shake them. Then when there's a wasp, don't touch any buttons. Your character *should* automatically turn to face the wasp and put you in the perfect spot to just swing your net and catch the lil bugger

Stand in front of trees to shake them. Then when there's a wasp, don't touch any buttons. Your character *should* automatically turn to face the wasp and put you in the perfect spot to just swing your net and catch the lil bugger
And already have your net in hand while you're shaking the trees

This is my M.O. too, I gotta collect all the things. Having a bit of an existential crisis now that I can customize items a lot more...like, do I count myself as getting all the variations when I get one item? Or do I make myself try to get all of the variations naturally, to the extent I can? These are the things that keep me up at night.

Thanks to Cyrus I was finally able to get the last pinball table that I needed (the haunted house variation) for my basement arcade. I hadn't seen it in all these months of playing.

Also I really want more museum collectibles! Not sure what exactly they could add, but filling out my museum has been the most enjoyable part of the game for me.

Mine rarely auto-turns enough and I just hit the tree, but if I take a step or two towards it I can catch it.

When I have a lot of something of a particular theme I'll build a thing. Like, I have a playground and a little zen spa in random spots.

I rarely get a resident picture. Island residents annoy me so much 😂

When I have a lot of something of a particular theme I'll build a thing. Like, I have a playground and a little zen spa in random spots.

I rarely get a resident picture. Island residents annoy me so much 😂

And I'm the opposite. Having played every version of Animal Crossing, the villagers and their ridiculous conversations are my favorite part of the game.

And I'm the opposite. Having played every version of Animal Crossing, the villagers and their ridiculous conversations are my favorite part of the game.
Oh my god, they're the worst! No, there are plenty I find darling, but plenty I literally say "shut up!" to out loud when I encounter them. Sometimes "how dare you?"

Thanks to Cyrus I was finally able to get the last pinball table that I needed (the haunted house variation) for my basement arcade. I hadn't seen it in all these months of playing.
Were there any new halloween items this year that I missed since I wasn't playing then?

Oh my god, they're the worst! No, there are plenty I find darling, but plenty I literally say "shut up!" to out loud when I encounter them. Sometimes "how dare you?"
I like when they're mad and get all stompy!

Was looking up turkey day guides so I could try to make sure I have what I need today and not have to spend too much time on it tomorrow, and basically every page I'm finding lists different things...people really don't seem to have a clue what the required ingredients will be this time around

Was looking up turkey day guides so I could try to make sure I have what I need today and not have to spend too much time on it tomorrow, and basically every page I'm finding lists different things...people really don't seem to have a clue what the required ingredients will be this time around

Now that there's actual cooking, it will definitely incorporate some of that. I've seen that Nook's will be selling a recipe pack with the dishes that Franklin asked for last year.

Now that there's actual cooking, it will definitely incorporate some of that. I've seen that Nook's will be selling a recipe pack with the dishes that Franklin asked for last year.
Oh good...maybe I can just ignore the event and get that instead. Do you know if there will be new items too, compared to last year?

Back