The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

12/25/23
Various Artists - A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector
I'll admit, overexposure & my growing cynicism (& possibly a lack of snow) have dimmed my enjoyment of the Christmas canon quite a bit, but this is still a damn good Christmas album. 4/5.

favs: Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Sleigh Ride, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Here Comes Santa Claus, Winter Wonderland
worst: Silent Night

sidenote: may Ronnie Spector forever Rest in Peace & may Phil Spector forever Rot in Pieces.

She was one of the bigger surprise Mercury Prize winners back then. It was sorta the first wave of uk garage and urban music not being just plain rubbish. Never really my bag and would probably only remember the odd hook from it off the radio running in the background at work.
Definitely dates when this list was revised. With a Mercury Prize under her belt there probably was an expectation of bigger things from her.

12/27/23
ab67616d0000b273163cdae7f1e2c82786a84e3e

Destiny's Child - Survivor

I can’t believe they didn’t make a version of Independent Women that didn’t mention Charlie’s Angels. After Bootylicious, it falls off hard - all runs over beats. Fancy is god awful though the girlfriend break in it might have been the best thing on the album so far. Will listen to the rest tomorrow.

Back