The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

not much really beats the run from Their Satanic Majestic Request
While I think that SMR is a very solid and often overlooked album I would still prefer both Aftermath and Between The Buttons to SMR. They seem much more comfortable making Blues Rock than Psychedelic Rock. SMR is much better than I think it’s given credit for but it’s never hit as hard as those two (at least for me) and they all pale when compared to their run from Beggars to Exile.

Last edited:
Spiritualized - Giving a second listen now. Man, It makes me want coffee.
For some context Spacemen 3 did release and album entitled Taking Drugs to Make Music to Take Drugs To. I am not saying you have to be on something to enjoy J Spaceman’s music but it certainly helps open one’s mind a bit to what being presented. Coffee probably isn’t gonna cut it; maybe ayahuasca tea instead.

For some context Spacemen 3 did release and album entitled Taking Drugs to Make Music to Take Drugs To. I am not saying you have to be on something to enjoy J Spaceman’s music but it certainly helps open one’s mind a bit to what being presented. Coffee probably isn’t gonna cut it; maybe ayahuasca tea instead.
lol, I meant it makes me sleepy.

Spiritualized is also one of the loudest live performances I have ever attended.
View attachment 175629
Though Pierce did stay seated for the entire performance so maybe you’re on the right track regarding the relaxed nature of it all.
My favorite albums are Ladies and Gentlemen and Let It Come Down because the sound is big and loud and feels like it's just bursting through your speakers.

Spiritualized is also one of the loudest live performances I have ever attended.
View attachment 175629
Though Pierce did stay seated for the entire performance so maybe you’re on the right track regarding the relaxed nature of it all.
Yup, up there with Mogwai and pre-Soft Bulletin Flaming Lips for being loud and chest-rattling live

6/21/23
ab67616d0000b273620b8b4e40e1f9f8d6895a6f

Nanci Griffith - The Last of the True Believers

In case you ever wondered if it was just Rock and Pop music that I have wide gaping nonsensical knowledge holes about, well I'm also a bad country/americana/folk guy too as I don't think I have ever listened to an album by Griffith before. (*does a quick discogs search to make sure he doesn't embarrassingly own any...*)

Last edited:
ab67616d0000b273620b8b4e40e1f9f8d6895a6f

Nanci Griffith - The Last of the True Believers

This is one of my favorite albums but the live version of “Love at the Five and Dime” is the definitive because it has her impeccable singer songwriter timing and story.

Back