The NBA Thread

Embiid got robbed of the quadruple double with TOs. Awful late game execution by the Knicks. Mitch played a great game then the stupid foul on that Maxey 3 (Maxey might have gotten away with a travel on that one…). OG missing a FT. The decision not to foul Maxey on the last possession before the shot went up…
The decision not foul was something I noted as strange! Embiid and Maxey uncharacteristically missed quite a few FTs in the 4th on their own.

The decision not foul was something I noted as strange! Embiid and Maxey uncharacteristically missed quite a few FTs in the 4th on their own.
I think they were worried that Maxey might get a continuation if he threw the ball toward the rim. And right after another foul attempt on a 3, probably don’t wanna risk it.

I won’t be shocked if there’s some missed stuff in the L2M but the Knicks gave this one away.

I think they were worried that Maxey might get a continuation if he threw the ball toward the rim. And right after another foul attempt on a 3, probably don’t wanna risk it.

I won’t be shocked if there’s some missed stuff in the L2M but the Knicks gave this one away.
I guess that's an advantage to starting the player in the backcourt, but I'm always surprised when teams don't foul up 4.

You're telling me Embiid had a not great game and other players managed to step up and the Sixers won?

View attachment 201604

Outstanding game from Maxey. Unbelievable shit. Despite the bad game, Embiid still had a statline others would be praised for, should have honestly had a 15/15/15 game, and he was excellent in OT.

Either way, the cap space plan the Sixers rolled with this year is probably why they lose this series and the Knicks, who went out and got players near the deadline, will most likely win.

He had 9 turnovers and 19 points on 19 shits bro. And I say that as somebody who was very critical of Jokic yesterday specifically because he had 7 turnovers.

That said, I was high on Maxey coming out of the draft and he has blown by those expectations.

Doc Rivers being a decent coach when his stars aren't playing is actually a pretty good bit
I think it's true. I think he's the type of coach that just gives his stars too much leeway (which is why the Celtics were so successful with him, because their big 3 was as selfless and intense of a starring group as I've seen in modern NBA history, at least this side of the Warriors).

Was rooting for rh Knicks until that super lame offensive foul call. I get that he has to sell it there, but what an incredibly weak way to end an awesome game.

Was rooting for rh Knicks until that super lame offensive foul call. I get that he has to sell it there, but what an incredibly weak way to end an awesome game.
butt clenched the whole game.

That’s why you fight over screens. As much as it sucks and Divo sold it, it was an offensive foul. And not sure why Nembhardt grabbed Brunson before the ball was inbounded at the end.

Knicks defense tightened up late in the 4th and nobody on the pacers seemed to want to be the one to take a shot at the end.

If I’m the Knicks this series, I’m trying to get Nesmith switched onto Brunson on every possession. Brunson was cooking him all game.

butt clenched the whole game.

That’s why you fight over screens. As much as it sucks and Divo sold it, it was an offensive foul. And not sure why Nembhardt grabbed Brunson before the ball was inbounded at the end.

Knicks defense tightened up late in the 4th and nobody on the pacers seemed to want to be the one to take a shot at the end.

If I’m the Knicks this series, I’m trying to get Nesmith switched onto Brunson on every possession. Brunson was cooking him all game.
All true, but between the weak call and the awful kick ball call a few seconds before that, it’s just a brutal way to end a good game. Kind of took the air out of the room as far as excitement goes (as someone who doesn’t really care about who wins this game/series)

All true, but between the weak call and the awful kick ball call a few seconds before that, it’s just a brutal way to end a good game. Kind of took the air out of the room as far as excitement goes (as someone who doesn’t really care about who wins this game/series)
Knicks got the favorable calls at the end, can't really blame them for bad officiating.

another tooth and nail game after a whole series of them with the Sixers... here we go

Knicks got the favorable calls at the end, can't really blame them for bad officiating.

another tooth and nail game after a whole series of them with the Sixers... here we go
Hoping this series continues with these close games. That’s my only gripe, was exciting and then it felt like they didn’t just let them play. The kick ball call honestly probably was worse (instead of a fast break Pacers dunk, the Knicks get a three). But I was just hoping we’d get the chance at a game winner instead of a relatively weak offensive foul call. Not on the players, just never fun when the refs become the thing people talk about at the end of games

Back