The NBA Thread

I am a pro šŸ draft. Virtual auction drafts are too long. Unless everyone is getting together at a bar I donā€™t have patience. Auctions are more fair but dumb luck is fun too.

I get that but how much dumb luck is involved really? I mean it isn't like we are working off of just whatever knowledge we think we have in our heads. The players are ranked. There's an average draft position. In our case we know where we are drafting ahead of time. So a lot of the randomness is removed. If we were still just working with a pen and paper pre ESPN or Yahoo internet leagues I would agree. I would also tend to agree if it wasn't competitive or we weren't playing for cash but I think because we are that the equal opportunity thing weighs heavier.

Id say it being cat h2h as opposed to points h2h favors the snake draft. Auction draft in a points league sounds like a 4 to 5 hour fight of a draft im not ready for/able to do (at least this year)

Yes

I don't think it takes 4 or 5 hours. In the past I've done baseball auctions with much larger rosters than what we have here and we were in and out in an exhausting 2.5 hours. It's still very long and I get not wanting to spend that time on it.

I get that but how much dumb luck is involved really? I mean it isn't like we are working off of just whatever knowledge we think we have in our heads. The players are ranked. There's an average draft position. In our case we know where we are drafting ahead of time. So a lot of the randomness is removed. If we were still just working with a pen and paper pre ESPN or Yahoo internet leagues I would agree. I would also tend to agree if it wasn't competitive or we weren't playing for cash but I think because we are that the equal opportunity thing weighs heavier.
In a categories league the pre-season rankings are there to fuck with you not help you....i learned this last year. It's all about finding a balance which is strategic no matter the draft pick #

In a categories league the pre-season rankings are there to fuck with you not help you....i learned this last year. It's all about finding a balance which is strategic no matter the draft pick #
Totally but they also influence how people draft and who is likely to be available. No one is letting Donic slide to pick 11 or Lebron to pick 24.

Totally but they also influence how people draft and who is likely to be available. No one is letting Donic slide to pick 11 or Lebron to pick 24.

There is the other side to that as well. So for example at pick 11 you get KD and Lebron. KD and Embiid. Etc.

I get Anteto and Butler thats the balance IMO

also im starting to lean to the 11th spot. By tomorrow morning I may flip

1633718058925.png

There is the other side to that as well. So for example at pick 11 you get KD and Lebron. KD and Embiid. Etc.

I get Anteto and Butler thats the balance IMO

also im starting to lean to the 11th spot. By tomorrow morning I may flip

View attachment 114368
Y - I think there is a big drop off after the first few picks and then another drop off at the 22-25 turn... but y let me know... or if anyone else wants to swap for the first turn.

1) @scotthilk - PAID
2) AK Murthy (non N&G friend) - PAID
3) @Jonathan Y
4) @TenderLovingKillerĀ®
5) @jaycee
6) @CrazyDiamond84
7) @sahomerrocks
8) @Psymon
9) @Rip_City- PAID
10) @McGlam
11) Tyler (non N&G friend)
12) @wmeugene

(this isn't draft order, just a list)

Please Venmo your $20 league fee to AK Murthy - his Venmo is @wigglepuppy

Please PM me after you've done this so I can mark you as paid.. he will pay out the winner at the end of the season assuming he doesn't win (again..)
I had to set-up Venmo so it will take a few business days to get my accounts linked.

1) @scotthilk - PAID
2) AK Murthy (non N&G friend) - PAID
3) @Jonathan Y
4) @TenderLovingKillerĀ®
5) @jaycee
6) @CrazyDiamond84
7) @sahomerrocks
8) @Psymon
9) @Rip_City- PAID
10) @McGlam
11) Tyler (non N&G friend)
12) @wmeugene

(this isn't draft order, just a list)

Please Venmo your $20 league fee to AK Murthy - his Venmo is @wigglepuppy

Please PM me after you've done this so I can mark you as paid.. he will pay out the winner at the end of the season assuming he doesn't win (again..)
I have paid ā€œAvi Mā€. Please confirm receipt when you get a chance. Thanks!

Back