The NBA Thread

Can't pay for all those workplace misconduct lawsuits if you're going into the luxury tax for multiple years
good point.
mark-cuban-shark.gif

LOL I can't believe that game was on NBA TV tonight. Don't worry I'll post the shot here when there's a good embeddable version.

LOL I can't believe that game was on NBA TV tonight. Don't worry I'll post the shot here when there's a good embeddable version.
It’s insane to me the games they are choosing to put on NBATV. Somehow it’s free for me on the phone app but still…the Memphis series has been fun too and that’s been on NBATV too.

I really wish Barnes wasn’t hurt. Would be more fun to see these teams go at each other at full strength.

Boston vs Nets has been good too. I hate Boston but would be incredibly happy if the Nets get swept.

If Barnes hadn't gotten injured it would have been more of a series. But really this Raps team is way ahead of schedule, finishing in 5th was basically their championship this year, this series is just gravy at this point. Harden and Embiid are going to have a lot harder of a time flopping all over the place against the Heat. They're not gunna get the calls they're getting against the Raps. It'll be a fun series either way though.

Last edited:
Such a crazy finish. I have no dog in the fight but was hoping for a longer series, now I'm thinking Sixers in 5.

It’s insane to me the games they are choosing to put on NBATV. Somehow it’s free for me on the phone app but still…the Memphis series has been fun too and that’s been on NBATV too.

I really wish Barnes wasn’t hurt. Would be more fun to see these teams go at each other at full strength.

Boston vs Nets has been good too. I hate Boston but would be incredibly happy if the Nets get swept.
Raps won their gameplan tonight through turnovers and 2nd chance points. Tonight was just an example of the more talented team pulling through.

If Barnes hadn't gotten injured it would have been more of a series. But really this Raps team is way ahead of schedule, finishing in 5th was basically their championship this year, this series is basically just gravy at this point. Harden and Embiid are going to have a lot harder of a time flopping all over the place against the Heat. They're not gunna get the calls they're getting against the Raps. It'll be a fun series either way though.
Sorry bro, have to
Also 20 - 18 FTAs tonight

FQqwjakXMAMFSg-.jpg

Sorry bro, have to
Also 20 - 18 FTAs tonight

View attachment 136390
The thing is though, the rest of the league and the refs are taking notice of their flopping routines. It's partially why the fouls were actually relatively even today. And that's against the Raps who never get a call, especially now that they don't have any legit "superstar" players. They can't keep doing this through the rest of the playoffs and expect they're going to get the calls, they won't. Not against legit contenders. It's going to hurt them in the long run. It's not a viable strategy to win a championship. So they better figure out another plan before they start round 2.

Embid saved the 76ers and Harden tonight. In the clutch moment of the game during regulation we saw the return of Small Game James tonight with missing those free throws and fouling out on an unnecessary spot.

Embid is ridiculously good and the rise of Maxey in this series gives them hope, but Harden will find a way to screw this up for them.

Embid saved the 76ers and Harden tonight. In the clutch moment of the game during regulation we saw the return of Small Game James tonight with missing those free throws and fouling out on an unnecessary spot.

Embid is ridiculously good and the rise of Maxey in this series gives them hope, but Harden will find a way to screw this up for them.
I wouldn’t want to be the team to extend Harden on the super max he wants, especially if the sixers don’t win it all this year. That contact is going to be like Westbrook’s but more expensive. It’s gonna be bad the second the ink dries on it.

Harden kept them in the game while Embiid struggled in the 1st half. 19/6/10 on 13 shots is a pretty great game in my book.

The thing is though, the rest of the league and the refs are taking notice of their flopping routines. It's partially why the fouls were actually relatively even today. And that's against the Raps who never get a call, especially now that they don't have any legit "superstar" players. They can't keep doing this through the rest of the playoffs and expect they're going to get the calls, they won't. Not against legit contenders. It's going to hurt them in the long run. It's not a viable strategy to win a championship. So they better figure out another plan before they start round 2.
Embiid regular season FTr vs playoff FTr: .550 - .574

Harden: .524 - .489 (.586 last 3 postseasons)

So maybe Harden, but maybe not.

I wouldn’t want to be the team to extend Harden on the super max he wants, especially if the sixers don’t win it all this year. That contact is going to be like Westbrook’s but more expensive. It’s gonna be bad the second the ink dries on it.
Absolutely, I think they gave up too much to get him and you might get one more year where that isn't an albatross. Particularly since they already have the terrible Tobias Harris contract.

Back