The National - Cherry Tree Club

One of the reasons the Newark is “permanently” framed for me is that it doesn’t fit in my 18x24 portfolio (I do also like it quite a bit though). On another wall in my office I have 3 simple, cheap 18x24 frames and I rotate standard-sized posters from my portfolio through them every couple of months or so.
You're right! It's not in my profolio, I have it in my oversized posters "folder". I use a large tri-fold display board to keep prints that won't fit in my 18x24 book. I can store them flat in it with newsprint between each.

That said, that show was pretty great. As I recall, it was added later. We did Hartford through both MSGs, but skipped Boston, where of course, they played a song I've been chasing, Undone. I really think they were going to play it at Noblesville, which was postponed due to covid / flu. Then it was played in Texas. It's my white whale.

One of the reasons the Newark is “permanently” framed for me is that it doesn’t fit in my 18x24 portfolio (I do also like it quite a bit though). On another wall in my office I have 3 simple, cheap 18x24 frames and I rotate standard-sized posters from my portfolio through them every couple of months or so.

You're right! It's not in my profolio, I have it in my oversized posters "folder". I use a large tri-fold display board to keep prints that won't fit in my 18x24 book. I can store them flat in it with newsprint between each.

That said, that show was pretty great. As I recall, it was added later. We did Hartford through both MSGs, but skipped Boston, where of course, they played a song I've been chasing, Undone. I really think they were going to play it at Noblesville, which was postponed due to covid / flu. Then it was played in Texas. It's my white whale.

I have one of these in the 24x36 and it's great

My feelings about Newark 10 are complicated. In the moment I enjoyed it less than any other non-festival PJ show I’ve ever been to - the crowd was legitimately terrible (some people claim to have been in rocking sections but they must have been far away from me). You’re right that it was added later - my recollection is that it may not even have sold out, but in any event the arena was far from full (it also pissed down rain all day and night, which shouldn’t make a difference but seemed like it did). I bought tickets after striking out on the MSG shows, and elected to go to Newark for face rather than pony up for the Garden on the secondary market. With Newark ending up being such a bummer (in my experience) and the MSG 10 shows being legendary, my takeaway was to never again let money stop me from going to a show I want to go to.

I avoided the boot for a long time because I was firm in my opinion that the show had sucked, and I figured all the fans who rated it positively were just setlist fetishists who probably weren’t even there. But once I finally listened to it again I realized how freaking awesome the band was that night, even if it did also validate my memories of the crowd (Eddie remarked more than once about how quiet everyone was, and the part where he snips at everyone for chanting “BRUUUUUUCE!” after the “Jersey Girl” encore makes me cackle every time). Now it’s one of my favorite boots to go back to - I remember during the lead-up to the 2020 shows (RIP) I was listening to it on the train home from work one evening and got so into it that I missed my stop.

Always been one of my favorite posters though.

Saw this on Reddit if anyone is still seeking the NYC poster

Cross posting this!

Anybody happen to have a copy of cherry tree vol 5 they are looking to offload? It’s my buddy’s bday soon and he just got a turntable. He was at the show and really wants the record but obviously missed the sign up for it.

Make the trip to NYC.
The Forest Hills venue is a great place and location in Queens for a summer show.
First National show I’m going to miss at Forest Hills. We will be in Baltimore the night before for Pearl Jam. Would be too much travel to come home and then the 2 hours to get to Queens.

Think I’m prob just going to do Philly, but would love to do Portland on my bday.

First National show I’m going to miss at Forest Hills. We will be in Baltimore the night before for Pearl Jam. Would be too much travel to come home and then the 2 hours to get to Queens.

Think I’m prob just going to do Philly, but would love to do Portland on my bday.
That’s definitely an acceptable excuse.

Pretty disappointed by the generic code for the club presale. Am i misremembering or didn’t they already learn their lesson with this?

That’s definitely an acceptable excuse.

Pretty disappointed by the generic code for the club presale. Am i misremembering or didn’t they already learn their lesson with this?
It has been a clusterf*ck in the past. I was 600th in queue - I hate that fecking thing. Ended up with the insanely overpriced package for Philly, but I'm excited. I don't think west coast will happen. It's gonna be a one and done this tour.

Back